• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 6,121 Views, 58 Comments

Soarin'xRainbow Dash Ficlet Challenge Collection - paxtofettel



A collection of SoarinDash ficlets

  • ...
3
 58
 6,121

Joke


Joke (360 Words)

"Ok, ok, here's a good one: what's the difference between a goblin and an Ursa Major?"

Rainbow Dash pondered over it a moment. When it came to figuring out punch lines, she was not exactly the sharpest spear in the arsenal. "Hmmmm, I got nothing," she said, giving up, "what's the difference?"

"Well," began Soarin', "one's a big, blubbering monster of destruction; the other's an Ursa Minor."

Soarin' burst out into joyful laughter while Rainbow Dash let out a groan. He was never good at telling jokes. Many of the squad members tried in vain to make him stop, but he would never listen. Most of them had chosen to ignore it, but Dash had reached her limit.

"Soarin'," she nickered, "that was perhaps the WORST joke I have ever hear in my entire life."

He was taken aback by her sudden outburst, but he soon regained his composure. "Oh yeah, well I bet you can't tell a better joke," he retorted.

"Oh I bet I can."

"Then let's hear it."

She took a moment to think up a killer joke that will wipe that silly, dumb, extremely cute smile off his smug face. When she finally thought of one, a devious look made its way onto her muzzle.

"Alright," she said, slowly making her way to her husband's side of the dining table, "who's the cutest, sweetest, hottest, funniest, most awesome stallion in all of Equestria?"

"Uh honey," said Soarin', blushing at her sudden approach, "that's not really a jo- MMMPH!"

He couldn't finish on account of a pair of lips suddenly making contact with his. At first, Soarin' was taken aback by her bold move, but he soon got into it and eagerly kissed back. He wrapped his fore legs around her neck, falling back on the soft cloud "floor" with her in tow. They stayed in that position for a while, neither one of them relenting. It wasn't until they were close to asphyxiation that they finally parted.

"Well, how was that," asked Rainbow Dash, drawing small circles on his breast with her hoof.

"Punchline needs some work." They both smiled as their lips met once again.