• Published 26th Dec 2013
  • 2,270 Views, 21 Comments

Nyx and the Summer Camp - Tebbzy7



Nyx and her friends went to a camp for the summer

  • ...
8
 21
 2,270

chapter 6

For the next week nothing much happened. The counselors divided responsibilities and they were in charge of different activities. Quick lancer was in charge of the basic flying training, while Rainbow Dash was in charge of the middle to advanced flying training. Perry did basic magic training; While Sunset punch did the advance magic training. Sweetie belle did music. Pinkie handled the sports. Apple Bloom was in charge of the arts and crafts. Nyx did nature hike and story time with Nyx which came out of nowhere.



One day Nyx was looking through the Camp Library and found a copy of Nyx of the night. She hasn’t read the story she was named after in awhile. So she checked it out and went to read it under a tree. Silken Glove had been keeping close to Nyx since she had been afraid that the other camper wouldn’t like her. So Nyx decided to read out loud to her. When she was done reading that day there was a small group of ponies. And as time went by more ponies came to listen to Nyx read until now it became a daily event that happens after breakfast. Now Nyx was about to start the fourth book in the Boxcar ponies series; Mystery Ranch. She hasn’t read this series before, but when she gets back to Everfree she will order the whole series for the Everfree library , which is a pet project of her mother.



Nyx walked onto the Camp’s stage which is the only place large enough to fit the group of ponies that came to listen to Nyx. She looked around at the ponies in the stands and she sat on the cushion placed there for her. “Chapter 1, the door bangs” she read. Nyx read for about an hour to the ponies and lulled them into a peaceful state. Then she came to the end of a chapter she said “that is it for today.” And she marked her place and closed the book. She heard the disappointed sounds of the ponies as they got up and went on their way.



Nyx walked back to her room and put the book in a drawer of her desk. As she did a pony dress in a black body suit snuck in from the balcony.



Nyx said “Rainbow Dash, black body suits only work at night.” Nyx horn glow and so did the Drawer. “And I just put a magic lock on the drawer. Have fun trying to get the book now.” then Nyx left.



The black clad Rainbow Dash snuck to the desk and pull in the drawer as hard as she can. And pull the desk across the room. “That snot did put a magic lock on it; curse you Twilight for teaching her that spell.” Rainbow put the desk back and left the room.



Nyx smile when she heard Rainbow’s comment. Nyx walked to toward the Arts and Crafts Cabin to help Apple Bloom since she have no hikes planned today. On the way there she ran into Silken Glove practicing some magic. She was trying to levitate three stones of different size and move them independently. It is difficult to do if you’re not use to it.



Nyx walked up and said “do you want some help?”



“Oh no Princess, I can’t take up your time like that. I am sure you have more important things to do.”



“First I am Nyx not Princess, second I am here to help the campers where I can. Third I want to teach one of my uncle Shining’s trick to you.”



Silken Glove agrees thinking if Prince Shining Armor does it, it would be alright.



Nyx lead her to the lake. Then she levitated the canoes so they could hide behind them. Then she said “Silken Glove form the some water into a ball.” Silken Glove did as Nyx said. And Nyx did the same. Nyx aim at a Merpony and let her ball go and it hit the Merpony on the back on the head and Nyx smile at the Merpony.



The Merpony smile “Nyx, it is so on.”



Then the Merpony kicked water up and hit Silken Glove in the face. And she dropped the water ball. Then more Merponies joined the fight.



Nyx said “you have to throw the water ball at the Merponies.”



“I don’t know if I could do that.”



“You can, levitation isn’t something you practice and it something you use.” And she threw three Water Balls at the Merponies. “This is a great way to use it and have fun.”



“I can’t do that; it would be mean to hit the poor Merponies.”



Nyx yelled “timeout” Nyx look at Silken Gloves “get on my back.”



She ran to the lake then lit her horn and ran out onto the water to where the Merponies were.



“Do you mind if we throw water balls at you.”



Sea foam answered “isn’t that the point of the game.”



“She doesn’t want to hurt your feeling.”



Sea Foam splashed water in Nyx’s face “stop joking around and get back there so we can have this water fight.”



Nyx turned and galloped back behind the canoes. Then they got there they saw three more Unicorns hiding behind the canoes all with water ball at the ready.



One of the Unicorns spoke “they splashed us when we went Canoeing; it is time for payback.”



Nyx nodded and yelled “time in”



A volley of water balls shoot out from behind the canoe and Silken Glove watch as the other ponies laughed and Threw Water Balls. She wanted to be part of the fun. And levitated some water and formed it into a ball and threw it at sea foam. She missed but she did it. And she tried it again, and again. Until she was part of the fight. Within minutes all the unicorns in the camp was part of the water fight. Minutes after that Pinkie was giving all nun-unicorns water balloons. The water fight went on until lunch.



At lunch all the little Unicorns could barely move their forks with magic. The older unicorns felt the strain on their magic. And the Merponies’ tails were sore. So after lunch was over everypony went back to what they should be doing.



As Nyx walk out of the mess hall she saw Silken Glove sitting by herself. “Silken Glove, that was quite the workout wasn’t it? Did you have fun?”



She turned to face Nyx. ”yes, I have fun, and that is the problem. My parents would never approve of me acting that way.”



“Really, why is that?”



“It was improper of us.”



Nyx laughed “Improper? Not even two weeks ago I was having a water fight with the royals of Equestria.”



“my parents say that is because you to tricked Celestia and Luna into it.”



Nyx thought of how excited Celestia was when she got told about the water fight. Nyx laughed to herself, and then she looked to Silken Glove. She came up with an idea. “If it is improper to do in Canterlot then we have to make it proper to do in Canterlot.”



Silken Glove looked blankly at Nyx.



“Just follow me.” They went to the arts and crafts Cabin. Silken Glove waited at the door. Nyx went over and talk with Apple Bloom. Then Nyx got a piece a paper and draw something. Apple bloom looked at it and change it a little bit and Nyx nodded. Then Apple bloom smiled and went to work. Nyx wrote a letter then she sent the letter and the drawing with magic. After that she walked back to Silken Glove.



“Now we need to find Sunset Punch.” Nyx said.



When they found Sunset Punch a letter transported in front of Nyx. And Nyx opened it read it. She laughed "oh luna" then burned one page of it.



Nyx walked up to Sunset punch “Sunset Punch, Celestia approved of me teaching you an Alicorn training method. It is called “spherical Water training”. You form water into a ball like you would for a water fight, but you throw it at a target that consist of three rings. The farthest out ring is worth 5 points that next one in is 10 point and the middle is worth 20 points. And you have 30 seconds to get as many points as you can.” Nyx winked to Silken Glove. “Apple Bloom is working on the target right now”



“How I do I know you didn’t just make it up to mess with me.”



“I have a letter from Celestia right here tell me that she is starting to use this training at her school for gifted Unicorns.” Then a green puff of magic floated over and a letter formed. Than another Letter transported in front of her; Nyx read both and laughed.



“Sorry about that, Royal business. So here is the Letter from Celestia.” She levitated it over to her.



Sunset Punch read it and gave it back. “Ok I will start teaching it as soon as Apple Bloom is finished.”



Nyx and Silken Glove walked away. As soon as they were far enough away Silken Glove said “how did you do that?”



“You should never underestimate me or my friends.”



Pinkie came over to Nyx “hey Nyxie, you know the camp play is coming soon. And some pony wrote that we should do the Ponyville Elementary School Production of Reunion of the Royal Pony Sisters.”



“I don’t mind if that is what you want to do. I will write my mom and have her get the script and costumes from Cheerilee.”



“Thanks Nyxie.” Then Pinkie bounced off.



“What is the Ponyville Elementary School Production of Reunion of the Royal Pony Sisters?”



“It was a school play I was in about two years ago. It was part of the Ponyville Spring Festival. We even got to do it in the main stage. It was a lot of fun. You should try out for Celestia.”



“What part did you play?”



“Nightmare moon.”



“I see that with your black coat, but I couldn’t see you as nightmare moon.”



Nyx Smile she takes off her glasses and start pulling in magic. Her mane starts to grow then wave slightly. As time went by her mane and tail became more and more like Nightmare moon.



She looked at her with her dragon eyes and her flowing mane. “How about now?”



“Yes, look like her. How do you do that with your mane?”



Nyx let go of her magic “it is an Alicorn thing.” Her mane went back to how it was.



“So are you going to try out for Nightmare moon?”



“No, but If they can’t find anyone to play that role I would do it.” Nyx look at the clock “Don’t you have music with Sweetie belle right now.”



Silken Glove said “yes I do bye.” And she ran off.



Nyx went to check on Apple bloom. When Nyx walked in she saw Apple bloom telling some unicorn stallion how to work the crystals. Apple bloom learned crystal-smithing from some Crystal ponies. Apple Bloom looked up and said “Nyx, I got the one for here done. But the one for Canterlot will take some time. These stallions Celestia sent from Canterlot don’t know the difference between Crystal matrix and a Crystal cluster.”



Nyx decided Discretion is the better part of valor. She took the target from Apple bloom and left. She walked down to the lake and set it up on a buoy on the lake. Then she set 30 seconds on the timer and started throwing Water balls. Then the time ran out she looked at her score.



“2250 points not bad.” Nyx hear from behind her. So she turned to see Celestia, Cadence and Luna.



Nyx ask. “What are you doing here?”



“Luna and I came here to pick up our target for the spherical Water training. But I don’t know why Cadance is here.”



Cadance said “Shining would be upset if he is left out of this game you made up.” Cadence smile “so I am here to get a Target for the Guards of course. They have to keep their magic sharp.”



“I see so that how you will work it” Celestia said.



Nyx looked confused “didn’t you come here to get a target for Uncle Shining?”



“I am getting one he could use but isn’t his. Shining would spend hours playing with it and call it training. But if I give it to the guards he can’t play with it all the time.” Cadence sigh “but in time he would want one of his own. And put it in his stallion cave.”



“He has a stallion cave?” Nyx laughed “did he get the idea from Shooting Star?”



Cadance deadpanned “he has one, and he spends most of his time there.” Then she waved her hoof in the air “curse you Shooting Star.”



“Ok then, now we need to set the rule of this Training; Like how far will the target will be place from the pony training and how much time on the clock.” Celestia said



“I think how she have it set is fine, that is about 15 yards away. And let have the time at 30 seconds and 1 minute.” Luna said.



“That sounds good. Ok all we need now is our targets.” Celestia said.



“I am sure Apple Bloom is about done with them.” Nyx said.



“That is if she is done yelling at the royal engineers.” Luna said “when we left there she was telling them how useless they are.”



“Sadly it is true; they haven’t learned any techniques from the Crystal Empire. So they couldn’t put together the plans that Apple bloom sent.” Celestia said.



Nyx smiled “it is not much of a surprise, since Apple bloom got her cutie mark she been studying all types of crystal technology. She even ordered book from the Crystal Empire. When the crystal ponies came to install the new crystal communication network Apple bloom asked them all sort of questions.”



“I heard about it from those ponies when they reported back.” Cadence said. “They were impressed by her.”



“No surprises here it is her special talent” Nyx commented.



Apple Bloom walked up with four stallions behind her. “Princesses they are done. And I think these stallions learn that they should study the techniques from the Crystal Empire.”



One said while avoiding eye contact “yes we’ll study them.”



“Good, I can’t wait to beat Luna at this game.” Celestia smiled then open a portal to Canterlot. “Shall we go back now.” The engineers and the princesses walk through leaving Nyx and Apple Bloom alone.



“Apple Bloom, what are you going to do now?”



“I am going to the mess hall, it is Dinner time.”



“Good, I am starving. Let go.” Then Nyx and Apple bloom ran to the mess hall. They dish up their food and sat at their normal table with their friends; Sweetie Belle, Babs Seed, Pip, Cloud Dancer, Rainbow Dash, bright eyes, and Pinkie Pie, Silken Glove and Orange Marmalade joined them.



“Nyx, today I got a letter from Rarity, and she said Apple flambé is doing so well that she has to wait three days for a reservation there. There are ponies in Canterlot that have to wait a week for a reservation.” Sweetie Belle said.



“Good for cousin Apple Flambé, he deserve it.” Apple Bloom said



Silken Glove looked shocked “isn’t that the place that four princesses had lunch at?”



Nyx answered “yes, but that isn’t all that was sitting there that day. Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, Apple bloom, our Friend Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were also the there.”



“I remember that.” Rainbow said “that was when Cadence told us that was pregnant. I wonder how she is doing.”



“She is doing fine. I saw her just before we came here.”



“Why was she here Nyxie?”



Nyx told them about the training that she made up.



“Isn’t that lying?” Orange Marmalade said.



“No, it is a real training technique. My uncle taught me it.” Nyx explained “I just made it so you can rate your skill at it.”



“But you told Sunset Punch that it was an Alicorn Training Technique.” Marmalade said.



“I am an Alicorn and I use it. So it is an Alicorn Training Technique.” Nyx said “and water has been used for training magic since Celestia was young. Who says that Celestia and Luna didn’t do training in a similar way when they were young?”



“Marmalade, just drop it. Nyx is far smarter than you. And she didn’t do it to lie she did it to help Silken Glove.” Babs said “You are only a filly earth pony. She is an Alicorn princess.”



“She still didn’t tell Sunset Punch everything.” Marmalade said.



“She didn’t need to she got a letter from Celestia.” Sunset Punch walked up. “I now see why Luna put you five in charge of the camp. Luna told me that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are the only Ponies that could keep Nyx and her friends in line.”



“I don’t think that we need to be kept in line. I think it is best to point them in the right direction and see what comes of it.” Rainbow Dash said.



“What bothers me the most now is that Nyx outclass me in magic. She galloped on water like it is solid ground. I couldn’t even stand on water.” Sunset Punch said “After the water fight she could eat normally and I had a hard time. And she made her mane flow like Celestia’s and Luna’s mane. I could never do that.”



“That’s because Nyxie train super duper hard with Shooting Star and Twilight.” Pinkie explained.



“She even got an interview with ponies from Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns.” Sweetie Belle Said.



“Sorry Sweetie Belle, it wasn’t an interview, they were testing me to see if I could put Celestia and Luna under mind control.” Nyx said sadly “They found out that I couldn’t. And I got a letter from them today telling me that they are giving me a master degree in Advance Magic Studies.”



Sunset Punch ran away after saying “that’s not fair.”



They look at each other and went back to talking. The rest of the night was like anyone except Sunset Punch didn’t show up for the nightly staff meeting. Which didn’t bother any pony she has became a pebble everypony's shoe. After the meeting they went to their rooms and went to bed. Right before going to bed Nyx wrote her mother.



Hi Mom,

Camp is going will. We have decided on a play for the end of the month. We are going to do Reunion of the Royal Pony Sisters. So could you talk to Cheerilee and get the scripts and costumes from her. There isn’t much that you don’t know about today. You know about the training and the degree already. Reading time is going well. I don’t know what else to write so I will call it a night

Good Night mom.

Nyx



Nyx fold up the letter and sent it. Then went to bed.