• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 427 Views, 4 Comments

Fire and Ice - mumboman123



A mysteriously injured Pegasus is found and it's up to Fluttershy to nurse him back to health.

  • ...
4
 4
 427

Reckoning

Far away from Equestria, there is a mountain range where parts of ancient Equestria laid. Long ago, the rulers of Equestria were dragons, and the dragons were overthrown from their tyrannical throne, and were replaced by a democracy, of which Equestria is now. The dragons were sent to the mountain range, and were enraged by this, pledging to return one day in the future.

The last three dragons living there, are three dragon-pegasi hybrids, who are decendants of the king and queen.

The first one being Dragonair, the green dragon of the air, who was the eldest and wisest of the three. He parented his two younger brothers, both who were a handful, and taught and trained them everything he knew.

The second, Dragonflare, was the middle child, and the powerful one out of the three, he controlled the element of fire, and is known to be self-centered and prideful. His red body protects him from other flames by absorbing them to strengthen him.

The last dragon is Dragonice, the youngest and most violent out of the three. He wishes to fulfil the wish of his ancestors to return to the throne where the dragons belong. He is known to be tyrannical and cold hearted.

One night, as Dragonair was chewing on a dead mountain goat, Dragonice and Dragonflare approached him with a proposition.

“Brother,” Dragonice started, “I believe that the time is right that we finally take back the throne of Equestria.”

Dragonair looked at him cautiously, “How do you suppose we do that?”

“Why, doing what you taught us!”, Dragonflare continued, “ You’ve taught us everything about our elemental powers, and I can say that we are old enough to be able to take care of Equestria ourselves.”

Dragonair pondered for a minute, “I think you’re right, we have been together a long time, and our family has never been fully prepared like how we usually are, so I think we should get ready, because tonight, our country will be returned to its proper order.”

The three dragons cheered as they got ready to attack Celestia’s castle. They spred out their wings, ran out of the cave, and took off into the starry night.

About an hour later at the castle, two guards at the first hallway were standing guard at a door. It took them a few seconds to realize there was screaming to be heard from outside at the main gate.

As one guard opened the door outside, he saw corpses of other guards scattered around the ground, blood puddles everywhere. The guard was in pure shock at what he saw, he turned around to find the other guard was missing.

As the guard slowly crept through the hallway, halfway through he felt his body burn from the cold, as he froze silently.

Princess Celestia was in bed, listening to what was happening through the hallways. She was calm, but scared from what was to be coming through the door.

As the doors blew opened from a gust of wind, Princess Celestia jumped right out of her bed. “Stay back!” she said, as two silhouettes grabbed her and held her to the ground. A red fiery figure loomed closer to her.

“What do you want, who are you?!?!” she demanded. A roar broke the silence in the room.

“Princess Celestia, we are the three descendants of the dragon rulers of Equestria, and we are her to take back our throne!” the fiery figure declared.

Celestia gasped as she heard what he said, “Impossible! YOU’RE the descendants of those tyrannical dragons!? No. I won’t hand over my kingdom to you. NEVER!” The figure was about to crush her when suddenely she bucked him back at the wall and broke free from the figures’ grasp.

The icy figure charged at her while she evaded. He then froze her in place to the floor so she couldn’t move. The gusty figure charged at full speed towards her while forming a wind attack from his mouth. Suddenly, Celestia melted the ice, ducked down, and heard a “THUD” to her head.

The two watching figures were in shock as to what they saw. “NOOO!!!”

Celestia looked up at her horn to see it was covered in blood, she had impaled the gusty figure in the chest. She, too, was shocked, as she got up and removed her horn from his chest. The two figures were grieving and crying at the sight of their deceased older sibling.

Celestia looked at them, “I’m sorry for what I have done, I can see he was a lot to you, but you must leave now, or face trial.”

The fiery figure blew up with physical and emotional eruption “YOU ARE DEAD!!!” he shouted as he charged at her.

Celestia ducked down and struck his leg, causing him to srceam in agony. As he limped away, his younger brother commanded him to retreat. They flew up into the sky and Celestia watched them go.

As soon as they were far away from the castle, the icy dragon flew his brother into the ground. “You blew it! You wrecked our plans, you attacked too soon, and you KILLED OUR BROTHER!!! And now look at you, you’re a weak pile of ashes, waiting to be watered down.”

The fiery dragon looked up at him fiercly, “ I did NOTHING.”

The icy dragon bit down hard on his brothers wing and threw him far away. “You are no longer my brother, you are my enemy.” He said to himself as he flew off into the night.



The original “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” characters are owned by Lauren Faust.