• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 816 Views, 13 Comments

Equestria Divided: Faceless Legion - ArthurGabriel



There's two sides to a story, side A and B. But, most ponies don't know that there's a third side. Ever since Equestria broke into Chaos, there's been the in-betweeners caught in it. Now they have their own army. They are, No Face

  • ...
0
 13
 816

Chapter 5: The Bargain

It had been a few days since his trial. Although calm and collected on the surface, he was terrified on the inside. He had used his food coupons and it seemed most of the ponies respected both him and his daughter. Even the other mothers let his daughter play with their fillies after hearing his heavy hearted story. Arthur continued enjoying his time getting aquatinted the other ponies. Tin casually trotted up to him. He whispered in his ear and he perked up a bit. He asked Ebony to take Aurora home when she was done. She nodded lightly, then Tin and Arthur quickly ran to the Town Center. Tin guided him to the grand chamber. There, the council seated and then a voice boomed, "all rise for the Matron Granny Smith!" A few ponies risen and displayed their Earthborn patriotism.

Arthur quickly mimicked what every other pony was doing. They all sat down and Arthur was rather fidgety. The elder lowered its hood and looked at him. "Please…don't fear us, my child. You are in good hoofs," he sighed with relief and thanked her. She replied back. She took her seat in the center. "Now…I've, come to understand you have a daughter, is that right Mr. Lights?"

Arthur nodded, "yes, your Matronness." She lightly laughed, "please…call me Granny." "Very well, Granny," Arthur started to feel more relaxed, "but yes, I do have a daughter."

Granny Smith had a inquisitive expression on her face, "she's a unicorn, is she not?" "Yes, that's, correct, Granny Smith." Arthur said as few low murmurs broke the silence.

"Now…" she sighed heavily, "usually. We take the unicorn and dehorn them…but, given the fact that, she's your only living relative, and that she hasn't shown any signs of magic, at least according to your testament…" She took a light breath and drank some water, she then continued. "And the fact she's a filly as well…we've, never encountered a case in which we've had a filly unicorn…All recording of the de-hornings show that they were at least young teens to adults. We've deliberated, and here's what were gonna do…we, we've come to an agreement. We won't dehorn your daughter."

Arthur sighed with relief, "but…" Granny Smith continued. "We will be keeping a watchful eye on her…and, were willing to make a deal. If you serve the Applelossan Rangers, under Tin's command. You will have permanent residence here in Ponyville and your daughter will be untouchable."

Arthur was about to say something but Tin lightly tapped his hoof, Arthur kept his tongue in check. "I know…what your about to say. Applelossan Rangers are usually herders turned warriors. However given your circumstances once more, Tin tells his superiors that your very observant. A key trait to a Ranger…"

Arthur gently raised his hoof. Tin sighed and the murmurs continued, even a laugh and chuckle came about. "Yes, Arthur." He then spoke, "where, will my daughter be during my time of service?"

"A vaild question…" Granny Smith said as she took a sip of water, "she, will be under Ebony's care during your time of service. You can come and see your daughter whenever time permits it." Arthur took everything in and was rather thankful for what they did. "Well…where do I sign up," Arthur sounding a bit more confident.

Grannys' smile lightly grew. "Good. I'm glad your took our offer so, hastily."

Arthur replied, "well…if serving you gives my daughter protection, I would've done it a long time ago, had I known, what was going to happen to my wife."

Granny Smith nodded, "very well…let the record show that, Arthur Lights, swears his allegiance to the House of Earthborn. In return, his daughter is to be remained untouchable and protected. Let the record also show that Aurora Lights, will be in the care of Ebony Castel. Court is now adjourned." She slammed her hoof on the sounding block.

The bailer came by and said, "Arthur. You will have to report to Tin's superior. He'll show you the way."

Arthur and Tin were ever so relieved. Arthur eagerly followed as Tin took him to the military office. Tin walked in and went into an office. A voice bellowed, "come in Arthur." Arthur nervously walked in. He then saw a stallion: muscular, dark gray coat, one amber eye and a white eye, and snow white mane. He had a scar over his dead eye.

"So…your the special case, are you not?" Arthur lightly nodded, in fear of his life. "Do I frighten you boy?" Arthur nodded, "well…don't be. I have three my own. Two sons and a daughter. My sons are in service, so, I understand what it means to have safety for your child…I'm your Superior, Iron Hoof Sr. If you need something and Tin isn't around, you come to me, understand."

Arthur nodded, "very good." Iron gave him the Appleloosan manual, a time slip to get fitted for a uniform, and a hat. "Take pride in your job Artie…you only get it once." Arthur nodded and said, "may I be excused sir."

"One more thing," Iron interjected, "we ship out two days from now. Twenty Thirty hours." Arthur seemed rather puzzled by this, "he means the train leaves at eight thirty, we have to be there before then." Tin said and Arthur nodded, "you don't talk much, do you Artie?" Iron asked as Arthur nodded. "At least you got your hoof in the right direction...your excused now."

Arthur nodded and quietly walked off. "Close the door Tin…" he closed the door, "take a seat." Tin took a seat. "I'm only doing this only because you requested it. If this was for some street rat bums of a group of friends and pals you hang out with, forget it. He's lucky. I only allowed the request because I sympathize with him because I have children of my own...understand."

"Yes sir."

"Now go on, get out of here." Tin gave him a salute and Iron returned to filing paperwork.