• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 1,056 Views, 9 Comments

Too Young - Swordoath



Spike gets tired of being told he's too young to do things, so he and his friends Quinn and Zack decide to pull a little prank involving a brew borrowed from Zecora. Unfortunately, the effects were... undesirable, to say the least.

  • ...
10
 9
 1,056

Last Ditch Efforts

Spike was first to awake. He heard somepony loudly pounding at the door. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he looked out the window to check who it was. It was a cream colored stallion, along with a pumpkin-maned mare, neither of which had cutie marks. The mare had two foals in baby-carrying packs on either side of her, which Spike recognized as the very young cakes.

"Hi. Pumpkin and Pound Cake, right?" He slurred drowsily.

"Where's Zack?" Said Pound Cake, pushing past Spike with his sister. "There's serious trouble going on."

"Whoa, whoa, what's up?" Spike said, snapping to attention.

"Changelings," Said Pumpkin Cake, bounding gently to keep the foals happy. It would've been cute, if not for the circumstances. "There must be nearly a hundred on their way through town right now. Most ponies locked themselves and their parents, er, children up in their houses, so they should be safe. For now."

Spike blinked, absorbing this. "Changelings? Now?"

"Yes, now!" Pound Cake affirmed.

Spike made a short dash for the boy's room, but stopped short when Quinn burst out, followed by Zack, who was wearing hockey gear as armor, swinging his metal hockey stick like a bow-staff. Zack ran out the door, while Quinn set about scanning the biology section.

"What are you-" Pound Cake started.

"Looking for a textbook on Changeling anatomy. Spike, go wake the Girls. We're going to need all the hands, hooves, and claws we have to defend ourselves." Quinn commanded, Spike obeying.

There was a brief moment of silence as he scanned the shelves.

"Excuse me, but-" Pumpkin Cake began.

"Not now." Quinn pulled down a book and began flipping through it's pages.

"But I-"

"I said not now!"

The foals awoke and began to cry. Pumpkin Cake began doing her best to comfort them. From behind Quinn, the Cutie Mark Crusaders descended, having been tending to the foals all night. Each carried two baby ponies, none of which seemed to be comprehending what was happening around them. They gave little indication of speech, other than meaningless giggles and coos. When set on the floor, Twilight plopped down on her bottom, which was now diapered, and looked about. The others began to crawl around and explore the new environment. AppleJack discovered her hat on the floor and covered herself in it. Rarity was chewing on Spike's scale like she was teething. Fluttershy and Pinkie both started gabbing and giggling as if they were talking. Rainbow Promptly began floating in the air with her tiny wings, and up onto the table,where she could look down on the others.

"I was going to say I'd like to help, but now that's out of the question!" Huffed Pumpkin Cake.

Quinn sighed. "My apologies. I just needed to concentrate on locating weak points in Changeling bodies. Zack is out scouting. I really do appreciate you coming all this way to warn us."

"Oh, I didn't come all this way just for that. We heard the princess was here, and it is our duty to defend her."

"Twilight's brother would like you." Zack Said, walking back in. "There was about seventy or so last I checked, but more might be in hiding. Wait, since when did the girls need diapers?"

"No time for that. We must reverse this immediately. Were's Celes-"

"I'm right here!" Said the princess cheerfully, exploding out from beneath the covers on the couch, much to the foal's enjoyment. "Whoa, when did they get so little?"

"Celestia, I need your help with a very important project. Follow me." Quinn headed back into his shared room, the little one following. "I'm going to make one last attempt at an antidote. Do not interrupt unless its an absolute emergency. Understood?"

There was a collective, unanimous nod from the adults.

"Good. Zack, Spike, keep things in order." Quinn closed the door.

"Now what?" Zack asked, to everyone's surprise.

Spike spoke up. "We defend the treehouse until Quinn can fix the Princess. She can banish the Changelings, and then we can fix everypony else. Pumpkin and Sweetie, watch the girls until we need you. Zack, you remember where Pinkie left her cannon at the sleepover? Grab it. Pound cake, Scootaloo, Run aerial reconnaissance to keep us updated on the Changeling's position and numbers. Use clouds to stay hidden. Apple Bloom, help me barricade the doors and windows." He looked around the room at the slack-jawed ponies and the slowly nodding Human. "Well? What are you waiting for? Go!"