• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 427 Views, 4 Comments

Fire and Ice - mumboman123



A mysteriously injured Pegasus is found and it's up to Fluttershy to nurse him back to health.

  • ...
4
 4
 427

A Different Breed

Applejack was working hard on the farm, as she was pulling wagons full of apples and putting them in the barn. As she got down to the last two, she started to pull one to the barn, but noticed this cart was heavier than usual.

“Darn, looks as if I’ve been slackin’ off lately.”

As she kept heading towards the barn, she dropped the cart and lost patience, “Alright, somethin’ ain’t right here, what the heck’s makin’ this thing so heavy.”

She looked down and dug around in the cart to find a hoof in the cart. She angely pulled it out as she revealed a red Pegasus in that was sleeping in the cart.

“Hey, what the hell are you doin’ sleeping in my cart?”

The Pegasus woke up as he struggled to get up, his scaly wing was completely disjointed and broken, and his left leg was impaled. “O-oh! Uh, H-HEY! MCINTOSH! C’MON DOWN HERE, I NEED HELP!” Applejack shouted as he put the Pegasus on her back.

“Hey buddy, can you hear me?”
No response.

McIntosh came rushing up to his sister as he saw what was on his back. “He’s in real bad shape, we gotta get him to the doctor now!” She said as they both nodded and ran off to get help.

About an hour later, the Pegasus woke up to find 5 people crowding him at once.

“G-g-GET AWAY!” he shouted as they all backed up. “W-where am I?” he panted softly.

The purple unicorn of the group spoke up, “You’re in the hospital, you’re lucky to be alive, Applejack and McIntosh over here found you in one of their apple carts bleeding out.”

“Eeyup.” McIntosh added.

The doctor started to explain, “Well, your wing was badly damaged, but we put a cast on that, but the mane problem is your leg, I’ve never seen anything that would puncture that good size of a hole in you. We bandaged it up, but you’re going to have to find a nice place to stay to let it heal, because we can’t really do anything for what we don’t know. Now, do you know what exactly attacked you?”

The Pegasus shivered at the memory of what happened last night, he decided to lay low for a while until he could get back to sieging the castle again, “It was too dark to see… I-I think I was attacked by a monster…”

The doctor started to think. “Hmm... I just wanted to ask one last thing before you go, I’ve never seen your kind before, so what exactly are you?”

The blue Pegasus spoke up, “What do you mean? I was thinking he’s like any other Pegasus. What do you mean by ‘your kind’?”

The red Pegasus spoke up, “Well, I’m a dragon Pegasus.”

Everyone jumped in the room. “Dragon!?!”

“But the only dragon Pegasus I’ve seen are in Equestrian mythology! I can’t believe that there are more!” the doctor exclaimed. “But that’s beside the point, the problem is where are you going to stay?”

Just then, the blue Pegasus got an idea, “He can stay at Fluttershy’s! She won’t mind at all! She’s very caring and would love the idea, in fact I’ll go tell her now!” she said as a rainbow shot from her tail out the door.

“Well, that doesn’t seem too bad, Fluttershy is very warm towards the injured, so I guess it’s a good idea,” said Applejack.

“Then it’s settled. Thank you for your time, and I hope you heal quickly” the doctor said as he left the room.

After checking out of the hospital, the purple unicorn spoke up, “By the way, I never caught your name, so may I ask what it is?”

The red Pegasus looked up and smiled. “My name’s Dragonflare.”

The purple unicorn smiled back, “Nice name, my name is Twilight Sparkle.”

The original “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” characters are owned by Lauren Faust.