• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 816 Views, 13 Comments

Equestria Divided: Faceless Legion - ArthurGabriel



There's two sides to a story, side A and B. But, most ponies don't know that there's a third side. Ever since Equestria broke into Chaos, there's been the in-betweeners caught in it. Now they have their own army. They are, No Face

  • ...
0
 13
 816

Chapter 12: Personal Space

The next day had came and everyone was up and early before the sun came up. Ponies continued their morning like every other morning, however, it pained some to know that their sisters were no longer there to raise or lower the sun and moon. Everyone was at the mess hall eating, Arthur was running a bit late. Arthur hastily rushed in and quickly got his meal together before they closed the kitchen.

"So, what were you up to?" Tin inquired as Arthur took his seating next to Jade, "oh. I was sending a letter out."
"A letter out to who?" Jade asked. "My daughter," Arthur said as he took a few napkins.

"Come on, you really think she's that sick missing you?" Arthur quietly sighed and gave Tin a rather unfriendly glare.

"Would you like me to remind you what happened to her...us, rather." Tin merely squinted his eyes, "smart ass." Arthur sighed heavily, "sometimes, its necessary to give a smart ass remark, specially to a question like that one. Considering I was, very detailed and descriptive about what happened."

Tin sighed sharply, "alright, alright. Forget that I ask." Jade bashed an eye at Arthur, "so...what are you going to do today Artie?" He finished his apple and cleaned his beard, "well, I was gonna go to the armory and get a personal firearm. Seeing as, most officers have one, I figured, why not get one myself."

Toll and Joker chuckled at his remark. "What's so funny?" Tin, cleared his throat out. "Its just...most ponies don't bother checking out a personal firearm."

"Why's that?" As Arthur asked,Twister politely asked to sit next to Arthur as well, gently nudging him over and answering his question before Tin could answer. "The reason most ponies don't check out a p-f is because, they usually don't last long enough to get one."

"I know I will," Arthur replied as he ate his eggs, "well. What makes you so different then," Joker asked bluntly.

Arthur once more sighed, "cause I have a reason to live. I'm not fighting for just Earthborn, I'm fighting for my daughter as well..." Arthur gave him a unpleasing glare, eyeing him. "Is that a good enough answer?" Joker merely leaned in and pressed his nuzzle against his, "I don't know. You tell me." A few guards were watching them, readying lassos if necessary.

Tin merely grabbed Jokers' shoulder, "enough. No need to give him some flak." Tin actually had to force him down, "last thing you need is another report in your file. I don't think you can take another one Joker," Toll suggested, eyeing him and the guards.

Arthur quickly finished his meal, "I'll see you guys back at the barracks." He grabbed his tray and trotted off, not even looking back realizing that he was sandwiched between two mares who were interested in him. "The hells' your problem Joker?! Your always giving some pony problems, why's he so different?" Joker replied to Tin, "he's always giving us the runaround."

"What do you mean?" Jade said. "He never comes out with his statement fully. Trying to get an answer out of him is like pulling his teeth." Tin then suggested, "if he doesn't wanna give us everything, then he isn't obliged to."

"What's the matter now? Are you like special colt friends or what?" Joker said "Excuse me Joker?!" Tin sounding a bit aggravated. "You heard me. Ever since he's been assigned to our squad, he's been attached to your hip. Stop teating him for Celestias Sake."

Tin was starting to get frustrated with him, "you know what. You have KP duty this time. That's an order." Tin stormed off, not even finishing his meal.

Joker started to play dumb, "what did I do?" Everyone else slowly finished their meal and left the table. Toll was the last one there, "you talked. That should've been a big clue." He finished his meal, and Joker finished his meal and went to clean his table.

Arthur was in the armory signing some paperwork as a older stallion walked from behind the counter. "Just about done?" "Sure'am," Arthur handed him the paper work.

"alright. I'll just file this away and we can get started, alright?" Arthur lightly nodded and the stallion walked off. Jade saw Artie and quietly walked up to him, "hey. Sorry about what Joker said. He can, kinda get like that when his blood sugars low." Arthur quietly sighed, "why was Tin defending him...or at least trying to." Jade, was silent for a bit.

"He shouldn't have stopped him from what he was about to do." Arthur continued, "ponies like that are just big bullies. They couldn't finish school or get a decent job, so all they do is just keep the smarts for military stuff, get high enough, and just bully every other pony around them."

Jade, sighed and quietly listened, "Tin defended him because, he's my little brother...step brother, actually." Arthur looked in disbelief, "we both have the same mother. I got the pegasus part from her, he got the earth pony part from his dad, a second marriage to my mom."

Arthur slowly contemplated on it, "well...I suppose that makes sense." The stallion walked out of the office, "I'm ready whenever you are, Lights." "I'll be there in just a moment," Arthur said as he looked over to Jade.

"I guess, I'll see you back at the barracks then?" Arthur said. Jade then suggested, "actually...you know where the Mane Six mural is?" "Yeah," Arthur replied. "Meet me there after your done, alright. I wanna show you something." Jade lightly kissed him and she quickly scampered off. The stallion lightly chuckled, "special friend of yours?"

Arthur lightly blushed and rubbed his cheek, "I guess so...or at least I made one."