• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 491 Views, 2 Comments

The Sky is Always Green in Cloudsdale - Basmati



When Skylar and Rainbow arrive in Cloudsdale, RD's dreams come true while Sky is hated.

  • ...
 2
 491

Chapter 1

Author's Note: Sup. Mata here. You may want to go back and read the stories before this if you haven't already, as you may not understand everything in this story otherwise. I just don't want you to be confused. :) There are only two stories before this one, so it's not that much reading.
First: The New Journey
Second: Starting Off


Cloudsdale - home of pegasi. Almost every pegasi in Equestria were taught how to fly properly in Cloudsdale. Rainbow Dash sighed - Cloudsdale always brought back memories for her. This was where she earned her cutie mark after all, when she broke history and performed the legendary Sonic Rainboom. Then, she did it again, a few years ago, trying to save Rarity and the Wonderbolts. That day she won the Best Young Flier Competion and got to hang out with the Wonderbolts.

She hadn't visited Cloudsdale since that day - she just never had an opportunity to go again. She had been so busy down in Ponyville, but when she did have an opportunity, she didn't really want to go.

But now, she was going, and with Skylar - the pegasus who was new to Ponyville. She had arrived in Ponyville two days ago, with seven friends, who were all staying with friends of Rainbow's. This pegasus was different to the other ponies though - she was from a different world.

"Rainbow?" she heard Skylar shout behind her. Rainbow stopped and hovered in midair, as Skylar caught up with her.

"What's up?" she asked.

"How far away are we?" the green pegasus asked, slightly out of breath.

Rainbow Dash looked around, then pointed to a giant cloud in the distance. "It's there."

Skylar looked. From this distance, she could see blobs of colour flying around it. She gasped, smiled then sped off in that direction, leaving a green blur.

"Hey! Wait up!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, speeding off after her.

Even with Skylar's headstart, Rainbow easily overtook her. She landed in the middle of Cloudsdale square, and waited for Skylar to land next to her.

"Well done," the rainbow maned mare said, once Skylar had landed next to her. "It takes a lot for ponies to be able to keep up with me - and you only learnt how to fly yesterday."

Skylar smiled. "Thanks," she said, while the thought 'Oh my God! Rainbow Dash just complemented me!' went around her head.

They started walking through the town, with Rainbow pointing out the sights of Cloudsdale. As they walked Skylar noticed something. The farther they walked into the town, the more looks they were recieving. The green pegasus wasn't sure what the reason for this was - it could've been because she had never been seen before, or because Rainbow Dash was so well known.

"Err...Rainbow?" Skylar finally spoke up.

"Hey! Rainbow!" a voice behind them said. They turned around to find 3 stallions flying towards them.

"Oh, hey guys," Rainbow replied, looking bored.

"How's it going, Rainbow Cr-Dash?" a brown stallion with a dumb-bell for a cutie mark asked her.

"Good."

"Cool," he said, smiling at her and nodding.

"Sorry guys, but we've got to go. See ya later." Rainbow quickly took off, without waiting for a reply. Skylar waved goodbye and took off after her, but could help but notice the look of hatred they had given her.

"Who were those guys?" Skylar asked, when they landed in front of Cloudsdale Hotel.

"Oh, them. They were in Flight School with me, and used to always bully me about being a loser. They refused to believe that I could pull off a Sonic Rainboom, but I proved them wrong a few years ago, when I did it during the Best Young Flier Competion," she answered, smirking.

Skylar thought about this, then thought about that look they had given her. She hoped that she hadn't already made enemies in Equestria, after only being it in for two days.