• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 2,168 Views, 52 Comments

Cold Days with Stars & Diamonds - SteelyThePally



John's life had just turned upside down after two peculiar girls knock on his door during a brutal blizzard.

  • ...
5
 52
 2,168

Strangers In The Blizzard

Anchorage, Alaska, 7:24 p.m.

Finally, some vacation! After all that shitload in the grocery store, I deserve some rest. I got robbed three times in the same week, excluding the not-so friendly costumers. And right on time. Winter has just began, and temperature's been dropping like hell those days. Thankfully, this house has a cozy fireplace that incredibly warms it up, so I don't need to worry. And I've got many heaters scattered around, so I won't freeze during this Antarctica-like winter. God may have heard my prayers... At least I'm not that depressed...

I now leave my hot bath, quickly drying my body with my towel. The steam coming from the bathtub now keeps the bathroom warm. After drying my body, I quickly run to my room and dress in my pajamas. Suddenly, a good sensation floods my heart, and I just wrap myself in my blanket, and lazily rest in my bed.

I turn my Xbox on, and decide to play some Skyrim. 'I need to get that damned Ebony Armor' A quick thought passes through my head as I remember getting killed by a elder dragon. As the game loads, I turn my stare to a picture of my dad and my uncle. They took that picture while on an aircraft carrier. They were both from the VF-103, the 'Jolly Rogers'. They fought in the Afghanistan. Downed many helicopters, and played a big role during close air support missions. Pretty good pilots, those two. Man, I'll never forget the day when the news showed two jets being shot down by a goddamned SAM. I sat all night crying... "Dad, I miss you so much..." I mutter to myself, holding the small frame in my gloved hands. My eye's water as I remember every good moment that I had with them. Before I could cry a river, I wipe the tears that dripped from my cheeks, and I put the frame back on the shelf were it belonged to.

Then, my eyes turns to the frozen window. My emotions go away as I stare at the beautiful night sky, snow dropping peacefully from the clouds. I gaze at the amazing scenery for minutes, eventually zoning out. My gaze was only broken when a blizzard started to ravage the outside, blocking my view. This made me return to my gameplay of Skyrim, the game already on the main menu. I find my save and continue my epic quest as Dragonborn.

One hour later...

"Ah, my Ebony Armor has been crafted! Now, I can kill those legendary dragons!" I state to myself, a wide grin on my face as I switch to 3rd person view, looking amazed at the midnight black armor set. Skyrim's the only game that can help me get out of a bad mood, aside from Fallout. As my Nord left Whiterun to search for some enemies to kill, my hunger starts to attack my poor stomach. I feel a bit disappointed, but I was starving at that point. I pause the game and slowly make my way to the kitchen. Calmly going downstairs, I shift my eyes at the numerous pictures on the wall, most of them showing me with my grandma. Poor granny Abigail... she's so sick now. But she's someone that won't leave my heart. After all, she lend me most of the money to me, so I could buy this house. I wish I could return the favor one day...

At the kitchen, I cook the delicious beef that I bought at the supermarket with experience. I am no chef, but this beef... it's completely delicious. After cooking my meal, I sit on my chair and enjoy my well-cooked dinner. While I eat, my mind focuses on everything that I can do during this vacation. Maybe I'll try to nail some new tricks with my snowboard. And climb Mt. Denali, and train to climb Everest, and who knows if I get famous? Well, snow biking wouldn't hurt anyone, but, considering the recent snowstorms, riding a bike is as difficult as piloting a jet without wings.

I let a sigh escape my lips as I relax in the comfy chair, trying to take a quick nap. Suddenly, I remember that I need to wash the dishes. I groan in annoyance, grabbing both my plate and drinking glass. As if washing the dishes wasn't enough, then imagine washing them during a cold-ass climate. Taking my gloves off, I turn the tap on, freezing water coming from it. Leaving the dirty plate together with the glass, I just rotate the tap to give it a nice and fast wash.

After that, I sat at the living room, warming my hands at the fireplace. I roll my eyes at the room, staring proudly at my miniature aircraft collection: F-14s,F-15s, F-16s,F-18s, a F-22 Raptor, Nearly all of the 'Sukhoi' russian fighters, MIg's 21, 23 and 29, including some WW2-era planes like the P-51 Mustang, Mitsubishi 'Zeros', Spitfires, a PBY Catalina, and even the first jet, the legendary ME-262. I sigh, all of my worries getting away.

Warming myself again, I return to my gameplay of Skyrim. But, when I finally find a comfortable position to play, I hear someone knocking at my door. I pause the game again, and look weirdly at the window, witnessing the brutal blizzard that ravaged the outside.

"Who would knock at my door during this snowstorm? Maybe my neighbor, giving me a welcoming gift or something. He maybe dressed as an astronaut, to handle this cold." I say to myself, slowly getting up from by bed. As I go down the stairs, they knock again. "Patience! I'm coming!"

Unlocking the door, the freezing wind that was blowing outside meets my body. I glance down to see the weirdest sight in all of my life: two snow-covered girls, dressed only with their underwear, shaking with the overwhelming cold. My face then burns with a deep blush.

"Please, help us..." One of them say, while I try to process the situation in my mind. Putting my hand on their shoulders, I guide them inside my house. They were freezing, ice covering their whole bodies. Now, my mind raced to ask this question: 'What the fuck is happening?'

One of them raised her head, looking at my fireplace. Stumbling, she launched herself to the ground, warming herself, a strange smile appearing in her frozen face. The other girl did the same, lifting both hands to warm them, leaving me clueless and staring at the awkward moment. A weird will to help them grows in my heart, and I go upstairs to bring them some blankets. While removing mine and taking another one from my cabinet, I ponder on the recent events:
'Okay so, now I let two half-naked girls inside my house, without even knowing them... C'mon John! You're going to help them! Since you was a kid you liked to help people in need!'

Coming down the stairs like a rocket and carrying two blankets, I glance at the two strangers. Their time warming themselves at my fireplace had melted the snow and ice in their hair and bodies. The one who asked for help had a perfectly combed purple hair, and well, her body was spetacular! Unconsciously, my eyes rolled to her hip, a weird tattoo on it, three diamonds. And the other was as beautiful as her friend, her hair being purple with a purple stripe on it. She had a tattoo too, a big star with 5 smaller ones circling it. Now, I thought that I let in my house two weirdos who dye their hair. Details aside, I notice that they formed a pool of water under them, letting my crimson-red mat soaking wet. I sighed annoyed at them, crouching right next to the one with the beautiful body.

"T-thanks f-for h-helping us, d-darling." She thanked me, her voice showing how much she was suffering with the cold. 'Jesus. I'll bring them some blankets. At least they aren't dead." I thought, and then darted myself to my bedroom.

At my bedroom, I turn my Xbox off, but instantly remembering that I haven't saved my game. But I put this petty worry aside, and take the blanket from my bed, and another from my closet, and launch myself like a rocket to cover them. Grateful smiles appear on their faces as I put the blankets over their bodies. This makes me feel like a good person, as they just wrapped themselves, sticking their hands towards the fireplace. I sit on my sofa and watch as the pair of girls slowly fall asleep.

30 minutes later...

I am getting a little worried. They haven't moved I muscle as I watched them sleeping. Also, I don't know how I managed to stare at two women wrapped in blankets for 30 minutes. Their faces were pale, making me worry even more. I then stand up, and nudge them, their eyes opening slowly, laziness clear on their expressions.

"Uhn, are you two feeling better?" I ask, the one that thanked me replying.

"Yes, darling. I am feeling a lot more warmer. Thanks again. Should I ask your name?" She then yawned adorably, my cheeks burning as I controlled myself not to let out a long 'Awwwn'. I then calmly answered:

"John Sullivan. And you are...?"

"Rarity Belle. And this is my friend Twilight Sparkle." She pointed at her friend, who smiled at me sheepishly. 'Whoa, those are weird names.' I thought, and looked at the burning wood that lightened the room with a cozy amber light. For a second, their faces showed clear paranoia as both girls looked at their bodies. Two loud gasps came from their mouths, and the one called 'Twilight' asked me, worried:

"Where are we? And what have you done to our bodies?" Okay, not knowing where you are after a cold-ass blizzard is normal. But asking what I have done to their bodies was completely... awkward. Thoughts aside, I replied:

"Calm down. You're in my house. Anchorage, Alaska, to be more specific. And I haven't done anything to your bodies!"

"Alaska? Anchorage? Where is this-" She was interrupted by Rarity, who put her hand on Twilight's mouth.

"What my friend here is trying to say is that we were ponies moments ago. Also, what are you?" Rarity asked, drowning myself in the weirdness of the situation.

"I'm a human, just like you two. And, you said that you were ponies? Are you sure of this?" She nodded, bugging me completely.

"Humans? Twilight told me about your race. Very nice to make your acquaintance." She was totally calm, considering her panicking friend. I then tried to escape from the subject that we were about to discuss:

"You two look hungry. Let's go to the kitchen, so I can feed you two." They followed me, still wrapped in the blankets, Rarity still covering her friend's mouth.

I walked calmly through my house, every step that I took making a familiar creak. While this sound could be annoying to many, it was relaxing to me. At the kitchen, Rarity and Twilight stood near the table, Twilight's voice being muffled by her friend's hand. I chuckle silently and open the cabinet to find average quantities of snacks and beverage. I find my cookie jar, and leave it on my small table's surface. The girls were reluctant to sit, obvious due to being in a stranger's house.

"Hey, you guys can sit. I'm going to make some hot chocolate, so, relax." My words made them sit, Rarity finally taking her hand off Twilight's mouth, the girl breathing heavily. They stared at each other for seconds, and then giggled innocently, turning their stares to me. I turn my back on them, concentrated on the hot chocolate. I then ask them:

"So, where are you guys from?"

"Equestria." This word made me look at Twilight in confusion, but she cut me off before I could say something. "Okay, I'll explain everything." She clears her throat and started to tell me the story:

"Equestria is a magical land, ruled by ponies and many other races, like zebras, dragons, griffins and so many others." She takes a pause, and the only thing that I do is stare at her with confusion, my eyes showing how much I thought that they were suspicious. I take a long sip from my hot chocolate while Twilight continues her story "Equestria is ruled by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, who, respectively, raise the sun and the moon." Her statement nearly made me spit the hot liquid out, both girls staring at me weirdly. I choked slightly with the hot chocolate, and after many coughs, I signaled Twilight to continue. "There are three kinds of ponies: earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns. Me and Rarity were unicorns. Our friends, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, are pegasus. Pinkie Pie and Applejack are earth ponies. And together, we are the Elements of Harmony!" She ended her explanation increasing her voice tone.

I glance at Twilight, trying to process what she had just told me about.

"Okay, let me see if I got this right. You told me that you two came from a magical land, ruled by ponies and other mythical creatures, and that you guys were the 'Elements of Harmony'?" They nod positively at me. I control my wish of laughing my ass off. What they just told me was completely hard to swallow. But there was some things that made it true: she said that with incredible seriousness, their hair colors, and the use of 'everypony', 'somepony' and 'anypony'. Or the word 'pony' itself. But other thing that passed through my head was that they were into drugs.

My expression shows how much I was confused. Now, I pondered at the new challenge that life has thrown against me. I couldn't just dump them at the street. They wouldn't know how to survive here. After everything that Twilight said me, I saw that such innocence wasn't going to survive a minute, considering the quantity of assholes and pervs out there.

"Look, I'm going to take care of you two. So, my bedroom is 'yours'. I'll sleep in the couch. Don't worry." This made them look at me with happiness, my eyes staring at them suspiciously.

"Thank you again, John. Are you sure about your bedroom? It's your house, you should sleep..." I cut Twilight immediately:

"No, I'm okay." I look at the clock: 11:00 p.m. "Well, look at the time. Rarity and Twilight, go to sleep. You two look tired." They stood up, and gone upstairs. Suddenly, Rarity called me:

"John, is there anything that we can use to brush our teeth?" Well, this is another problem. I enter the bathroom, and open the cabinet to find my reserve toothbrush. "Any problem with... sharing the same toothbrush?" I ask, Rarity's expression showing disgust. I could understand this reaction. Sharing the same is, weird. She shrugged, and I collected my toothbrush, getting downstairs to brush my teeth at the kitchen's sink. It may sound strange, but in the current situation...

After turning off the freezing water, I went upstairs and grabbed the last blanket, way more thin than the one which Rarity and Twi were using. They were still standing on my room, something that made me ask:

"Hey, what are you two waiting for? Just lay on the bed and sleep!" Rarity nearly jumped on my bed, a loud 'creak' sound being heard. Twilight sighed and looked at me:

"Not being rude here, but do you expect me to sleep on the floor?" She got a point on that. I took the mattress that I kept under by bed off and placed it on the ground, leaving a pillow on it.

"Well, it's nothing special."

"Ah, I'm okay, Mr. Sullivan. Thank you for everything!" Twilight then rested her head on the pillow. I turned my back on them, and before I turned the lights off, I gave them a fatherly 'Good Night'. Going down the stairs with caution, I walked through the pitch-dark living room of my house. The fire had already died, leaving only some weak amber dots on the burnt wood. I laid on my couch, moving my body numerous times trying to get comfortable. I was able to hear some coughs and sneezing, completely obvious during to their exposure to that blizzard. After multiple turns, I find a comfortable position to sleep, as my mind focuses on the adventures that I would live with those girls in my house...

Author's Note:

Ummm... I've got nothing to say. Just that I'm waiting for some feedback.

Leave a comment, and point out any errors.

SteelPaladin