• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 2,861 Views, 61 Comments

TCB: Divine Wrath - Dragonlover553



Humanity has fallen, they have all been ponified. The Tyrant rules, but all is not lost. For this is the day, when the gods returned, and cast their shadow over Celestia, and her percous ponies.

  • ...
26
 61
 2,861

Chapter 4

Three days came and went, and nothing happened.
"Well, that is to be expected." said Celestia as the sun set. "Humans are incapable of touching magic. He was likely bluffing."
"All the same I-" they were interrupted by a scream. "What was that?!"
"We do not know." replied a guard. "But we are trying to find out."
"Let me see." said Celestia as she shot to the sky, and when she got there, what she say terrified her. "Humans?" Of a sort. They were a dark spectral kind of human, flying through the air, killing everything they touched. In their presence, unicorns could not use magic, pegasi were too slow to survive, and earth ponies just weren't strong enough. The pony's weapons passed right through them.
"What are they?" asked Twilight frightfully.
"The Dorocha." replied a feminine voice. "The voices of the dead, and like the dead, they are numberless."
"WHO'S THERE?" demanded Twilight. "WHO SAID THAT?"
"Who said what?" replied Celestia, worriedly.
"But-but. I heard him. He said they were called... Dorocha."
"Dorocha? I've never heard of such creatures." said Celestia.
"Yes but-"
"They can't hear me."
"Who are you?! Show yourself!"
"I am all around you child of the ponies. I am the Cailleach, the Witherer, Kali, Akhlys, and so many others. I am the Goddess of the Dead."
"Okay then, Goddess of the Dead, why are you telling me this?"
"Simple. I can. I may be immortal, but even I need entertainment."
"Alright, so how do we stop them?"
"Simple. You can't. Normally a powerful sorcerer performs a blood sacrifice on All Hallows Eve to ripe a whole in the Veil to unleash them. This time is different. The Gates of Death has been torn open by the gods themselves. But, if it's any help, they only come out at night."
"Thank you." replied Twilight, who relayed the information to Celestia.
"This is most troubling." said Celestia. "But I'm sure that Equestria will get through it. The night passed, and the Dorocha vanished when the sun rose. "How many dead?" she asked of her captain.
"In Canterlot alone? Two million. World wide? Perhaps half a billion."
"This is- this is genocide!" shouted Twilight.
"With all do respect mame, it's not. The dorocha are killing everything, not just ponies. My troops report that there has been some success warding them off with fire. Not even the heat or the light, the dorocha just avoid the fire."
"Odd, but we can use th-" Celestia was interrupted by a screech.
"KILL THEM!!" shouted what sounded like an old lady. The ponies looked up to see the source of the noise. Bat-winged hags, humans, picking up ponies and killing them. Few ponies managed to kill the beings, but those that did suddenly dropped dead.
"Arai." said Twilight. "Humans had myths about them. The female spirits of curses. That's why killing them kills our troops. Someone must have cursed the whole pony race, wishing we would all die, and that unleashed the curse upon the killer."
"Very astute Twilight. You made a very good tactician during the war didn't you?" said a male voice.
"And you are?" asked Twilight.
"Mars, Ares, Horus. Basically, I'm the god of war. Not on the High Council, but I'm a general of their forces."
"Alright Mars, how do we kill Arai without them killing us?"
"You can't. Not unless you're human. By the way, I'd suggest getting Celestia to that trial of hers soon."
"And why is that?"
"Because the Lars are next. And then the Enforcer."
"Lars? Enforcer?"
"The Lars are household gods, imagine it, two gods for every human household that ever was descending upon your armies. Invincible."
"We have magic, we can fight them."
"Not for long, Hecate is going to revoke the gift of magic at sunrise tomorrow."
"Hecate, Spellbinder, Isis, she's the Wanderer's Wife and the Goddess of Magic, Sorcery and Witchcraft." And so it came to be. When the sun set the Arai vanished and the Dorocha returned. By sunrise, 2.5 billion ponies had died since the time limit had expired.