• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 4,863 Views, 107 Comments

What Doesn't Kill You - Excy



Spike attempts to take Rarity to dinner but declines. Spike then goes into a depression.

  • ...
23
 107
 4,863

Chapter 5

"Of course Spike. Is something wrong?" Fluttershy said nervously, feeling like she did something wrong.

"Well, it's about last night. When I got there, I ad everything I needed, plus roses and chocolate for her. It's just, when I asked her to dinner, she said she didn't want to go. I just feel like I did something wrong, 'Shy. What is it about me that made her say no? It's because I'm unnattractive and clingy. I just," his voice was starting to crack with every word. Tears were forming in his eyes.

"I j-just, do SO much f-for her! I work my scales everyday so she can just stab them with her pins?! I tried so hard to be perfect for her! I p-planned this out in my head for so long. I had bits put aside for this and everything! Whats wrong with me?" Spike was now a mess. Fluttershy was hugging him in her arms as she tried to comfort him as much as possible.

"It isn't fair! Why does she get me to be her pin cushion and USE ME like that?" He sat there with his head in his hands. "Whats wrong with me?"

"Spike, there is not a thing in the world wrong with you. You are the cutest, sweetest, nicest dragon I've ever had the pleasure to meet."

"Th-then why is she so mean?! W-Why did she use me?" Spike yelled back, stuttering.

"I don't know. I honestly never expected Rarity to do this..." Fluttershy said, looking downward. She seemed like she was hiding something.

Was she hiding something something?

"Fluttershy, are you hiding something?"

"She came back to reality.

"Oh! Umm... yes of course! I-I mean, n-no. No I am not. I'm not hiding anything." Clearly lying.

Spike sighed.

"Okay I am. Spike, don't react when I tell you." Fluttershy said nervously.

"Okay. Wh-"

"Rarity is dating someone!" Fluttershy spit out rather quickly.

"Wha-what? B-but... Fancy.. she...l-led me on. She led me on." Spike was in complete shock. Knce he realized what just happened, he met reality.

"Rarity led me on. How could she? I thought she cared, too." Spike said, looking rather disappointed.

"Spike, I'm so sorry. I know how it fe-"

"No you don't! You have no idea whatsoever! Don't you dare act like you d-"

"Spike. I do."

Spike, baffled, fell to the floor and just bawled. He let loose. For a minute, he thought he had never cried this hard, but then he remembered that night. Then, it hit him. The yelling, the arguing, the shufflinfg and doors shutting. That wasn't a customer.

That wasn't a customer.

"Th-that. Wasn't a cu-customer. That wasn't a customer. That was him. That night, he was there. He didn't want tk go public. He yelled at her. She lied to me. How could she?" Spike was out of words. He started crying again.

"Spike, I'm sorry. If anything, you're perfect. Rarity can't see it because she's so blinded by money. Rarity is missing out on so much. You're perfect Spike." She looked out the window. "Why don't you stay here for the night? I'm not gonna make you walk out in this darkness." Fluttershy offered.

"Thanks Flutters." Wiping a tear. "Um.. I hope you don't mind, can I sleep with you in your bed tonight? I get kinda lonely."

"Absolutely Spike, I don't mind at all." Spike hugged Fluttershy, which made Fluttershy overjoyed.

They showered and went to bed. Spike couldn't sleep. He kept thinking about everyhing. Fancy Pants. The customer who couldn't be seen in public. This angered Spike. She was dating some stuck-up, rich, Canterlot colt and just used Spike for assistance. She didn't need Spike. She could just throw him away at any minute when he became useless. She didn't love Spike. She didn't even like Spike. He couldn't take anymore. He wanted to end himself. He felt so useless. He felt like his life wasn't important.

He got up from the bed, careful not to wake Fluttershy. He mad his way to the bathroom. He removed the razor from his pocket. Cutting was now routine. He had no feeling from it, just happiness. Yet, he felt like nothing.

"Why do I even bother?"

GRAPHIC STUFF AGAIN

He ran the blade down his wrist. He kept going. This was a long one. He continued crying.

"Why use me? I thought you cared. I gave you everything. what more could you want, you stingy bitch!" He was getting loud, but fortunately finished before he would start yelling.

Unfortunately, Fluttershy watched from the doorway, silently crying.

"S-Spike?"

"Oh Celestia,Fluttershy. I'm sorry you had to see that! Please don't tell anyone! Please, can you keep this between us?"

"Spike, this is unhealthy! Please don't do this to yourself. I won't say anything if you stop. And I will check daily if that's what it's gonna take."

"Thank you so much Flutters." He hugged her, but she didn't want it. She was so upset at Spike. How could he do something like this to himself?

As they went back to bed, she kissed his forehead. He smiled.

"Why Spike?"

Author's Note:

This is done. Now, Christmas is coming up, so my schedule might be effected. My blog post will have the schedule, so if you are interested, check it out. Later guys!