• Published 26th Dec 2013
  • 2,270 Views, 21 Comments

Nyx and the Summer Camp - Tebbzy7



Nyx and her friends went to a camp for the summer

  • ...
8
 21
 2,270

Chapter 3: luna's Tour

The sun was high in the sky In Canterlot and the sweet sound a young ponies play was everywhere. The Everfree ponies arrived at Canterlot Castle court yard and have left their carts in the watchful eyes of the Royal guards. And they were lead to Luna’s study. The Royal Guard at the door knocked on the Study doors. Then they heard “come in” from the other side of the door. The guard opened the door to find Luna on a cushion with her reading glasses on looking through some folders.



“Hello my friends have a seat.” Luna levitated Cushions over for the other ponies. After they all sat down “I have some papers for you to look over.” Luna levitated folders to the adult ponies. “Would you read these over as I talk to my young friends over there?” Luna pointed at Nyx, Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom.



They all nodded and went to work.



“Ok fillies, I would like you to take care of our youngest ponies. This is their first year at camp and they will be scared.” Luna said “they will miss their families. Will I be able to trust you to handle this?” The way Luna talked to them isn’t the way she usually talked to them. She usually talked to them as children, but right then she talked to them in the tone she talked to her guards.



Nyx remembered her time as nightmare moon, and she knew all too well what this means. “Luna, you can count on us.”



Luna smiled the smile of a pony that heard exactly what she wanted to hear. Then she looked at the adult ponies. “Do you have any questions?”



Rainbow said “one of the rules say you shouldn’t bring junk food. But it isn’t summer camp without junk food.”



Luna smiled “that Rule is there to be bent. Parents don’t want to see their young ones eating only junk food at camp. ” Luna gave a evil smile “And I didn’t say you can’t I said you shouldn’t. We allow them to have it, but if they misuse the right we will take it away.”



Rainbow smile “that is good to know.”



Luna looked over at Pinkie which was writing something down in her folder. “Pinkie, you are quiet do you have any questions.”



“Only could I see the full files of every pony that is coming to the camp.” Pinkie said



“Of course, they are in the boxes over there” Luna pointed at some boxes in the corner “but you can look at them at the camp.”



“Okey dokey loki.”


“Nurse’s Corner, I hope you don’t mind being the camp nurse.” Luna said



Nurse’s Corner smiled “no not at all, I am a licensed Nurse after all.”



“Wait if you are a nurse why are you my maid?” Nyx asked



“Because I am a maid and a Nurse. I wanted to know how to heal the wounds of Royal Family while I served them as a maid.”



Luna stood up and said “we should get to the camp. I want to show you around before I have to raise the moon.”



“Alright Princess” Rainbow said.



Then Luna walked over to the Boxes and levitated some of them “could you get the rest of the boxes and follow me.”



The Ponies grabbed a box each and follow Luna to the court yard where their carts waited for them. The ponies put the boxes in the carts and hitched up themselves. Then Luna braced herself and lit her horn. A magic vortex appeared and slowly formed into a portal. Luna waved the ponies through and closed it behind them.



The Camp was in a very scenic wooded part of Equestria. They stood by a small dock that had some paddle boats tied to it. The lake was crystal clear and looked refreshing. As they look a little farther down the lake shore they could see a large tree that has a rope swing that looked perfect to swing into the Lake. Nyx saw a fish jumped out of the water which made her smile. Luna started to walked up a stone path into the main part of the camp. As then walked up the path they saw each cabin looked like small castles with four little the towers; one on each corner. When they got to the office they dropped off their carts. Then Luna started her tour of the camp.



“Here is the art and craft building.” It was a very neat and large room with tables and shelves full of bins. Each bin is labeled. Luna walked on. “Mess hall is there.” It doesn’t look like a mess hall. It looked more like Nyx’s dining Hall back home. The room had large wooden tables with finely made chairs. On one side of the room there was an empty salad bar. And a door that went into a restaurant style kitchen. “Over there is the Hove ball field,” Luna said “And over there is where the canoes are.” She walked on “there are our hiking trails, and there is the basketball court is there. And last here is the volleyball court.”



Luna turned “now that the tour is done who is up for a swim?”



The ponies were surprised when pinkie said “you guys go ahead, I will go over the files for the Campers.”



“This isn’t like you Pinkie. What is up?” Rainbow asked



Pinkie smiled “I just want to make sure I know who the campers are, so I can make sure they have a super duper fun time.” And pinkie bounced off.



They started to walk down the path to the lake when they ran into a gray pony with beret on her head and a saddlebag full of food.



“Good day Crème Brulee.” Luna said “everypony this is the camp's chef Crème Brulee.”



Nyx walked up to her “I have one Question for you. Are you going to make our meals into an art project?”



Crème Brulee smiled “don’t worry little princess, I think food should look good but I want the taste of my food to be what you remember not the looks.”



“I think we will get along.” Nyx said.



“That is good to hear, but if you excuse me I have dinner to prepare.” And she walked off.



They made their way to the lake and spent the next four hours at the lake. Then Luna went back to Canterlot and the camp ponies went back to the office.



At the office Pinkie got the office in order. All the files are in the filing cadnet. And with the help of another pony she have divided the campers in to cabins and put a pony in charge of each cabin. When Rainbow’s group walked in they find a folder with each of their names on it.



Pinkie saw them come in “hi guys, ok I made up folder for all of us. I gave all the sporty fillies to Rainbow. Quick lancer you have all the colts. Sunset Punch and I divided the rest among us. Nyx and Sweetie Belle will all take care of the young fillies, and Apple bloom you have the young colts.”



Sunset punch asked “why is there a double smiley face on the file for a Babes Seed?”



“Babes will be coming here?” Apple bloom asked.



“Looks that way” Rainbow said “ok let’s put our gear in our rooms and get settled.”



The camp counselor’s rooms were in the second floor of the office. Nyx, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle shared a room. It was large with a balcony that overlooked the camp.



Nyx was on the balcony when the dinner Bell rang. Apple Bloom yelled “race ya to the Mess hall.”



Nyx smiled and open her wings and glide to the Mess Hall. When the other two Fillies got there they said she cheated. She just smiled and got her food which was a rich Irish vegetable stew and bread. It isn’t what you would get at the Castle but it was good hearty food and it was filling.



“Sweetie Belle, I always heard Camp food was bad, but this is pretty good.”



“Yeah, I wonder what type of ponies will be in our cabins.”



Rainbow Dash looked up from her food “I’m sure they wouldn’t be any different than Ponies from Everfree.”



Sunset Punch asked “so you are from Everfree, what have you heard about the royal family there?”



Apple Bloom asked “what do ya mean?”



“I heard that the Royal family there is uncouth and have bad matters.”



Rainbow Dash said “watch yourself you’re talking about my friends there.”



Nyx calm rainbow down “Rainbow she knows nothing, I will tell you about the royal family.”



“How would a little filly know anything about the Royal family?”



Sweetie Belle smiled “because she is Princess Nyx, her mother is Princess Twilight Sparkle.”



Sunset punch get excited. “I have a princess working under me.”



Apple bloom said “no she is working under Rainbow Dash and Pinkie. Luna put them in control of the camp. You are like us under them.”



“But I had been here longer than any of you. This is my third years.”



Crème Brulee walked up “I been here since the first year, and I think it is a good idea for them to lead us. They are the bearers of the Elements of harmony. ”



“You know who they are?” Sweetie Belle asked.



“Yes, and also I know your two sisters are also a Bearers and your mom.”



Sunset Punch said “that doesn’t tell me they have what it takes to run a camp.”



“Ok, Rainbow Dash what do you do for a job?”



“I am the lead pony of the Everfree weather team and I am a wonderbolt.”



“Pinkie, how about you?”



“I work at a bakery and I am a party planner.”



“Even those Fillies have done more to prove themselves. They spearheaded the big event yesterday. There isn’t a single pony here that is less qualified than you to run this camp.”



Nyx asked “you know about us?”



“Of course I know about you. Do you know how many fillies can walk into the throne room of Canterlot castle uninvited? Only you three, and all the happen to you was a lunch invitation by Celestia and Luna.” Crème Brulee smiled.



“I still think I am more qualified than some fillies.” Sunset punch sulked.



Crème Brulee was about to open her mouth when Nurses Corner stopped her “Crème Brulee, it isn’t worth it, let her have this one delusion. It won’t hurt anyone.”



Everypony finished eating and went to bed. They have a busy day tomorrow.