• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 2,861 Views, 61 Comments

TCB: Divine Wrath - Dragonlover553



Humanity has fallen, they have all been ponified. The Tyrant rules, but all is not lost. For this is the day, when the gods returned, and cast their shadow over Celestia, and her percous ponies.

  • ...
26
 61
 2,861

Chapter 3

It was Celestia's day court again, and for the twelfth time in the last four hours a pony was complaining about taxes. "As you can see your Majesty, this new income tax is throwing the economy out of balance. The average home must now work 13% more to feed themselves, and combined with the new population, inflation is titanic. Bits have gone down in value more than 67% since we landed upon the Earth. So please, your highness, we beg of you, remove this-" suddenly, the stallion was interrupted by an explosion of pale emerald light that threw the massive double doers open. In walked a man. Average in height, average in build. Brown hair. Dressed in black robes with golden trims, a golden ouroboros upon his back. A leather belt with vials holding strange liquids on it. A pair of leather boots. Celestia took in all these details in the first few seconds. What she noticed next was what made her freeze. The palm of the human's right hand was smoking lightly and his eyes,
Oh Harmony, his eyes. They were golden and filled with ancient wisdom and unending hatred.For their owner, for their enemies, for all they gazed upon. "Who are you?!" She demanded. "What are you? Why have you come here?" The human merely glared at her.
"How are you here?" asked Twilight, who had been standing next to Celestia.
"Nine years ago, I went of to fight a war in a distant realm, and I returned to this." He spat out the last word like an insult. Fortunately, the gods have decided I will have my vengeance."
"What gods?" demanded Celestia. "And I ask you again, how are you here?"
"Simple, witch. There was a gate. I entered. Now, I did not come here for petty insults. I came here to deliver a message."
"And what would that be?"
"In three days, you will be taken to the Hall of Judgement. For a trial. And make no mistake Celestia, you are guilty."
"And by who's authority is this done by?"
"Why, the god's of course."
"And if we refuse to submit these, gods of yours?"
"Because if you don't, all Equestria will suffer the consequences."
"Is that a threat?"
"No. It's a promise."
"Is that a reference to one of those human "movies", as they were called?"
"Yes. But the point stands. Goodbye Celestia, and please, resist. It will make it much more fun to bring you in." With that, the human turned to leave, but before he had gotten more than three paces, a beaker of ponification potion hit him in the back.
"Good shot Twilight."
"Thank you, princess." Then waited a few seconds. Nothing happened. A few more moments. Nothing happened. Then, slowly, ever so slowly, the human began to turn.
"How is it that you are immune to the potion?" demanded Twilight, worriedly.
"Looking upon me now, it would be hard to say my age, but I was born in the year 1372, C.E. Death has no hold over me, illness cannot touch me. I have been many things in my day, a scholar and a solider, a teacher of language and chemistry, a warrior and a witness, both an officer of the law, and a thief. But before all that, I was an alchemist. I was the Alchemist. I was sought after by kings and emperors and even the pope himself. I have had a great many achievements. I have fought with gods and demons, I have slayed monsters and prevented genocides. I learned how to make gold from lead, transform stones into precious gems, but above all that, I discovered the secret to eternal life within a book of ancient magic. Do you really believe the most powerful alchemist in history would be unable to produce a vaccine for your plague?"
"The blessing of ponydom is no plague." said Celestia angrily.
"Oh, but it is." replied the Alchemist. "It is a sickness, a cancer that must be wiped out before it spreads. And all of that, Celestia, is thanks to you."
"And how have I made ponies a cancer?"
"Look around Celestia. We are standing upon the ruins of Washington D.C. Have you ever stopped even for a moment, to consider what you might become? What you might unleash?"
"Unleash? What are you taking about, human? ANSWER ME!" she demanded.
"No, I shall not bow to you. And now I leave you with this warning. You have angered the gods. Be at the top of that mountain in three days time. Goodbye, Tyrant Sun." with that, the human burst into emerald flames, and vanished.