• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 1,076 Views, 17 Comments

Solid Hartz - VirgeDante



4 Children with powers are sent to equestria to prevent disaster, but who's to say they won't be the ones causing it? Heroes, evil, kids with powers, normal stuff.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,076

Chapter 2: Behind the Scenes

Deep in the everfree forest, a 10 year old boy wanders aimlessly. "OW, stupid branch...how'd it get directly through my masks eye hole!?" Clearly things are going just fine for him. He continues searching hoping to find something interesting to occupy his time. "Normally, forests are supposed to have all kinds of animals...but this place is empty! there should at least be some Myths around..." Just then he finds himself unable to continue walking. "whoa...what the...?" in his confusion, he notices a pink line from beyond the trees has attached to his right arm. It pulls him in. "AAAAAAAH!" he screams.
In seconds he finds himself standing at a lakeside, with his right forearm elbow deep in a frog Myth, about half his size.
Fortunately, he is not helpless, as he quickly and skillfully, places his left hand on his forehead, places his right foot under the frog, and uses his left foot to push up while activating his flight shoes, allowing him to flip backwards, performing a suplex type move, smashing the frog on the floor.

The boy tries to remove his arm from the frogs mouth, but to no avail, The frogs grip is sealed on his arm, he feels the acid start to burn away his gloves and sleeve. "AH!nononono!" He panics. Just then, a long sword flies down piercing the frog, causing it to howl in pain, releasing the boys arm. He then reaches into his pockets for his trusty jackels, dual handguns with extended barrels and much stronger than any standard military sidearm. He takes aim and fires repeatedly at the frog, but the regeneration is too quick, he cant get a decent shot of the soul orb. The frog spits an acid ball at the boy, who luckily dodges to the side just in time, and takes aim at the frogs eye, fireing and causing half of the creatures head to dissolve, as the boys mystery helper drops from the tree top to fall directly onto the frogs soul orb, shattering it and destroying the Myth. He takes his sword back and sheaths it before placing back into the secret pocket of his cloak.

"Can't i leave you alone for ten minutes without you getting yourself almost killed Max?" he frowns at his brother.
"come on, Zack, i'm not THAT accident prone..." just after he says this, he turns to walk away, only to trip from stepping into the small crater he made from his suplex flip kick earlier. Zack smirked, "yeah...sure."
"Alright well this forest is boring... wanna head back to town and check on Nat?" he shook his arms to try to get feeling back. Zack turned and began walking towards ponyville, "That would be smart, I can't babysit you forever."
"And I don't need you to babysit me! I'm fine without you! you'll see."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in ponyville
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here we are!" Applebloom trotted up to the door of the library just in time to see Twilight and her friends walking towards them. "Oh, Twilight hai, ah thought you were already here?"
Twilight blushed." Well i had to get the girls, we can't meet our new friends if we're not there can we?"
"What about Fluttershy? ah know applejack is back on tha farm, we can go back fer her later..."
Twilight looked around a bit. "Well she said she would be here, i guess she had something to do with Toby..." Just then they heard a young boys voice. "Hi auntie Twilight!" They all looked up to see Fluttershy flying over with Toby.
"Sorry we're late, I won't go into detail, but angel wasn't very cooperative this morning..." She looked down shyly.
She knelt down on her forelegs so that Toby could climb off, as he did, he looked up to see Kepher standing right in front of his face. "Hi!" he chirped. Toby jumped back a bit, startled.

"Um...hi..." Toby was still a little shaken, having almost had a heart attack. This kid gave him a pinkie surprise right there.
"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about that, Sugar cane? what did i tell you about personal space?" she said with a scolding mother voice. "Let other people have theirs?" Natalie nodded. Toby looked at them with curiosity, then turned to Twilight.
"Um... auntie Twilight? who are they?" Twilight motioned her hoof to them.
"They're here to help us with our monster problem, right?" Kepher and Natalie nodded
"Oh wow! that's great, momma has been too scared to leave her cottage after lunch because those monsters like to come out around then... and our home being so close to the everfree, there are lots of them, they always scare all the animals away..." Toby looked very sad as he remembered the terrified looks on all his animal friends faces.
Natalie walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Well guess what? We're gunna take em all down for you! That's our job after all, We're MythBusters! we live to fight those viscous beasts. Just leave everything to us!"
Toby smiled happily at her. "You really think you could do that?" She stood up and gave him a solute.
"I swear on my heart and life blood, i will protect all who are in harms way." He looked up at her with a happy smile.
"wow, that was cool!like some kind of super hero." Toby was beaming at her. Kepher found it was his time to chime in.
"You think she sounds cool from just talking like that? you should see her fight, it's wicked!" he giggled as he said that.

Rainbow dash had enough of listening in, she decided to join in the fun."Oh really? now i'm interested." she flew just a few feet up and ahead of Natalie. Just then two familiar figures teleported in, startling the ponies and Toby, Natalie and Kepher however, were unphased. "Woah!" Rainbow shouted. "Where did you guys come from?"
Pinkie pie joined in. "They came from the everfree forest silly! I saw them walk in a little bit ago."
"Greeeaaat, more ponies..." Maxwell rolled his eyes
Rarity gave a small gasp." I beg your pardon?" Maxwell looked at her and realized what he said sounded like an insult.
"Oh! sorry i didn't mean it to be offensive... just not enthusiastic... i'll be straight forward, i'm the type to wait a while before i get comfy with new surroundings, sorry." Rainbow eyed him.
"Yeah, you better be, I don't take it lightly when somepony insults my friends." Maxwell raised his hands in surrender.
"I got it, don't worry."
Vice then stepped in."If i may say something, i think we should learn each others names before we get too chummy, wouldn't you agree?"
They all looked at each other and nodded.

First was the Cyan pony. "I'm Rainbow dash! Best flyer in all of equestria!" her friends rolled their eyes, Fluttershy and Toby just giggled at her boasting. Next was the pink pony, "I'm pinkie pie! party mare extraordinaire!" she did some cartwheels around the group, witch Kepher happily joined in on. "I'm Sugar cane! and i'm a Party animal! wooooooo!"
Pinkie jumped up and hugged him. "Oh, that's such a sweet name! I can tell we're gonna be reeeaaal good friends!"
Rarity spoke next. "I am Rarity, Aspiring fashionista, pleasure to make your acquaintance." she gave a light bow to their new friends. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rarity." Natalie said. "My name is Psylocke, my friends call me Psy." She gave them a smile, witch they returned. Next is the grumpy one. "I'm Regret..." the ponies and Toby got a slightly sad expression. Twilight spoke up. "Regret? that's kind of sad... " Maxwell gave a small chuckle.
"Well maybe someone didn't like me...besides whenever i do something, i usually regret doing it pretty quick...so it fits."
They all looked at him with concern in their eyes, untill Zack tried to ease the tension. "I'm Vice...Regret's brother, i am happy to meet all of you." he gave them all the most sincere, happy smile he could muster. Twilight spoke next.
"I am princess Twilight sparkle, and i'm glad to have you all here, i'm hoping you enjoy it." she gave a slight bow of respect, witch the MythBusters returned.Toby spoke up for himself and Fluttershy. "I'm Toby and this is my momma Fluttershy." He gave her a big hug. "I love her alot, and don't make fun of us just because she's a pony and i'm not!"
Fluttershy smiled and kissed him on the head. "Aw, i love you too sweetie." Luckily Maxwell was wearing his mask because the facial expressions he was making would have easily angered everyone there.

"Hmmm, it's getting late, we should all go back home for some rest, Regret, Vice. Psy and Sugar cane, i'll take you to the house i made you, it's small right now, but it can be built onto." Twilight gave them a sincere smile.
"Okay! i'm beat..." regret said while yawning. Kepher was irritated.
" I'm not tired at all, i'm not going to bed!" Natalie looked at him with piercing eyes.
"You don't wanna fall asleep in the middle of a fight and get eaten do you?" she smiled evilly.
His eyes widened. "n-n-no..."
Natalie laughed."Well then get to bed before it gets too late."
He gave her a salute. "YES MA'AM!"
Zack grinned. "Well... looks like the first day is over... so much happened in only a few short hours...hehe, things are gonna get interesting..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, somewhere far away
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young boy lies asleep...remembering a part of his past that has since become a living nightmare...
*5 years ago*
*Click here to play atmoshperic music*(open in new tab)

Lying in bed, in a cold pure white room with nothing but a bed and a small bathroom stall and tiny desk, the boy hears footsteps down the hall outside, his eyes widen in terror, he knows what happens to those who are picked for "testing" in the underground Myth research facilities. To his dismay, the door to his cell is the one that is opened...he cowers in the corner...begging..."please! no! not me...*sob*" the two guards enter grabbing him by the arms...
"Just shut up kid, the sooner your done there the sooner the rest of us get our days of piece, deal with it, we all have to."
He cries, frantically searching for an escape...but finding none. Soon he is brought to the dreaded testing room...Room V...the virus care center... he is brought in and placed on the table, flailing with all his might to escape, but they hold him down and strap him to the table. "please...*sob*...let me go...*sob*" the nurse places a gas mask over his mouth.
"Sorry, but this is very important...trust me, you'll feel a lot better once it's over..." She turns a valve on the gas tank next to the table. The boy feels his senses slipping... his mind goes numb... he sees the surgeon and his scalpel...
"Alright kid, i'm gonna explain something to you... If we used the sleep gas on you, the Myth will be able to kill you from the inside out, so to prevent that, we're going to operate while your still conscious." the boy couldn't even react, his mind was stunned by the strange drug they exposed him to..."We will start the procedure now..." the nurse let go of him and grabbed her own scalpel... and began the "test"...for the next 3 hours... the horrifying sound of a child's screams could be heard throughout the entire facility...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"..."

"..."

"..."

"boy..."

"..."

"..."

"Child! awaken!"
The boy rises from the table... his eyes emotionless... his body stiff...
"Have we done it? have we finally managed to fuse a soul gem into the human body!? OH this is too good to be true! after years of testing, after so many test subjects expended... we finally have our SUCCESS!" all the scientists and surgeons in the room cheered."Just to be sure...boy... what is it you want most?" The boy turns his head slowly to the doctor.
"To suppress the darkness...and destroy those who would stand in the way... of the moontouched..."
The doctor chuckled with glee."Perfect! now boy...we have assigned you a project name...do you know the name you will be answering to?"
The boy spoke in a weak whisper...
"...I.....am......Zero........."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to present day
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW SUBJECT
_________________________________________________________________________________

Subject #0
Birth name: Jack Shackle
Age:9
Code name: Zero
Class: Seeker
Weapon of choice: Shackles
MythBuster Clearance level: S Class

Appearance: Dirty blond hair that reaches down over his eyes, tattered and worn plain grey shirt, torn black dress pants, bandages on his feet covered by plain black dress shoes, silver eyes, silver shackles that are never removed from his wrists, has a myths soul gem embedded into his heart.

Special talent: Pre-weaponizing- was a very talented piano player, seemed to have a love for music in general and enjoyed spending time in the woods, camping and learning survival methods. Also appeared to love baking.

Post-weaponizing- Ability to control his blood at will, if he is cut he can mentaly force his blood out and mold it into various shapes, and can use ancient destruction magic. Also kept his love of sweets.

Solid heart activation ability: Branch of Sin (Blood control).

Description: Classified

Author's Note:

Wondering what the dark tag was before? well, now you know... and a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing... MWAHAHAHAHA... just kidding...
Zero's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LltLbfQdss