• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 3,437 Views, 154 Comments

Daring Do and the search for the Winter Pearl - DemonWriterX



A new enemy have left Daring Do towards a new adventure and towards a dreaded old enemy.

  • ...
4
 154
 3,437

Knowledge

Daring Do Ch 13


Daring Do managed to pick the lock of the missing couple’s door. Ahuizotl nudged the door open and peered inside while Daring provided look out from behind. Once they saw they were safe, they stealthily went inside. Daring closed the door behind them and saw Ahuizotl go immediately into their personal bags and belongings.

“This is most suspicious,” Ahuizotl said aloud as he took out clothes and jewelry. “How could they leave these behind for more than twenty-four hours?”

“Not to mention the cash.” Daring Do said when she found their bags of bits right on the kitchen counter. She set it back down and walked around the room, hoping to find more evidence of their whereabouts. She feared that their lives were in danger because of the winter pearl. She did not trust Petite, something about him makes her wonder if he brought everyone here to be used in some way. What it was, she has no idea.

“Well, well, well…” Ahuizotl started aloud, holding out a letter from the colt’s suitcase. “This is incriminating.”

Daring immediately went to his side. “What? What is it?”

Ahuizotl passed her the letter. “It seems this colt was putting up a facade.”

“What?” Her eyes scanned the letter and gasped from the scandalous words she found. The letter was a mare, not from his wife but from his mistress who lived in Maris. It seemed the colt only pretended to be close to his wife but was actually tired of her always suffocating him. He felt that he couldn’t get away from her obsession over him and found comfort in the new mare. In the letter, she gave him instructions on where she lived and where they could run away together. It seemed the husband was having one last hurrah with his wife before he decided to run off. Daring gave out a disgusted scoff and tossed the letter back to Ahuizotl.

“I hate colts like him. Unbelievable cowards.” Daring made her way over to the mare’s suitcase and found the wedding photo of her and her husband. Her mouth fell into a sad frown and gently placed the photo back. “She probably found the letter, she probably already knew...why else did she bring this?”

“He must have run off and his wife followed.” Ahuizotl mused when he walked up to her. It wasn’t long until the wife did return. Heart-broken, but safe. Daring was glad she was safe but she was filled with anger for the colt who left her. If there was a problem with the marriage, they should have had a divorce. Instead, he gave his wife one last good memory before salting it with an equally bitter one.
Daring and Ahuizotl decided to continue their mission, stealing the winter pearl. The two went to the bar to scout out the security. Daring was in a simple dress and Ahuizotl, in his pony disguise wore his shirt and leather suit. Daring sipped quietly as she saw that the room with the artifacts was again closed off by red velvet ropes and curtains. She noticed the security ponies making their rounds and every hour they switch with new ones. She realized there was a 3-minute window. It wasn’t much, but it was doable.
She turned back to Ahuizotl, who was poking at his salad, obviously deep in thought. He hummed as if he knew Daring looked at him.

“We will have to do our deed once every pony is asleep, we will sneak above from the roof and we will have to lower ourselves aside the room.” He said quietly and took a bite out of his salad.

“But how will we do that without equipment, all I got is a twelve-foot rope…” Daring replied, taking a sip of her apple cider.

“It is no trouble if I change into my other form, I will merely jump down and you fly in.”

“Can you make that jump? I mean we will be on the fourth floor!”

“I can do it.” He said calmly. Daring nodded and stared into her drink. Her reflection blinked back at her. As she thought, she couldn’t get last night fully out of her head. She had thought if she continued on their mission to the pearl, she would forget about their passionate views on one another. She was confused on when it started. When did she fell for Ahuizotl? The villain who time and again forced her in a trap and stole from her. Does she even love him at all? Inside, when she asked her reflection that question all she got was a shrug. She shook her head and took another sip of her drink, her reflection disappearing.


“I want you to be mate because of how much I love you.” Ahuizotl proclaimed with no hesitation in his voice. His thumb and index rubbed the ring from her necklace, making her blush.

“I…” She felt her mouth quiver when she gently touched his hand. “I have never experienced love before, Ahuizotl.” She admitted. She had never told anypony that and it felt as if she was revealing a dark secret when she continued. “I am afraid...when this is over, you and I...it will all be a dream.”

Ahuizotl blinked and smiled gently at her. “The great Daring Do?...afraid of love?”

“Don’t laugh.” She warned, her eyes narrowing in quick anger. “You have no idea how much I have been used…”
He bit his tongue and gently dropped her necklace back onto her collarbone. “I did not mean to question you, I know exactly how you feel.” She turned her body towards him when he stared at the ceiling, like a patient talking to his psychologist. He let out a sigh. “As the last Ahuizotl, I often feel utterly alone...I wished to one day to meet my mate who was like me but I found it was not meant to be. Being the leader of my tribe, others in the jungle alway sought for my power and try to use me by bringing me beautiful daughters to wed.” Daring lifted her head up in interest. “Some were afraid and most played their part to try to sway me and or try to tempt me. After I saw through their ruse...and I always refused because they never loved me.” Daring sighed softly at him. They really were one of a kind. She never realized how much they had in common. She ran her hoof back onto his hand, making him turn to her with a small smile. “But I suppose I do not have to worry about that now.”

“And I suppose, I wouldn’t mind to have you as my mate.” She said before giving him a kiss on top of his muzzle. “You will be the first when I say, I love you.”


She jerked from the sudden memory and accidentally dropped her drink to the ground. She cursed under her breath, making Ahuizotl arch a brow at her. When she stretched her front foreleg out, another pony managed to grab it for her.

“My dear, are you alright?” Daring faced Petite who placed the empty glass back on the table. “It seems you are a little tired…”

She immediately gave him a smile, going into character. She bent her wrist at him. “Oh no! Just a little clumsy!” She gave him a fake laugh which made him smile at her.

“Oh, my mistake,” Petite replied. “But how are you two? Did you enjoy the museum?”

“We saw the reveal of the pearl,” Ahuizotl replied and leaned forward towards Petite. “But, we would like to see it again, would there be another reveal?”

“Unfortunately no,” Petite replied quickly. “I sent it away to be polished by Neve.”

Ahuizotl and Daring exchanged glances which made her try to continue the conversation. She batted her eyes innocently at Petite. “What a shame...I didn’t get a good look last night. Are you sure there is no way to see it?”

“I’m afraid not Madam.” He said gently, bowing his head to her. “But you will see it again in the summer when I donate it to the Maris Museum.”

Ahuizotl ears went up. “The Maris Museum?”

Petite nodded.”Yes, its beauty must be shared. In fact, I’m donating my whole personal collection! History must be shared, not hoarded. Hopefully, after this weekend I will have the papers ready.”

-----------------------

Daring closed the door of their room behind them and collapsed on the bed. “Well, our plan went down the drain.” She said, followed by a loud groan. But Ahuizotl ignored her and paced in the room. She tilted her head at him and stared at him for a moment before turning away. “Ugh, knock that off, I’m already getting nauseous.”

Ahuizotl stopped. “He mentioned that the pearl will be in the Maris Museum in the summer.”

“Yeah?” Daring replied boredly. “And he is donating the rest of his collection too…” She suddenly sat up. “Wait a minute-”

“How can he expect it to be summer when he is going to use the power of the winter pearl?”

“Unless Petite was never going to use it in the first place.” She jumped out of the bed. “It means he may not know about its real power!”

“Which means somepony else does....” Ahuizotl said darkly.