• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 1,076 Views, 17 Comments

Solid Hartz - VirgeDante



4 Children with powers are sent to equestria to prevent disaster, but who's to say they won't be the ones causing it? Heroes, evil, kids with powers, normal stuff.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,076

Chapter 4: Finally, Some Emotions!

The fight begins as the Ursa rushes towards Kepher, but he quickly jumps over it, grabbing its fur and clinging to its back. The Ursa roars and shakes violently, realizing that shaking won't do any good, it crouches and growls as the fur on its back grows into spikes, Kepher jumps off as the spikes just barely miss him. "Woah!" he cries, "well there goes my idea of stabbing it in the back..." The ponies watching are terrified.
"Why aren't you two helping him!?" Twilight shouted.
Natalie turned to her with a serious expression. "He asked me to let him take on the next myth we fought, and I promised him he could, what kind of friend would I be if I broke a simple promise like that?"
Twilight tried to protest. "I'm glad you want to keep a promise, but he could be killed!"
Zack tried to calm her down. "Don't worry, he's fine, he's taken down a lower C class before..."

Rainbow snuck her way into the conversation. "Whats so special about Upper and lower classes?" she asked.
"Well, there are seven classes, S,A,B,C,D,E, and F. each has three divisions, lower,middle, and upper, you can tell witch class a myth belongs to by the color and brightness of the aura around it, for example, that Ursa is a crimson red, which means it's a C class, and the aura is dim, so its a lower power, the stronger it is, the brighter the aura." Zack felt so smart telling the ponies this, it made him feel like the teacher of a class, like the ones he and his brother went through to learn these things in the first place. Twilight seemed to have calmed down. "Well he doesn't look like he's having too much trouble..." Kepher had successfully caused much damage to the Ursa while trying to find the soul gem, it was missing its left paw and its sides were torn open. The Ursa swung its good paw at Kepher, which he dodged, grabbing the arm and pulling himself up and over. The Ursa then turned around and tried to bite him, however, Kepher jumped around it and roundhouse kicked its side, causing the beast to topple over.
"I know i asked to fight alone... but if you could tell me were its soul gem is, that would be great!" he called.
Natalie called back to him. "Don't worry Sugar cane, i'm on it!" She took out her chronicle and it began to glow. She held the book in her right hand while holding out her left towards the Ursa, and concentrated. "It's just below the neck!" she hollered. "Got it!" Kepher answered. He jumped up and for a brief second, his chocolate bar seemed to grow. He swung it and the Ursa's neck was slashed. Kepher landed and placed the chocolate bar back into his pocket as the Ursa evaporated. "Well that was fun." he said.

Applejack was the first to congradulate him."Wow li'l fella, your pretty tough fer somepony so young. how old are ya?" she asked
"I'm 8! and thanks, i work out, haha." he proceeded to run over to Pinkie pie, as he seemed to had become good friends with her already. Applejack stood for a moment, processing what she just heard "He's even younger than Toby!" she thought. While she tried to comprehend the fact that a mere child just destroyed a super powered bear, he was having his own little conversation with Pinkie."That was a really neat trick you did with that chocolate bar! you think i could try it?" she questioned.
He held his head in his chin for a moment, pondering, then he got an idea."Well, i can't give you mine, but if you can do it with one of your own, that's fine." She happily jumped around a bit, clapping her hooves.
"Oh, yay! I bet if i could make chocolate bars grow, I would have soooooo much chocolate, I wouldn't know what to do with it all!" Just then, Toby and Fluttershy exited from the house.

Fluttershy spoke first. "Um...is everypony okay? Is that monster gone?" she asked.
"Oh, dear you should have seen it!" Rarity chimed. "That young colt Sugar cane," she motioned her hoof to Kepher,
"defeated that brute with barely any effort! I can assure you, everything is just fine."
"It's a good thing too." They turned to see Maxwell finally returned. "Myths gain power at night, the lunar rays enhance their aura and they get real nasty." Applejack turned to him.
"Howdy there! ahm Applejack, Ah don't think we've met before." she held out her hoof for a shake.
"I'm Regret." he said, and shook her hoof.
"Oh... finally opening up are we?" Natalie teased him.
"Oh, shut up, i'm just being polite." he shot back. She held up her hands in surrender.
"Someone's cranky..." she whispered to Zack. He laughed.
"Whats got you so ticked off all of a sudden?" he was being more serious now, as he could sense something wrong with his brother."Nothing's wrong...i'm just tired, i'm turning in for the night, it was nice to meet all of you ponies...good night."
He walked into the house and upstairs. Natalie turned to Zack with a worried expression. "Um, Zack...?"
"He'll tell us when he's ready, just let it go for tonight... we should turn in too, it's been a long day..." He walked towards the house as well. Natalie turned to Kepher. "Sugar cane! we're going in now, okay?" she called, he and Pinkie had wandered quite a bit away from the group. "Okay! be right there!" he called back, and he ran up to them...very fast.
"Woah." Rainbow dash was impressed. "That was pretty quick kid, how about we race sometime?"
He nodded."That would be super fun!"

Natalie took him by the hand. "Well, we should be getting to bed, tomorrow is our first official day on the job. we have to be ready... also, Twilight, if you could inform princess Celestia of our arrival, that would be great."
Twilight gave a small look of surprise."Huh? didn't you already meet her?"
"No, our boss did, he found out about the rift bringing myths here and came through to talk to Celestia about it, they decided that until you ponies are up to date with the myth attacks and can fight back effectively, we have to stand by and protect you, we're in charge of protecting ponyville, there are other groups stationed in other cities..." she yawned.
"Well, i think i'm done for the night, it was nice meeting you all, we'll see you tomorrow i guess, good night."
The ponies gathered up. "Good night!" they said together, and they headed back to their own homes.

Inside the house, Natalie looked towards Kepher and realized he wasn't as hyper as he was just a few moments ago, he was wobbling a bit and looked drowsy. "C'mon, i'll take you up myself." He reached his arms up and she picked him up, carrying him upstairs to his room. upon walking in, she found Toby and Fluttershy had been helping him unpack his things while they were in there. He had his red dresser with the large mirror on it in ther corner, his maple wood bed in the opposite corner with his candy decorated bedsheets and pillow case, another dresser, taller than the first and without a mirror, just beside the doorway, and beside that was his closet. the room was made purely from wood and had a rug sprawled across the center. She pulled back the sheets on the bed and placed Kepher on it, then tucked him in. He turned his head up to look at her. "Nat?" he asked, his voice soft and almost a whisper.
"Yes, Keph?"
"You think we're gunna fight alot of myths tomorrow?"
"I dunno...maybe. why?"
"Well, Pinkie asked me if i wanted to come bake something with her and Toby tomorrow... and i really want to."
Natalie smiled happily at the child."Don't worry, you can go with them, me,Max, and Zack will take care of any myths that show up, you go have fun with your new friend."
He closed his eyes."Thanks Nat... i really like Pinkie, she's really fun, and Toby is the only person I've met in a long time that's around my age... I know Max is only two years older, but with the way he acts, it's not the same."
Natalie smiled and stroked his hair. "Well, i'm sure Toby is glad he met you too, now try to sleep, tomorrows a big day for you, i'm sure." She kissed him on the forehead, and walked out of the room, closing the lights, and slowly shutting the door.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elsewhere
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A boy lies in a glass containment capsule in a medical room, his tattered clothes being washed in a machine lying a few feet away, and his wounds being slowly healed by the nanobots in the capsule. "Doctor...I don't think he is too far off...the myth still seems to have hold on him, he can barely speak, but he has been making progress."
The doctor smiles softly. "Yes...his heart is showing more now than before... maybe he will finally have both emotion and power..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW SUBJECT
________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: Overseer
Birth name: Richard Wyress
Age: 34
Code name: Sovereign
Class: None
Weapon of choice: None in particular
Mythbuster Clearance Level: Overseer- Non-combatant

Appearance: Tall and lean, has short black combed back hair, wears a black tux with leather armor underneath.
Black dress shoes, and glasses.

Special talents: Very good at planning ahead, has very good judgement when making choices, has exelent negotiation skills.

Solid heart activation: None

Description: The current leader of the Moontouched, he believes the myths are not just a nuisance, or monsters trying to destroy all, but as a valuable scientific advancement waiting to be achieved. He was the one who ordered for the testing of linking soul gems to the human body in order to increase body performance. Although he knows what he does hurts many, he believes the end justifies the means. Despite being the cause of Zero's childhood distortion, he likes to think of the boy as his own son.
_______________________________________________________________________________

"All he needs is a push in the right direction, and he will have full control again... once he goes against the negative influences of the soul gem, nothing will be able to stop him." The doctor had hopeful determination in his eyes.
"The stasis cure capsule has almost replenished his blood, what should I do once he awakens?" His assistant asks.
"Simple... there have been many tears in the walls between dimensions lately, dimensional shifting is fairly easy now, which means more myths, and that means...?" He waited for Kristie to fill in the blank.
"The new soul gems will copy the body structure of that worlds creatures, creating new myth species." she answers.
"Correct, and who better to obtain the new specimens than my very own son?"
"Where should i send him?"
"Send him to the nearest world, we need new specimens fast, and the closer he is to us, the better."
Kristie wrote in the code on the capsule containing Zero to release him. "I will ask someone to prepare some supplies for him to take in his dimension cube, and i'll use the currency converter to change his allowance into that worlds currency, that should keep him going for a while..."
The doctor chuckled. "He'd be fine if you sent him with nothing but the clothes he wears, the boy is a weapon of immeasurable power, he could just take anything he desired. just make sure you give him the exact details of the mission alright? we don't need him messing around like his brother Saint..." he frowned at mentioning Saint's name.
"Very well sir..." Kristie bows. The capsule beside her opens, and steam flies in all directions as the boy gets up.
Kristie takes his hand. "Alright Zero, I need to explain something to you, alright? you have an important mission to accomplish." Zero nods.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One hour later
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zero stands in the center of a large circle, with rune symbols on the outside of the edge, with an X across the interior of the circle, with more runes in the spaces.his dimension cube in the pocket of his torn pants, ready for his leave. "...How does this work...miss Varen...?"
"Well, because we don't have access to any fancy dimensional warp sygils, we have to use powerful runic incantations." she explains. "These runes call on the power of different elements from across different dimensions, opening the door between the worlds, then the runes in the center work to expand the doorway, allowing us to travel to another wold."
"...Why am i...going away...?"
"I've already explained it to you, you need to hunt down the new myths, and do not kill them, just destroy the physical body and contain the soul gems, alright?" He nods."Also, if anyone gets in your way, try not to get too violent, we don't need and unwanted attention brought to us." Once more, he nods. "Alright then, prepare for transport."

The runes on the ground begin to glow brightly, the circle raises slowly enveloping him, he can no longer see his legs, but can feel a breeze on them, the circle reaches his stomach, he can feel the cold air... the circle reaches his head and he closes his eyes. Once he opens them, he finds himself in a forest of some sort. He jumps to the top of a tree to get a better view, in the distance he sees three figures walking down a path, two human, one pony, his curiosity picks at him, so he moves closer, jumping to a tree close to them, once he senses their power however, he is quickly disappointed. "Hmmph..." He turns and leaves to go find the myths that are his objective.

Author's Note:

SovereignTheme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gckgKU7cQw&list=PLF9FB5CC23A5A8A4F

@Nat- D'aaaaaw

Ps: I'm going to try my best to upload everyday, but I have mid terms coming up so... i dunno...