• Published 29th Dec 2013
  • 1,943 Views, 306 Comments

Once Upon a Time, on an Alien Ring World - Hi World



Halo CE crossover. Follow the mane six and friends as they crash-land on Halo, and end up fighting for more than just survival.

  • ...
14
 306
 1,943

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: Army of Pink

Rarity nodded at Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie before rotating to the main view screen, and Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie nodded back before trotting on their way, out of the bridge.

"You still in there, Twilight?" Fluttershy checked as she trotted along.
The AI's voice entered her brain through the neural interface. "Yep. And I must say, this armour is amazing! I have access to your shield status, weapon status, health status, and even a motion tracker!"
Fluttershy was amazed. "You can see all that?!"
"Yes. Of course you can't see it because you're lacking the helmet, but that's why I'm here. I'll keep you updated as we proceed."
"Oh, that would be helpful. Thank you, Twilight."
"No problem."

"No problem!" mentioned Pinkie, who couldn't hear the AI in Fluttershy's head. "By the way, my name's Pinkie Pie."
Fluttershy giggled contritely, "Hm-hm-hm. I know, Pinkie. I was talking to Twilight."
Playing confused, Pinkie said, "Well that's strange. I don't hear Twilight."
Buzzing out of the armour's exterior speakers, Twilight's voice questioned, "Do you hear me now?"
"Hey! Twilight! I can hear your voice coming from Fluttershy!" laughed the pink one. "Did you two have a brain switch?"
Twilight chuckled, "Hm-hm. Oh Pinkie Pie."

As Pinkie bounced her way into the wide corridor ahead, Twilight told Fluttershy, "Y'know, the gun Rarity gave you only has one magazine. You might want to find some ammo."
"Oh, ok. I'm not quite sure where to-"

"-Wah! Shoot Pony!" came the high-pitched voice of a Covenant Grunt from up ahead.
Pinkie had just entered the main corridor, and she laughed loudly over the plasma fire, "Bwahahaha! You Grunts crack me up!"
"Pinkie Pie!" Fluttershy panicked, running into the corridor to join the pink one.

As soon as she entered the corridor, the plasma fire ceased. One of the Grunts had just flopped over onto the deck with two others, and Pinkie Pie rolled around on the floor, unable to contain herself.
"Hahaha!" snort, "Waahahaha! Di... did you hear that thing?! Hahaha!" snort, ""Shoot Pony! Shoot!" Bwahahahahaha!"
"I'm glad to see she's ok," Twilight commented dryly.
"Oh, me too. Please be more careful, Pinkie. We'd hate for something awful to happen to you."
Rising to her hooves, Pinkie assured, "Aaww, don't you worry your pretty yellow head about pink little me." She gave her a playful nuggie that messed up her mane before hopping over to a sealed door on the other side of the corridor. "Mama Pinkie's got it all under control."

Using her nose, Pinkie opened the door, and the clamorous chatter of MA5B assault rifle fire came thundering out, playing hell with Fluttershy's sensitive ears.
"Alright! Pony buddies!" Care free, Pinkie disappeared into the mess hall.
Twilight moaned out loud, "Oh Pinkie, not again!"
Cautiously, Fluttershy went in after.

There was a real battle going on in the mess hall. UPSC soldiers took cover behind tables, firing eagerly at an assortment of Grunts and Elites to the right of the hall, who answered them with blue and green plasma.

Similar to Fluttershy's Spartan armour, Elite armour had energy shields that rippled as bullets ricocheted off them.

One of the Elites suffered a buck from Pinkie Pie, who zipped around the room like lightning, dodging every bullet and plasma bolt. The blue armoured biped looked around frantically, and sought cover to avoid fire from the Pony firing squad. Unfortunately for him, he took cover in a place where Fluttershy could get a clear shot on him. Fortunately for him, Fluttershy was still Fluttershy.

"Go ahead, Fluttershy! Take the shot!" encouraged Twilight.
Full of anxiety, Fluttershy questioned, "But, what if I miss?"
"You haven't got to think like that, Fluttershy. Just take aim, and fire."
After a beat, the timid Pegasus took a breath and answered uneasily, "Alright... Here goes..."

Aiming at the Elite, the mechanical arm on her armour shook with her nerves. She kept aiming...
aiming...
aiming...
until blue motes of light circled the Elite, marking his shields fully charged, and he sprang back up from hiding to return fire at the Ponies.
"Oh," Fluttershy murmured with disappointment. "Sorry."
"Better look next time, Fluttershy."
Fluttershy knew Twilight was trying to comfort her, but she wasn't sure if she detected a bit of annoyance in her tone, or if she was just making that up.

Back to the battle, Pinkie Pie hopped on the back of a red armoured Grunt and yelled, "Hi-ho, Grunt! Awaaay!"
She rode that Grunt around in circles, with two blue armoured Elites in the middle. After firing a full magazine of MA5B ammo, and with help from the soldiers, she successfully defeated the alien warriors.

All the Grunts in the mess hall had already been dropped, minus the one Pinkie harnessed. Bringing the squeaker to a stop, she hopped off the diminutive alien and bucked it out of sight.

"Great job, everypony!" she sang out across the mess hall. "You've earned yourselves a round cupcakes!"
Her soldier saddle's arm reached into her saddle bag and replaced her MA5B with another MA5B, only this one was pink and covered with stars. She fired it towards the firing squad, who watched in confusion as cupcakes came spewing out at a fully automatic rate, landing perfectly on a nearby table.

Licking their lips and beaming, the Ponies claimed their scrumptious treats.
"Thank you, Pinkie Pie!" gratified the Stallion in charge with a grin.
Pinkie swapped her cupcake gun for her real MA5B, and trotted to the exit.

Galloping through the hall to catch up with Pinkie, Fluttershy heard Twilight talking in her head.
"Ok, I've just accessed the ship's lifeboat chart," she started. "The boats are leaving one by one at a hasty rate. If we hurry, we should be able to catch one."
"Ok. Which one's the closest?" Fluttershy asked in return as she exited the hall with Pinkie.
"Well, the closest is lifeboat one, which is reserved for Rarity and the bridge crew. After that, it's lifeboat two."
"Ok, um, lead the way."

Coming to a sudden halt, Pinkie bent down and examined a pistol's magazine on the floor.
"Hey, Fluttershy! I found some ammo for you!" she called out with a sense of accomplishment, waving the clip in the air.
"Oh, thanks, Pinkie."

Fluttershy opened a black saddle bag on the left of her armour with her mouth, flipped the ammunition inside, and closed it up. With two loads of pistol ammo, she roamed through the Autumn, Pinkie at her side.

Leading them through the ship's corridors, Twilight directed them left and right, and gave them a heads up when an enemy was detected lurking around a corner. In no time at all, Pinkie raced around to meet the alien, which turned out to be a lone veteran Elite. The mighty biped grunted as she beat it down.

Giving the all clear, Twilight allowed Fluttershy to proceed. The young Pegasus beheld Pinkie standing heroic and victorious over the Elite's prone form.
"Nice one, Pinkie," Twilight commended.
Fluttershy would've said something too, but it was hard for her to applaud murder. In the end, she just said, "Thanks," and the two of them continued on their way.

Approaching the end of the corridor, two other soldiers hurried into view. The further most was a light purple Earth Pony Mare with cerise hair and eyes. She stumbled over and fell to the deck.
"I'm ok," she assured from somewhere around the doorway.

Glancing back at her clumsy friend, the other Pony was also an Earth Pony Mare, only she was khaki with a vibrant orange mane and green eyes.

"Hey. You're the Pony Twilight told us to protect," the standing Earth Pony said, pointing at Fluttershy.
From Fluttershy's speakers, Twilight answered, "Yep, she sure is."
"Well in that case; let us escort you," she offered as her light purple friend wobbled to her hooves with a hiccup.
"Yeah, let us... Lettuce... Cabbage... Uh... Hic! ..."

Concerned, Fluttershy quizzed, "Is she ok?"
As the hiccupping Mare swayed around behind her, the khaki Pony explained, "She's fine. Berry's just a little... tipsy."
"She must be one hay of a party rocker!" Pinkie theorised humorously.
The khaki Pony rolled her eyes. "Ugh, don't even go there."
"Go where?"
"Shut up, Berry."

Turning her attention to Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, she beckoned, "Come on. The lifeboat's right around here," and turned to run down a wider corridor. "Come on, Berry," she grated, loosing her patience.
All together, the four Ponies galloped down the corridor, turning left and - wow! Lifeboat two really was close.

Huddling around the air-lock, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Berry waited as the orange maned Mare typed away at an activation panel.
"... Hold on..." Twilight said with growing suspicion. "... Oh gosh. Get back!"
Everypony fled the air-lock, and thanks to Twilight's warning, they narrowly avoided being blown to smithereens as the air-lock door blew open, and a horde of Covenant came pouring out.

"What the... How did they get in the lifeboat?!" boggled the orange maned Mare as she fired her MA5B assault rifle at the mixture of Grunts and Elites.

Like a rocket, Pinkie Pie blasted her way into the air-lock, scoring a strike on the Covenant bowling pins, giving the khaki Pony the chance she needed to spray them all with bullets. She used up an entire mag, just as she'd got the shields down on a crimson armoured Elite.
Unable to shoot as she reloaded, the Mare strained, "Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!" as the veteran Elite regained his composure and raised his plasma rifle.

"Quick, Fluttershy! Shoot that thing!" pressured Twilight urgently as Fluttershy hid behind a support column.
Groaning, Fluttershy popped up from cover and shakily aimed her diamond encrusted magnum at the Elite. Pinkie was nowhere in sight, but she could still be heard fighting away at a second Elite in the air-lock.

POW! The Elite fired a single bolt of plasma from his curvy blue rifle, and the khaki Mare dropped like a rock. A rock with a face that had been burnt off.

Shock and horror consumed Fluttershy as she whipped herself back behind the column and took deep, panicked breaths.
"Oh no! I didn't save her!" she pined as Twilight bellowed:
"Fluttershy! That Elite is still on the loose! You need to stop him before his shields recharge and he does that to us! Or Pinkie!"

Peering tearfully from behind the column, Fluttershy spied the murdering Elite, standing with his back turned to the dead khaki Mare and staring fiercely into the air-lock where Pinkie and another Elite tussled away.

Semi-consciously, Fluttershy motioned her mechanical arm and pistol into position, and pulled the trigger. The ear-splitting bang and kick-back of the shot was enough to make her jump. 'Twas also enough to rock the Elite back, and he grasped the bloody gunshot wound she'd inflicted on his right arm, making him loose grip on the plasma rifle.

"Good! Hit him again!" ordered the vengeful Twilight, prompting Fluttershy to approach the Elite and fire shot after shot into his torso.
She whimpered with unease as she drew closer to the target, not at all comfortable.

The Elite's blood was purple, and it dripped out onto the floor. Weakly, he slipped onto his back where Fluttershy stood frowning over him, watching as the life faded from his red eyes. She couldn't believe what she'd just done, and she slumped to her haunches in guilt.

Softly, Twilight checked, "Fluttershy... are you ok?"
With a sniff, Fluttershy answered, "No."

In an instant, Pinkie Pie returned, unharmed and with a big smile on her face. "I'm here, Fluttershy! How are you - woah!" Her blue eyes widened upon seeing the floored Elite. "Did you do that? Nice job!" Pinkie squeezed Fluttershy with a cuddle. When Fluttershy didn't cuddle back, she pulled away and looked puzzlingly at her, noting her frown. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Sniffling, Fluttershy whimpered, "Look," and pointed at the dead khaki Mare who lay still on the floor.
"Oh dear... That's not you're fault, Fluttershy," comforted Pinkie meaningfully, nuzzling up to her.
"I could've saved her," sniff, "But... I... I didn't. If I had just been braver..." she trailed off, squeezing her eyes shut with grief.

"No pony can blame you for being afraid, Fluttershy," Twilight tried to comfort. "You have every reason to fear the Covenant."

After squeezing out a few tears, and another long hug from Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy sniffled and got up. A grenade detonation sounded close by, followed by the pitched scream of a Pony. Fluttershy was a statue for a while, before she wiped away her tears and scanned around.

Twilight and Pinkie were right. They were in the middle of a war, and stuff like this just sort of happened. There was no time to play the blame game... but she blamed herself for the khaki one's death so hard right now.

Searching around sheepishly, she wondered, "Where'd the other Pony go?" refering to the tipsy, light purple Mare who had accompanied the khaki one.
Pinkie thought for a moment before stating, "I have no idea."
"Oh. Um... What about the lifeboat? Can we still use it to get off the Autumn?"
Resurfacing, Twilight said, "You should take a look for yourself."

Pacing over to the air-lock, Fluttershy got a gander of glittering purple metal and one dead rookie Elite inside. She instantly recognised it as Covenant design, and its very presence made a lump form in her throat.

"What is this thing?" she puzzled with a croaky voice.
"This, is a Covenant boarding craft," explained Twilight. "They're docking them in our lifeboat air-locks. It's clever."

Gulping, Fluttershy thought aloud, "I... guess we have to find a new lifeboat... right?"
"Right. I'll give you the directions."
Accepting, she mumbled, "Ok... Come on, Pinkie Pie."
The two of them left the scene.

Images of the encounter continued to haunt Fluttershy's mind. Another thing that haunted her mind was; what on Equestria happened to the tipsy Pony? No body, living or dead, had been found. No trace of where she went. No clue as to who was responsible for her disappearance. The mystery was enough to scare Fluttershy.

Following Twilight's directions through the maze, Fluttershy and Pinkie traversed a blackened corridor, and soon stumbled upon a conflict between the UPSC and the Covenant. Working with the squad of equine soldiers, they were able to flank the Covenant.

Fluttershy scored a head shot on a cute little Grunt, which she immediately dismissed as nothing more than a fluke. She didn't like killing that Grunt, and she especially didn't like Twilight's praise for it. She did appreciate her intent, though.

Now that the cramped quarters were secure, Pinkie shot along, Fluttershy trailing behind.
"Hey look!" the Mare in charge of the firing squad hollered and pointed at Fluttershy. "You must be Fluttershy. Thanks for the assist, Fluttershy."
Stopping in her tracks, she stopped to wave sweetly at the soldiers and said, "Oh, you're welcome."

In her head, Twilight plotted, "Fluttershy, you have only one bullet left in your pistol. I recommend you ask these soldiers to spare some ammo for you."
"Oh, that would be kinda rude, don't you think? It's their ammo, not mine."
"Fair enough. Allow me..."

Twilight switched from private chat to loud speaker and grabbed the attention of the firing squad. "Listen up, everypony! Fluttershy here is running low on ammo, and we would very much appreciate it if you could lend her some."

Kind heartedly, the blue Mare in charge obliged, "Absolutely, Twilight," offering five whole magazines. "Here you go, Fluttershy. I hardly use my pistol anyway."
Blushing, Fluttershy muttered, "Oh, thanks, but there's really no need to-"
"-Oh, pish posh!" the soldier interrupted, waving a hoof. "You're the Pony keeping the Autumn's AI safe, and we must help you in any way we can."
Fluttershy felt uncomfortable accepting favours, but since they insisted, she opened up her saddle bag and let the Mare drop off her pistol ammo. The other three Ponies under her command did likewise.

"Eighteen clips in total!" Twilight calculated. "Wow! Thanks, everypony. This will surely help."
Full of gratitude, Fluttershy told the squad, "Thank you. Um... I'll just be on my way now," and trotted away, reloading her gun.
"Take care now!" the Mare called after her.

Into a wider main corridor, Fluttershy met another team of Ponies, along with some dead Covies sprinkling the floor... but no Pinkie Pie. After checking with one of the soldiers, she learnt that Pinkie was responsible for the Covenant casualties, and that she'd just vanished as soon as they'd been taken care of. Sounded believable, so she continued exploring the twisting corridors, seeing similar, tell-tale scenes of dead Covies and soldiers moving out.

Galloping in Pinkie Pie's hoof steps, Fluttershy listened to an irritated Twilight.
"Ugh! I can't believe her! Doesn't that Pony know the meaning of "stay close?""
"I just hope she's ok," admitted Fluttershy.
Twilight sighed, "Me too."

After emerging in a darkened section of main corridor clustered with striped barrels and a raging fire at one side, Fluttershy ducked under a half closed containment door and into another section of main corridor, where yet more dead Covies were strewn, along with two surviving crew Ponies.

To the Ponies, she fished desperately, "Have you seen a pink Pony anywhere? I've lost one."
The Unicorn of the two began to reply, "Oh, yeah we saw one alri-"
"-Hi, Fluttershy!" bellowed the fluffy pink Pony who flashed in with a huge smile.
Fluttershy let out a deep sigh of relief. "Oh, Pinkie Pie! I'm so glad you're safe!"

Giving her a hug, she continued, "I've been worried sick! We've been looking everywhere for you!"
Sternly, Twilight buzzed, "Pinkie, you need to stop abandoning us like this. If one of you got hurt, the other one wouldn't know about it."
Laughing and snorting, Pinkie Pie revealed, "Hehaha! I'm not abandoning you! I'm just clearing a path for my bestest friends! Duh!" Wiping her hoof across the scene of the Covie corpses and two confused crew Ponies, she interrogated, "So, I do good?
Struggling, Twilight began to answer, "Well... I guess, but..."

The Unicorn Mare who spoke before announced, "If Pinkie here didn't show up when she did; we would have been shot by these Covenant! We owe her our lives."

Something struck the outside of the ship, making the whole deck quake. The other, Stallion crew Pony fell over with a grunt, but everypony else managed to keep their composure.

Sighing, Twilight pronounced, "I suppose you did a good job, Pinkie. But do you think maybe you can do a good job close to us?"
"Please?" Fluttershy added, looking at Pinkie like a sad puppy.
Eventually, the pink one decided, "Sure," and joined Fluttershy in the next branch corridor.
Left by themselves, the two crew Ponies ran off in separate directions.

After a few minutes walking, and an ardours fire fight in one of the Autumn's stair wells, Fluttershy and Pinkie ventured down a main corridor, where they immediately caught sight of a collection of Covenant. The two Mares dove into cover behind one of those UPSC shield placements.

Puzzled and frightened, Fluttershy queried, "Twilight, are those Covies not showing up on your sensors?"
Her reply was worrying. "What Covies?"
The two Ponies rose their heads up from behind the shield to get a second look at the Grunts and Elites.
Descending back into cover, Fluttershy whispered, "Those Covies."
"I can't see them, Fluttershy. And the sensors in this armour only track movement. Are they all staying still by any chance?"
Taking a third look, Fluttershy and Pinkie noticed numerous Grunts who held position, aiming their plasma pistols around as if they were expecting an ambush. Three mighty Elites stood amongst them too; two blue and one crimson.

Murmuring something in the alien language of Elite's, the crimson one pointed to an area just off the Ponies' hiding place, and one of the blue ones crept over in the direction.
The crimson ones order the blue ones, Fluttershy observed before slinking back down.

"Ah!" noised Twilight, giving Fluttershy a scare. "I have one red dot, heading in our direction."
The blue one.

Fluttershy searched desperately through her brain for options, but she figured none of them would work. Her heart beat heavily in her chest as the Elite's intimidating footsteps grew louder and louder. Lost, she stared at Pinkie Pie, who looked confused for a second, until a light bulb pinged on over her head.

Opening her saddle bag, Pinkie stashed the light bulb, and produced a small, round, green fragmentation grenade in her mouth. With the pin in her teeth, she yanked the explosive free and jumped up to hurl it at the alien crowd.
"You might wanna cover your ears this time," advised Twilight, prompting the two Mares to do so.

There was a subdued BOOM that sent the blue armoured Elite soaring over their heads, and set the rest of the Covenant off like car alarms.

Pinkie Pie jumped into the centre of the corridor and sprayed the survivors with bullets, save for the veteran Elite who fled the scene to let his shields recharge.

With the rest of the Covenant lying on the floor in pools of their own purple and blue blood, Pinkie went racing after the running dog.
"Get back here you!" she thundered as it disappeared into a blackened section of corridor.
"Pinkie! Wait!" Twilight pleaded.
The pink one screamed back, "No! You hurry up!" and dashed away into the shadows.
Frustrated, Twilight groaned, "Ugh! Come on, Fluttershy!"

Following Pinkie and the Elite, the yellow Pegasus sped away through the blacked out area, holding position at a corner where the darkness surrendered to light. A fire crackled away over some barrels to her right, and the heat made her forehead shine with sweat.

Peering ahead, Fluttershy discovered the crimson Elite standing behind a translucent Covenant shield placement, and Pinkie Pie snarling at him from the other side.

Panting, the monstrous biped darted his blue eyes from side to side, sussing out the situation. Circling the alien, the blue lights of armour recharge ascended and fizzled away. Evilly, he laughed, and smirked menacingly at the blue eyed Earth Pony, who now started to bark at him.

"Woof! Rrr-woof! Grrrr!"
"Pinkie! What are you doing?!" Fluttershy begged to know.
Twilight: "Fluttershy, I recommend standing by Pinkie's side. Together, you can flank him!"
Terrified, Fluttershy grated, "What kind of soldier do you think I am!?"
"A soldier who want's to help her friend when she's in danger, perhaps?"
Twilight couldn't point right now, but if she could, she'd be pointing at Pinkie, who continued her staring contest with the huge, veteran Elite.

Twilight was right though; she always was, and the more Fluttershy thought about it, the more she realised how selfish she was being.

Upon seeing Fluttershy run up to join Pinkie, the Elite grunted in surprise, those piercing blue eyes darting around once more, reassessing the situation.

Twilight hissed over the exterior speaker, "On the count of three. One..."
The Elite examined the Ponies, confused as to where the third voice was coming from.
"... Two..."
Locking eyes with Fluttershy, the Elite rumbled, making Fluttershy feel small.
"... Three!"

At once, the Earth Pony and the Pegasus swung round each side of the shield and sandwiched the Elite with bucks. His shields dropped, as did his plasma rifle, but he still managed to punch Fluttershy in the face. Luckily, her own shields bought the brunt of the attack, thus dropping.

"Get your head down!" alarmed the Alicorn in Fluttershy's head.
Hunkering down and protecting her head, she avoided another swing from the Elite, who was pulled back by Pinkie, and anti-climactically shot in the face.

"Woohoo! Now that's what I call teamwork!" celebrated Pinkie Pie, blowing the smoke from the barrel of her MA5B.
"G... great job, P-pinkie," Fluttershy congratulated, huffing and shivering.
Twilight corrected, "Great job, everypony."

Golden light swirled around Fluttershy, catching the attention of Pinkie.
"Oooo! Golden-y," she observed in awe.
Embarrassed, Fluttershy giggled and blushed. "Hm-hm. That's just my shields recharging."
"Cool!"

As soon as the recharging sequence was over, the Filly of Autumn jostled as she absorbed yet another blow, followed by Captain Rarity's voice on the ship wide com.
"Brace for impact!"
Annoyed, Twilight moaned, "Oh Rarity. She's supposed to say that before the impact!" Changing her tone, she proceeded, "Keep following this corridor and you'll get to the lifeboats."
"You got it!" Pinkie acknowledged, and the duo galloped onwards.

At the next right turn, they came up to a large window with a deceased Pony laying next to it, and a decent view of space and the side of the Autumn.
Eyes fixed to the equine corpse, Fluttershy gasped, "Oh my gosh!"

Wordlessly, Pinkie began salvaging ammo from the unfortunate Mare, stocking up on MA5B ammo for herself, and offering two more clips of pistol ammo to Fluttershy. Knowing where the magazines came from, she reluctantly took them in her mouth and spat them into her saddle bag.

POW! There was a spectacular flash outside the window. Pinkie squashed her face against the glass whilst Fluttershy yelped and hunkered, peeking through her trailing pink mane at the sight of gigantic blue laser beams striking the ship's exterior.
"Woah!" gawped Pinkie Pie, the lasers reflecting in her widening blue eyes.

A separate noise; a louder, deeper boom, vibrated the metal deck as a lifeboat blasted free from the Autumn and sailed quickly out into space.
As the Ponies watched on, Twilight urged, "The lifeboats are launching! We should hurry!"
Jumping up, Fluttershy agreed, "Oh, of course! Come on, Pinkie!"

At full speed, the Mares ran around the window and to a row of three air-locks. The further most had housed the lifeboat that they'd seen launch, so they huddled into the closest air-lock, just as the lifeboat docked there went rocketing out of the ship.

Both Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie inhaled with panic, and bolted on over to the next lifeboat in seconds, only to witness its booming departure. Looking on in grief, the two of them had their jaws dropped as the lifeboats sailed away; Ponies nice and safe inside... Or were they?

Blue laser beams continued to punch into the Autumn's plating, and there was a blinding, fiery explosion as the last lifeboat was struck by one.

Screaming, Fluttershy turned away and shielded her eyes.
"Oh no! We're never gonna get off this ship!" Pinkie pined.
Quietly, Twilight noted, "The Covenant are destroying the lifeboats. They really don't want us on that ring!"
"But why?" Fluttershy pleaded.
"I don't know why." She paused, leaving Fluttershy in doubt. "... But I'm sure we'll find out once we're down there. Bare with me while I locate more lifeboats..."

Crammed into the tiny air-lock, Fluttershy and Pinkie heard the high-pitched, trademark mumblings of Grunts making their way up the corridor.

"... There. I have located three lifeboats on the starboard side," Twilight eventually returned. "They're quite a ways off, but it's either them or the ones that are over two kilometres away, hehe. Err, I do know a couple of shortcuts, however. We'll have to go through the ship's maintenance access ways."
Not knowing what the maintenance access ways were, Fluttershy breathed, "Ok," her hopes low.

Before she and Pinkie peeped around the corner, Twilight added, "Oh, and guys? There are some enemies to your left. We can all hear them, but I thought I'd reassure you that my sensors are working."

Author's Note:

USE MEDIUM DARK BACKGROUND.

Ok, you probably sussed out that the khaki Mare is Carrot Top, but since her name was never brought up, I wasn't able to use that name. It's not like I can control what the characters say to each other, is it? I'm just the freakin' author lol xP

Where'd Berry Punch go? Well, I have a plan for her. It's a cool one.

28th April 2014 edit. I edited the hell outa this chapter lol. Almost ended up re-writin' it all together.

6th July 2014 publishing day. Even on publishing day, this chapter was hacked to death with editing lol. it is significantly shorter, and better than what it originally was.

PreviousChapters Next