• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 941 Views, 12 Comments

What I Must Do - Saviour From The Dark



After the battle that determined the fate of Equestria, a cataclysmic event, Salvatore now embarks upon a new journey to find his master Yamamoto. To do this he has taken Distruttore's offer to decend into Hell and learn the Warriors path every

  • ...
4
 12
 941

Hell of a Morning

What I Must Do

Hell of a Morning

The difference between day and night balanced on a silk string in Hell. Only a slight change in light was to be seen which was observed by Salvatore's keen eyes when he watched the time of slumber approach with at a swift pace. Once he had awoken the days light was subjected to his observations which was taken place when he leaned against the open wooden window, his thoughts drew him into a trance like state, it was fascinating watching the Demons set up their stalls while others waved goodbye to their families before going to their place of work.

It was after his observations that he pulled the leather sack containing his, well what he believed to be, "essentials". He placed the sack upon his bed which was surprisingly comfy...Then again Distruttore was royalty. Salvatore undid the rope which held the thick leather into a sack and watched as his possessions rolled out onto his temporary bed with a few clinks and clanks.

Laying before him where his two blades Equilibrium and, the recently dubbed, Luciana as it reminded him the Angel fondly. Along with his blades he brought the silver cross given to him by Archangel Gabriel, it's reflective surface gleamed even under Hell's dim morning light. Distruttore had told him to not bother with packing food or water as it would be a waste once they arrived in Hell...Once again seen as he holds a royal status it makes much more sense.

Salvatore decided to spend some time inspecting his blades inch by inch before allowing himself a morning meditation session. In his meditative state he cleaned himself of the dark thoughts which held no purpose or relativity to his life currently and he discovered happiness in the prospect of soon finding his Master again. Once he could feel that the negativity had been removed from his energies his aura felt lighter and could sense a bright glow emitting from it. Unfortunately he would have to suspend himself from using any Angelic magic...Doing so would cause many complications.

It was only when he sensed Distruttore's presence approaching that he opened his eyes and got up from his lotus meditation position. In a record time Salvatore packed all of his belongings and placed them under his bed, admittedly not one of the most original hiding places. In the last few seconds he had before his first lesson began the still disguised Archangel took the time to look over his room which held nothing more than a large dark oak four poster bed and a bedside draw made from the same dark oak, a simple yet still charming set of furniture.

A subtle creek signaled Distruttore's entrance. He looked quite fresh and was relaxed both physical as well as spiritually, a pleasant change. "Still wearing that cloak?"

His question was one of amusement. "I am still getting to grips with where my true identity won't draw negative attention".

The crimson Demon walked over to him and swiped the cloak off of his body, a silent answer to his question. "In my home you will be treated as the guest you are. I have informed my other half however as for my daughter she still has not yet returned from her adventures of exploring every crevice of the City".

"A daughter?". Salvatore whispered to himself. "What will I be learning today?" He asked as he stretched his wings, resulting in a few pops.

Distruttore walked out of the room and signaled for Salvatore to follow. "Alike all things I believe the best to start with is the basics...I shall see how you deal with that then I will decide what to do with you, that is if you are up for it". They walked through the candle lit hallways of Distruttore's grand manor. There was little light entering the building yet the candle light was soothing, candles were either place on holder attached along the walls or simply sat on an idle bland surface.

"My previous training is still not perfected...Though I still believe I can handle whatever you throw at me". A confident smile drew a chuckle from the Demon, it was a deep booming laugh.

"I will do my best to tutor you yet remember that I will also teach you of Demons not just our techniques". Salvatore nodded in agreement, a silent answer.

After descending three sets of stairs they entered a dimly lit room which held a ever so light scent of smoke. The smoke was coming from a reasonably large pit fire in the center of the room, it's light spreading thinner and thinner across the spacious room. After leaving the wooden stairs Salvatore observed the underground room which was walled with stones varying in size and shape while the roof seemed to be an eternal void of darkness, a oddly beautiful place.

Distruttore had vanished into the darkness and left the Archangel to walk in circles around the fire pit while observing the many runes and symbols decorating the walls plus the fire had a white circle around it with various runes within it, it seemed like a place of spiritual importance to Distruttore. A warming energy resided especially in the strange room furthermore Salvatore sensed a wisdom within the room...A deep strength which had taken root long ago and had remained rooted for many generations.

As he felt emotions of determination and failure which were washed away by realization...It had been like this ever since he had trained in God's personal training chamber. Salvatore had become very in touch with his own energies as well as the energies around him furthermore he empathised with others very easily however he was now feeling the emotions and energies from the past. Different energies from many auras which held so much emotion, the feeling was alien, Salvatore felt connected to these past energies and even then began to feel Distruttore's energy as he returned from the shadows. Salvatore put it down to his extensive meditation and training upon energies...

"I hope you are prepared...My Tock Buay".

Two rolls of rope were thrown at Salvatore's feet. The Archangel looked at the rope then back to the Demon questioningly to which the Demon simply replied...

"Your training begins now!"