• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 491 Views, 2 Comments

The Sky is Always Green in Cloudsdale - Basmati



When Skylar and Rainbow arrive in Cloudsdale, RD's dreams come true while Sky is hated.

  • ...
 2
 491

Chapter 4

"So, where would Skylar like to go next?" Rainbow asked, while hovering above the bed that Skylar was curled up on.

"You really want to go anywhere, after what we just encountered?" Skylar said, looking up at the rainbow maned pegasus in surprise.

"I know it seems bad, but if I get out there and show my face a few times, eventually people will get tired of it," Rainbow landed next to the bed. "Also, I promised you that I would show you the sights of Cloudsdale, and Rainbow Dash does not break her promises!"

Skylar looked at the pegasus mare smiling at her. What she would have given just to hang around with her when she was back in her old world. But now that she was here, she didn't want to? Of course, that wasn't down to her - it down to those pegasi stallions. If they didn't want Skylar around Rainbow, they would make sure that she wasn't around Rainbow.

Then Skylar realised what she was saying. Was she really going to let some good-for-nothing stallions run her life? Those stallions knew nothing about her, and she knew nothing about them. There were insignificant in her life, and they should stay that way.

I am NOT going to let some...losers tell me how to live, she thought.

"Why don't you choose?" Skylar said, getting out of bed and smiling at Rainbow.

***

"I remember growing up here, and thinking that when I was older I would be the best flyer in Equestria and everypony would know my name," Rainbow said. The two pegasi mares were flying towards the centre of Cloudsdale, hoping to get some fun out of the end of a not-so-good day.

"Well, that's obvious. I know that Adara has always dreamed of being a famous musician," Skylar replied, remembering her unicorn friend from back home.

"But now, I don't really want fame. After the Mysterious Mare Do Well incident, I learnt my lesson - fame does terrible things to me."

Skylar looked at the rainbow maned mare flying next to her. It was starting to get dark, but she could still make out Rainbow's face, and see the two tears falling down her cheeks.

Adara had always told her about the kind of fame she wanted - she wanted to be known, but not obsessed over. She didn't want flocks of paparazi following her and documenting her every move. She wanted people to like her, wanted some people to see her in the street and say, "Hey, that's Adara!" But that's it.

Skylar had never really wanted vast amounts of fame - sure, the odd fan would be quite nice, but it was always Adara who was the big dreamer. Not that Skylar didn't have dreams - she had dreams, and they were big, but they were things like get into government and become Prime Minister. Not become an A-list celebrity.

"Rainbow."

They stopped. Rainbow turned towards the green pegasus she had grown quite close to.

"You are Rainbow Dash." Skylar just let the words come from her heart. "You are the best flyer I know. You are the Element of Loyality, and helped defeat both Nightmare Moon and Discord. You are one of a kind."

"Yeah, but-"

"Fame doesn't do terrible things to you. When you were Ponyville's resident hero, you took the fame the wrong way. You wanted more, and didn't take it graciously. But you've learnt your lesson - you said so yourself. You know how to handle fame now, so you won't make the same mistakes." She smiled at the cyan mare, and got a smile in return.

"Thanks." Rainbow gave her hug. And they flew into the twilight together.