• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 962 Views, 7 Comments

afraid of the shadows, afraid the dark - Kaelos Dashery



The return of harmony alternate universe. Rainbow dash is running through the maze herself when she hears a commotion on the other side of the maze, it isn't what she expected

  • ...
13
 7
 962

The fall of friends

Author's note: I want to explain my humanized universe to anyone who doesn't know and I'll keep it quick.

Unicorns channel power through their hands to levitate items and teleport, but that is about the extent of unicorn magic, with potions being a main form of 'magic' and they come in throwable forms.

Earth ponies are just normal humans that are slightly stronger than pegasi and unicorns.

Pegasi are a bit more complicated, they are now known as riders and can summon any non-engine powered vehicle in rapid succesion, such as a skateboard or bike but they have to be able to make a loud and audible snap for this to work.


The Return of Harmony: “Violence-ized” and “Humanized”

Starting from Fluttershy’s Part of the Maze.

“You’ve been kind for far too long my dear! Time to be cruel! Arrivederci!” Discord exclaimed while poking his finger onto the top of Fluttershy’s head and walking away to disappear before walking into a nearby hedge.

Fluttershy turned a shade darker and then heard the hedge wall opposite of her fall and turned around to see her friends. Former friends, anyways.

“Fluttershy! I'm so glad to see a friendly face. This awful labyrinth is getting to everybody.” Twilight spoke.

Fluttershy responded with a dark grin on her face,” Well I guess that sucks for you. Why don’t you come over here and see how much i care!” With a fist rising into the air and a dark aura slowly beginning to surrounding her.

All of the rest of the halted their own proceedings to turn and stare at the disturbingly violent threat from the sensitive girl. Even the wrestling match between Pinkie and Applejack had been halted in the middle of Applejack hitting Pinkie with a round kick. Twilight slowly backed away as Fluttershy decided to continue to advance appearing to go forward on her threat.

Apparently, this commotion was loud enough for Rainbow Dash to hear from the other side of the maze, recently spotting a flying thundercloud and abandoning it to pursue the noise going on from a few meters away. she sprinted through the nearby bush walls getting a few cuts and scrapes along the way but not stopping anyway. When she came across the sight of Fluttershy nearly attacking Twilight, she tried to rush out and help but her shirt was stuck on a stubborn branch and couldn’t keep going. The scene that transpired before her eyes froze her cold to the bone.

Fluttershy threw a punch at Twilight who dodged but happened to stumble into a well-placed kick to the stomach which sent her to the ground in pain. Twilight tried to stand but was brought back down with an uppercut from Fluttershy.

Rainbow dash broke free of the branch holding her shirt and stepped out into the clearing but still didn’t manage to process that Fluttershy, her best friend, was bringing her favorite bookworm to her knees.

Fluttershy just kicked some dirt in Twilight’s face and sent an angry glare towards the others and said “Anyone else? Didn’t think so.” She turned around and saw dash and a dark aura surrounded her like before.

“Well hey Dashie, what’s up?” Fluttershy stated in a too-Normal-for-comfort tone.

"What's up? What's up?!? You just attacked one of our best friends!What’s happening!?!” Rainbow dash yelled, running over to twilight and helping her sit up. “You okay Twi?” Twilight nodded.

The other three ponies were awkwardly sort of standing, not wanting to get on the bad side of either of the pegasi currently. They still didn’t care enough to help twilight though.

“Well isn’t this a nice little reunion. now why don’t we get to business, My little Dashie?” Fluttershy sneered using the name her fillyfriend’s nickname. This got rainbow dash tipped over the boiling point.

Rainbow began her sentence quietly “Why, Why are you doing this Fluttershy." She began yelling screaming at the top of her lungs, "this isn't you Fluttershy! You aren't this cruel!" She looked up to see the same look of indifference on her face as before.

Noting what dash just said, Fluttershy responded "This is the new me and let me tell you this, being mean is far too fun to let go. And I think I'll go and get my wings from discord, and I'll kindly take your magic as well twilight!" Fluttershy spat at twilight while picking up some rope that Applejack had dropped earlier. She pushed twilight back onto the ground and began to tie her hands together when dash shoved her off and untied the rope. Twilight got up and ran back to the other ponies to escape the reckless, enraged Rider. Rainbow dash held the rope and sprinted off, taunting Fluttershy along the way.

"Bet'ya can't catch me!" She yelled. Fluttershy ran after her leaving the other few to continue what they were doing. She tried summoning her bike but remembered that discord took away her powers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Rainbow found out the hard way, an anger fueled Fluttershy has a lot more speed and stamina than a normal Fluttershy and it wore on dash enough so that Fluttershy was able to catch up and violently tackle her to the dirt. She brought a harsh knee to Rainbow's back, multiple times, forcing Rainbows face into the stinging hard ground. She finished and turned Rainbow dash over and punched her once in the stomach pressingly hard and picking her up by her shirt collar to a weak standing position.

"Looks like I caught you, Dashie. You're pretty fun, I think I'll play with you some more once I get back from Discord!" Fluttershy declared with a new trademark sadistic smirk that belonged only on the worst of villains. She threw Dash back at the ground.

".. No... Stop!" Rainbow summoned the last of her strength to get on one knee and grab Fluttershy's arm, temporarily stopping her in her tracks.

" Hm? I guess you aren't done playing, are you? Well I guess we can play another game." Fluttershy spoke, with a hint of indignation in her voice, all the while looking very pleased with herself. She attempted a hard right hook to Dash's face. Attempted. Dash ducked and slammed into Fluttershy's midsection, sending them both tumbling to the ground.

Fluttershy was stunned. After seeing the roughed up condition that Rainbow dash was in, she didn't expect any sort of fight, more like Rainbow simply taking everything Flutters threw at her. While Fluttershy was engrossed in this train of thought, Rainbow dash had grabbed the rope she brought and began tying Fluttershy's hands above her head. This proved to be a fruitless effort as Fluttershy slipped out before Rainbow was done and kicked her off with a strength that could be rivaled by a bodybuilder's. Rainbow flew a few feet away and collapsed in a heep, partially inside the hedge wall, scraping her upper body again and soliciting a hiss from the downed girl.

Hmm, Fluttershy thought, interesting. She walked over to Rainbow dash and carelessly dragged her away from the hedge by her leg. She pondered what to do for a moment when she casually went in to twist her ankle, causing Rainbow dash unbelievable pain. Rainbow was struggling to turn over, and when she succeeded, kicked her fellow Rider's hand away and backed up holding her injured leg close.

She still tried to stand up, heart breakingly slowly, only to fall back to her knees a few seconds later. She looked up to see the dark aura around Fluttershy slowly diminishing as she stood stock still, staring at Rainbow dash's beat up form. The aura was nearly completely gone until Fluttershy attempted to speak, allowing it to shine even darker than before.

"Ha! If you thought you could get rid of me that easily, think again. It'll take much more than just a stupid puppy dog look to get rid of me. But now it seems that I've gained power." Fluttershy brought her hand out and a ray of black light shot out and hit one of the hedges, causing it to wilt and catch on fire.

Rainbow dash was speechless as she once again tried to get to her feet and made it, albeit a pathetic stance. She took a cautious step towards this... thing that was in the body of her best friend, now obviously possessing her.

" What do you want!" Rainbow dash yelled at 'Fluttershy' as she continued to abuse her new found powers.

" Do I really need to spell it out for you? Its really not obvious? I want power! Power over the day and night, chaos and harmony, love and hate, All of it! The best part is, I can perfectly replicate personalities so no one will ever suspect a thing." Fluttershy turned away from Dash and focused both her hands to instantaneously start a fire on one of the hedges. She turned back to Dash and focused on purely inflicting a tormenting torture to rainbow dash, and it certainly succeeded with Rainbow dash dropping back to the ground after the onslaught of what felt like a blazing wave of ice sent through her body.

Seeing spots in front of her eyes now, Rainbow dash got back up onto her hands and knees, trying to recover until she felt a large stressing pressure being put on her lower back, bringing her down to her forearms until pressing once more sharply had broken her form and let her body lay limp on the ground groaning in pain from beneath the shoe that was currently on top of Rainbow.

"You can't fight me, loser. As we speak, Fluttershy is losing her resolve to try and fight me." The possessed fluttershy dug her shoe deeper into rainbow's back, "Fluttershy is actually pretty cool compared to you. You're pathetic. Weak. Worthless. You could never do anything productive, it appears I'm doing society a kindness getting rid of you." A destructive kick to Rainbow dash's back marked the end of Fluttershy's onslaught.

"...st-stop..." rainbow tried to protest against it leaving, but couldn't summon any more strength to pursue her assailant. Rainbow took in one last glance of sunlight before falling out cold.

Meanwhile...

What just transpired nearly left Twilight in tears, watching two of her friends fighting, and one of them outright attacking her. The thought, simply the thought was unbearable. Now paying attention to the others, still standing and appearing to be frozen on time, overtook twilight with rage.

"Did you not see what just happened?!? I was attacked by Fluttershy and Dash was the only one that bothered to try and help me! Do you not remember that we're friends? Wait... remember! Memory spell!" Twilight cast the spell on all of her friends and ended panting heavily but not without noticing the monochrome form of Pinkie pie begin to regain color. Rarity and Applejack soon followed in her wake as they all collapsed on the ground with Twilight standing over them, contemplating whether to stay or leave but decided the former as these were still her friends, mean or not.

After they awoke, they recounted how their elements of harmony were used against themselves to turn them deceitful, greedy, etc.

"But that doesn't explain how Fluttershy was acting, though. She was cruel, but I didn't know they she could even have the capacity to be violent, none of you were really hurting anyone innocent."

Rarity pondered "Maybe something entirely different happened to our poor Fluttershy." She paused for a moment to see smoke fluttering up in the distance."Twilight dear, do you see the smoke as well?"

"Yes, and that scares me."

Author's Note:

Hello loyal readers,

Want to say that this is my first story and i'm hoping for some critique, already have some of the next chapter written for you so have a great day, week, month, your life!

-BCD