• Published 10th Mar 2012
  • 1,904 Views, 31 Comments

Pinkie and the Chocolate Factory - Quill and Brush



Our favorite ponies decide to visit the new Chocolate Factory.

  • ...
2
 31
 1,904

Let's keep it up! Chapter 2

Chocolate Factory walked through the door and into the glaring light. Blizzard let out a groan. “Cocoa, why do you keep the lights so bright in here?”

The six ponies and dragon separating them slowly became accustomed to the bright light. They stumbled in after the leading unicorn. He looked back over his shoulder, not phased in the slightest. “Because it adds to the ambiance of the entrance.”

“And he tells me to be less dramatic,” Blizzard said, rolling her eyes.

Of the tourists, Pinkie’s eyes adjusted the quickest. “Wooooooooah!” The rest of the group quickly followed suit, letting out similar sounds of shock and awe.

Chocolate, still looking over his shoulder, grinned. “I’m glad you like it. Now, feel free to sample anything and everything.”

Pinkie quickly dashed off smiling hugely. Twilight, however, looked at Chocolate with one eyebrow raised quizzically. “What do you mean anything and everything? The only thing that looks edible is the river, the grass, and the flowers. That does not constitute an ‘anything and everything’.”

“Right you are, my little unicorn friend! But, in all actuality, this entire ROOM is edible. This is my storehouse for all things that are edible, but don’t look edible. I love edible things.”

“Riiight.” As Twilight looked around the room, the rest of the group began to make their way into the field. It was interesting. There was a brown river running through the center of a large field that seemed overrun with flowers. On the far side of the room, there was a forest with what appeared to be incredibly dense undergrowth. On the right, the brown river met with a large body of the brown liquid. There was a large, clear tube coming down from the ceiling into the water. On the left, there was a small mountain range. The river began here, falling down off of a cliff. There was a path leading from the door that they just passed through leading across a bridge over the river and into the forest on the far side.

Pinkie had run straight to the river and was now drinking it through a swizzle straw. Blizzard, standing next to Chocolate and looking out over the room, looked puzzled. “Where did she get that? I didn’t see it when they came in?”

Chocolate chuckled. “I like her already!”

Rarity was a little ways off, daintily nibbling on a flower. Applejack had made her way over to the forest and was staring at an apple tree at the edge of the forest. Rainbow Dash was hovering near one of the mountains, staring at a large rock. Fluttershy was standing near the large lake.

Rainbow Dash shouted over at Chocolate from the mountain. “You said everything in this room was edible, right?”

“Indeed I did,” he shouted back. “Those rocks are a personal favorite of mine!”

Rainbow shook her head. “If you say so.” She took a tentative lick. “Hey, that’s not bad! And my tongue is popping!”

Chocolate grinned. “Well they are pop rocks.”

Pinkie raised her head up and inhaled deeply. “Wow! That’s even better than Discord’s chocolate rain!”

Chocolate shifted his attention to the pink pony. “Chocolate rain, now that’s an idea. We need to get working on that, Icy.”

“Of course we do, Cocoa.” Blizzard looked and sounded slightly exasperated.

Applejack backed up to the apple tree and gave it swift kick, causing a single apple to fall onto her waiting hoof. She took a bite, before her eyes flew wide open. "It's a caramel apple without the caramel! How'd you do that?"

Chocolate grinned. "That, my dear, is a trade secret." He then turned and winked at Blizzard, who just shook her head.

Applejack turned back to her apple, scarfed it down quickly, and knocked another one out of the tree. Spike took off to join her, and Twilight levitated one over.

Fluttershy stuck a cautious hoof into the lake and brought it to her mouth. Her eyes flew open and lit up. "This... this is amazing! I... I want... MOAR!!" She jumped into the air and dove down into the lake.

Blizzard swung her head over at the sound of the splash. "Oh my Celestia, she just dove into the lake!" A whirring sound emanated from the ceiling. "And the collector is starting up!" She turned to Chocolate. "We have to do something!"

Twilight's ears perked up. "Why? What's going to happen?"

"Oh, nothing, really." Chocolate's horn lit up in a brown aura with swirls of dark red and light blue. A grating sound began from below Rainbow Dash, causing her to cease her attack on the rocks she was hovering over. A cave opened up at the base of the mountain, and a horde of small gray ponies swarmed out, making their way towards the center of the room. They all looked exactly the same, with pale gray coats, blonde manes, and yellow eyes that were permanently crossed. They converged on the center of the room and looked towards where Chocolate was standing. One stepped to the front of the group and saluted. "One of our guests has fallen into the chocolate lake. See to it that she isn't hurt." The pony in the front saluted again, and the horde swarmed off, a few towards the lake, but mostly into the forest.

Applejack looked up as they passed her. "What was that?"

Chocolate chuckled. "Oh, they're just my little minions. They help out around the Factory, and do whatever dirty work I need done."

The group of Minions that headed towards the lake stopped at the edge and stared out towards the clear tube hanging down towards the lake. The tube began to extend towards the lake, just barely entering the the large collection of molten chocolate. The brown liquid began to fill the tube, rocketing skyward. Suddenly, a flash of pink emerged through the brown, followed by a splotch of yellow. Four yellow dots met the wall of the tube and stayed there for a moment before gradually sliding up the walls of the tube.

Chocolate watched in awe as the raw power of the suction tube that he created with his bare horn rendered all resistance futile. Blizzard shook her head. "There she goes."

Pinkie ran up beside the minions and stared as Fluttershy was taken into the ceiling. "Fluttershy!"

Twilight turned towards Chocolate and Blizzard. "Will she be alright? Where is she going?"

Blizzard looked at Chocolate and, noticing that he was still enthralled, she then turned to Twilight. "She'll be fine. She's just going to the assembly room. The Minions will stop her before she gets to packaging."

Twilight blinked. "Oh, okay then."

The pale yellow hooves finally disappeared into the ceiling and the tube began to rise. Once the remainder of the chocolate in the tube was brought into the ceiling and the vacuum shut off, Chocolate quickly looked away from the tube and gazed out at the remainder of tourists. "Well, let's get going. We've got a lot of Factory to see." Blizzard sighed and facehoofed.

Chocolate began to make his way across the room with Blizzard at his side. Twilight followed after a moment's hesitation. Rarity fell in beside them as they passed her. Pinkie galloped over to them and met up as they were crossing the river using the quaint bridge in the exact center of the room. Rainbow flew over and landed beside Applejack as the group arrived at the edge of the forest. Chocolate led the group of six ponies and one dragon through the forest until he came to a door on a particularly large tree. He stopped and looked around him. "Come on, come closer." Blizzard lifted off and hovered above Chocolate, followed shortly by Rainbow as the other five crowded around Chocolate. "That's better." He opened the door with a flourish and the light from within blinded all six remaining tourists.