• Published 23rd Nov 2013
  • 1,295 Views, 19 Comments

Secrets, Truths, and Retribution - Wannabe Scholar



Princess Celestia has kept many secrets from those around her, even from her faithful student. One secret, a human whom Celestia brought to Equestria, has suddenly appeared on the doorstep of the Crystal, where Princess Twilight Sparkle is resting.

  • ...
5
 19
 1,295

Prologue

BAM!

Princess Celestia was surprised by the crash of the double doors, bringing an abrupt end to her daily routine of signing papers. While she kept her magical grip on her quill, her advisor dropped her papers with a startled gasp. Celestia could only wonder what was going on.

“You can’t come in here!” she heard Shining Armor shout.

Celestia looked at the entrance to see a crowd of her golden-armored royal guards, her captain at the head. They were surrounding the source of the supposed trouble, trying to prevent that pony from entering. It was not an easy task as the guards were having a hard time subduing said pony.

From the grunting and shouting, one voice shouted–no bellowed–over the others, “GET OFF ME!”

Celestia’s eyes widen. It would have been unrecognizable from the volume and it took her a while, but she knew who it was. “Guards, stop!” she ordered, standing from her throne.

Thankfully, the princess’ voice had been heard over the ruckus. The royal guards stepped aside, though with much confusion, especially with Shining Armor. Now, Celestia could see who it was standing before her.

The intruding pony was not really a pony, but a biped being. His mane was short with a raven black color, and his face had a fading red hue over the usually tanned skin. Most of his body was covered in clothing: a simple white suit of those of nobility completed with matching pants to cover his two legs.

Celestia’s eyes met with the blues glaring at her with accusation. This being, this human, gave off waves of hatred and the Princess suspected as to why.

“Everypony, leave us,” she ordered, her gaze never deterred.

Shining Armor raised an eyebrow. “Princess?”

“I said leave us,” Celestia repeated much more sternly. When they remained still, she spoke softly and sincerely. “He will not harm me. Now go.”

Now, the guards took their leave of the throne room and one by one, they were gone. Even the princess’ advisor left, though in a rush to avoid whatever was about to follow. Shining Armor, the last one, was at the door when he casted a glare of suspicion to the human. “Let us know if anything happens, princess,” the captain told her.

“I will, Captain. Thank you,” his princess replied, her gaze still on the human.

The doors closed behind Shining Armor, leaving the two alone in the throne room. For a moment, there was a silence that hung in the chamber. That was until the human spoke.

“’I won’t harm you?’” he repeated with a sneer. “What makes you think I won’t now, Celestia?”

Celestia calmly reminded, “I control the sun here. You realize I have enough power to do more than stop you.”

“Yeah, I do,” the human snorted, the soles of his shoes clicking on the floor as he walked to Celestia. “Do you know why I’m here?”

Though she suspected, the princess masked it with a reply of “I’m afraid I don’t.”

The human’s face twitched a bit, but he decided to humor the princess. “I was in the library, talking with Luna. We were discussing about teleportation spells when she told me something very interesting,” he barked a bitter laugh. “She told me the reason my being here in your god-forsaken kingdom, Celestia.”

Now, Celestia’s mask was broken with a look of surprise and even fear in her eyes. If the human noticed, he just stared back at her and continued. “A year ago, an alicorn princess had been testing with an advance spell. However, it had an unknown side-effect: it brought an other-worldly being here… that being was me.”

The human pointed an accusing finger at Princess Celestia. “My reason for being here is you! You stole me from my home!”

Celestia wanted to speak but could only stare. There was so much anger in the human’s voice, anger she had never seen before. It was like a burning fire or venom than just mere rage like Sombra was known for.

Lowering his arm, the human let out a dark chuckle. “And you know what else? I just learned that you personally kept that a secret from me! You tried to make sure I would not find out! All the scrolls hidden, all the guards silenced, and even your own sister was in on it!”

The princess opened her mouth to speak. “Please listen, Da–”

“No!” he cut her off. “You have no right to speak! Not you, of all beings!”

Eyes widen with surprise, Celestia remained silent as the human continued. Though powerful as she was, the princess was unable to fight back and let herself be humbled by the human before her.

“A year, Celestia–an entire year you kept this from me!” the human roared with outrage. “Was I just some sort of lab rat to you?! Did our friendship not mean anything?! What right do you have to keep this from me?! WHAT RIGHT?!”

The last words echoing off the walls, Celestia hung her head in shame. Everything the human said was true to the letter. She brought him here, and she hid that truth from him. And what buried the proverbial knife into Celestia’s heart was that the human was right.

“I’m sorry,” was all the princess could say.

The human snorted at that, grabbing and yanking his tie off from his suit. Soon, his jacket came off and joined with it on the floor. The sound of clicking echoed again, but this time, it was away from Celestia. The doors slammed opened again and the Princess raised her head to see the human bounded down the halls of the Canterlot Palace.

The royal guards then came into view of the opened doors, each one armed with their spear and ready to pursue the human. “Let him go!” Celestia ordered, gaining her guards’ attentions. “He’s to be left alone. No guards are to stop him from leaving.”

Once again, the guards were confused, yet ran about the halls to carry out their orders. The princess stepped down from her majestic throne and head towards one of the many glass windows. She stopped and stared down at the floor with a somber gaze. Shining Armor, the only pony who did not leave, approached her.

“Are you alright, your highness?” Shining Armor asked with concern.

Celestia raised her gaze, but kept it fixed on the glass window in front. “I will be fine, Shining Armor. I just wish to be alone,” she spoke in a quiet tone.

Nodding, the captain turned around, only sparing a small glance to the princess. He slowly trotted out of the throne room and the doors quietly closed behind him, leaving the princess in the following silence.

Left alone, Celestia let out of a sigh and her eyes were filled with sadness. In the thousand years of her reign, the great Sun Princess had lost another close to her… And this time, she was not sure if he would be return.

“Goodbye, my friend,” Celestia whispered as a small tear ran down her fur. However, she only heard the chamber’s silence.

Author's Note:

There's the prologue. I know it's not great and needs work, and I plan to edit the prologue later on, but I'll leave the criticism up to you, the readers. Please leave kind reviews, and if you have any problems, please leave constructive criticism to let me know what to fix. Thank you very much.

-W.S.