• Published 23rd Jan 2014
  • 458 Views, 12 Comments

The New Heralds of Harmony - Dusty Star



While taking a stroll, Owen finds a portal leading to Equestria and he falls into it, literally. As he tries to understand things, something bad happens and it seems that he, along with his brand new friends are the only ones who can stop it.

  • ...
9
 12
 458

Chapter 3: What Happened?

“SPIKE!” The purple pony yelled while writing furiously on a scroll. “Where’s my book about flying turtles?”

“Here!” The little violet dragon took a thick book from a shelf labeled Uncommon Animals. He’s pretty impressive, seeing that the whole house is full of books and he just took the book from one random shelf like it was saying out loud that it was there. It’s like he knew the house on the back of his hands, err, paws, uhm hands? Nevermind.

Applejack lead the way to Twilight’s house. By the time we got there I was left speechless. Her house is a treehouse. Twilight’s house is a humongous treehouse. Wait. Let me rephrase that. Twilight’s house is a Tree House. The house is a tree itself! HaHaHaaa! It’s got a telescope on a terrace and everything! Brilliant!

As soon as I got in I saw what was kind of like a library. Well, according to Applejack, it is a library, hehe. Anyway, The house was full of books. Books here, books there. Some were scattered all over the floor. Looks like somepony’s been busy here.

“Howdy, Twilight,” Applejack said as we entered the room.

“Hi Applejack,” she replied without taking her eyes off her scroll. But that didn’t stop her from noticing who she’s with. “Oh, it seems you’ve brought a newcomer.” She stood up from her book. “Hi, I’m Twilight Sparkle. This is Spike, my–“

“Her number one assistant!” Spike said, interrupting her short introduction.

“Thanks, Spike,” she said half-mad and half-tired.

“Hi, I’m Red Star. Nice to meet you.” I scratched my foreleg anxiously.

“Nice to meet you too.” She got back to her work, “As you can see, I am doing a research on flying turtles for Rainbow Dash.”

“How about I add that he’s from the human world?” Applejack said raising her eyebrows. Twilight stopped from her writing. Eyes widened, she stood up and asked, “Oh, well is he one of them?”

“I’m not sure yet.”

“Well let’s find out then.” Twilight headed towards a small shelf in between two large, blue shelves.

“Ugh… What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Oh you haven’t told him yet?” Twilight asked Applejack.

“We were going to ask you to do just that,” Applejack answered.

“Well then, have seat.” She went back to her place and started to tell the story. I sat on the floor uncomfortably as I sipped on the apple juice Spike prepared.

A year after my coronation as the new princess of Equestria, our scientists have found a way to use the mirror that leads to other worlds and use it to hop into other worlds at will. They have also formulated various spells to be able to transform ponies into humans and vice versa, at will.

But then, a very powerful force of evil has risen to conquer Canterlot and the rest of Equestria. Once again, Princess Celestia has called for the aid of the Elements of Harmony.

Hale, a fiendish pony with a dark purple mane was not a normal villain you would face every day, he has conquered many worlds with his lust for power. He possesses magic that can manipulate ponies’ memories, create powerful and almost-indestructible illusions and even create his own army of ponies he called the Teridians. These Teridians were mechanical ponies infused with organic parts of ponies that were given souls. An earth pony Teridian specializes in strength. A unicorn Teridian had more knowledge of other spells and slightly strengthened magic. A pegasi Teridian had strengthened flight and speed.

Now, he holds the Black Camellia, an odd, flower-shaped pendant that strengthens your own powers greatly, but brings tragic misfortune to the bearer, though he disregards the latter. He draws his power from the darkest nightmares of ponies – similar to how Chrysalis gets her power from the love of ponies.

Years ago, I have requested that a hundred fillies and colts be sent to the human world and be changed to human form so that they will be safe from harm. With the fillies and colts safe, we have defeated him and banished him deep into Tartaros, void of contact with anypony. With that, his . slowly became weak, forcing him to stay in the shadows.

Ten years later, our sources found out that he has broken out of his imprisonment to once again take an attempt in conquering Equestria. Unfortunately, we found out that he is stronger than ever and we do not know how he got back his powers.

As the citizens of Equestria found out about this grave news, they fell into a state of panic. In an attempt to calm them down, Princess Celestia announced that she has found a way to defeat him. A prophecy about six younger ponies, three mares and three stallions, who are capable of wielding the Elements of Harmony, in the stead of the original bearers not being able to wield it strong enough. After hearing the uplifting news, the citizens have finally calmed down and began wondering who might these mares and stallions be. She also added that three of these ponies are from another world, telling that they are one of the fillies and colts sent to the human world.

In a meeting with Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Princess Cadence, we discuss about how we will find the rightful ponies out of all the one hundred sent to the human world. I suggested that they send some volunteer ponies into the human world to find and observe the one hundred ponies and find the rightful ones described in the prophecy. Out of concern for the safety of Equestria, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy volunteered to be one of the ponies to find the chosen ones of the prophecy.