• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 656 Views, 5 Comments

The Lost Alicorn - Eclipse Lightning



A story of an alicorn, not found in the royal seats of Canterlot, nor of the Crystal Empire. One, sworn to help his friends, and keep them safe. No matter what.

  • ...
8
 5
 656

Chapter One

To say that the alicorn ponies are anything less than special is an understatement. They are nothing but special; filled with all the world's strengths. Nopony truly understands how they come to be... the Regal Sisters never reveal more than they intend.

Of the known alicorns, there are four- Princess Celestia; Princess Luna; Princess Cadence; and the recently crowned Princess Twilight Sparkle. Each one earned her title and rights as an alicorn. However, there is one that was born naturally, and holds no royal seat. Nor does he desire it; rather, he wishes to remain a loyal guardian to the Keepers of the Elements of Harmony.

His name, is Crescent Rose, or Crescent for short. He takes his name from his cutie mark – a red rose in a golden crescent moon – for he no longer remembers his original name. He does not wish to know either, for when one life ends, another must begin. He did just that.

You all know Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinky Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle holding the Elements of Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty and Magic respectively. What you don't know is another Element – called Strength – exists as well, though it's taken for granted. Its bearer was Crescent Rose. He just didn't know it yet.

It was in the Everfree Forest that Crescent Rose encountered the Mane Six. Rather, he encountered one of them: Fluttershy. She was searching for her chicken, Elizabeak. Again. She ran from her home and hid deep in the forest. Again.

Fluttershy followed as best she could, and finally spotted her in the forest. Just as she was about to go to Elizabeak to take her home again, creatures that called the forest home appeared. Timberwolves; hungry ones at that.

At the sight of them, Fluttershy screamed, grabbed Elizabeak and ran. Yes, she ran instead of using her wings. She said later that in her fear, she didn't think. But her screams were loud enough for Crescent Rose to hear near Zecora's hut. At the sound of it, he took off running before starting to fly.

Using a location spell to find the timberwolves, he soon spotted Fluttershy with Elizabeak. He soon grounded himself as close to Fluttershy as he could. Steadying himself, he got ready for the wolves, as they get their most vicious when hungry.

Author's Note:

I've had this idea for a while. Yes, I gave him a rose in his Cutie Mark. Just deal with it for now, OK? It's still rough, but don't worry, I'll have more later for you.