• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 800 Views, 3 Comments

In The Time Trap - The Master Whoovian



The adventures of the fourth doctor through Equestria!

  • ...
4
 3
 800

Tea With a Zebra

=Gaia, Equestria, Everfree Forest, Outside Zecora’s Hut, 1003 C.E.=

The Doctor, who was obviously panicked, charged through the forest at top speed, with Romana following him closely. Suddenly, the Doctor screeched to a stop in front of a tree. Romana stopped too and saw that the tree was made into a hut, with very tribal decorations. They both made the connection: house = person living in it = somebody telling them what is going on. “Well then, let’s knock, shall we?” said the Doctor as he approached the door. “I should think so,” said Romana in reply.

They walked up and knocked on the door. It was answered by not pony, but a zebra. They could tell by the gray stripes all over her body, and the similar white and gray Mohawk-styled mane. Like the both of them, she had an odd marking on her flank, hers being a gray spiral, surrounded by gray points.

The Doctor smiled. “Hello, I’m the Doctor and this is Romana, and we’re here to discuss life in general. May we come in-Oh thank you so very much-Come on Romana.” The Doctor than pushed past the zebra and entered the home, leaving her baffled.

The Doctor looked at the even more tribal decorated interior of the house as Romana entered as well. The last to come in was the zebra, who looked rather annoyed.

“Hello, Ms. Zebra. No that’s terrible. What is your name?” the Doctor said, addressing the zebra.

The zebra took a deep breath. “I often only speak in rhyme, to find one for my name, I haven’t the time.”

“Well you don’t need to speak in rhyme if you only say one sentence, so what’s you name?” the Doctor asked.

The zebra took another deep breath, but this time with Romana accompanying her.” My name is Zecora.” The zebra said,” Since there’s no point in asking you to leave, would you sit down and have some tea?”

The Doctor smiled,” Well that’s only half a rhyme, but certainly!” At this, the three of them sat down at a table and Zecora poured some tea. How she was able to do this with her hooves intrigued the Doctor.

Romana began the conversation. “So Ms. Zecora, we are… new around here and would like to know more about this place.” It was the best she could come up with that wouldn’t sound stupid to the zebra.

“Nearby is a town named Ponyville, where I often go to get supplies that cure what makes ponies ill,” said Zecora. Once again, the Doctor was intrigued, but this time by how this zebra could think up rhymes so quickly.

“Well, yes, that seems like something anybody would know about,” said the Doctor. He paused when he saw the confused look on Zecora’s face.

It was Romana who figured it out first. “Doctor, I think you are using the wrong terminology. This is a dimension of ponies, so they probably say anypony instead of anybody.”

“Ahhhhhhh…” the Doctor said while nodding, “makes sense.” Then, out of nowhere, the Doctor suddenly fell to the floor in pain once again.

Zecora looked at him with worry. “Is your friend alright? Is there something I could give him to make him better before night?”

“Honestly, I don’t think there’d be anything that could cure what’ wrong with him,” Romana said, although wincing in pain herself.

As the Doctor’s pain began to recede, he knew he had to cut this conversation short and find the time distortions, before it killed them both.

=Unknown Time and Place=

Amidst the stone walls of a ruined structure was a glowing golden haze that made its way through the halls. It froze as it watched the Doctor’s actions through a crystal-ball-sort-of-thing in its center.

“Good, Doctor. You’re coming my way. But so far, you lack true incentive. I shall prepare another time bubble,” it said as it roamed the corridors. It suddenly glowed with brighter intensity, sending a ring of golden energy in the direction of the Doctor’s current location. It seemed to be pained at this, as it shivered and receded slightly. “I MUST FEED! I MUST FEED!” it bellowed as it grew back to normal size.

=Gaia, Equestria, Everfree Forest, Zecora’s Hut, 1003 C.E.=

The Doctor slowly sat up as he returned to full health.” Miss Zecora, we need to leave, as there’s something we desperately need to do…” he paused as something terrible began to happen.

Zecora’s house began to disappear. All the walls and decorations vanished into nothing, with Zecora only being able to watch helplessly. The pain returned, being unbearable for both the Doctor and Romana. It stopped for them,a nd appeared to go into Zecora. As they watched helplessly, a ball of golden energy appeared on the ground, reshaping into a stone. Zecora collapsed onto the stone, and writhed in pain horribly as she glowed gold.

“Doctor, we have to help her!” Romana said as she rushed over to her zebra acquaintance.

Suddenly, Zecora shot up, golden gas flying from her mouth. Then a voice came out of her mouth that was not her own. “Come to find me. Come to find me,” then Zecora fell down. She looked up at the Doctor confusedly. Then, her head went to the side as she appeared to forget ever seeing them.

“Where am I? How did I get here? Oh, I have to escape!” she said in a panicked tone as she wandered away into the forest.

The Doctor looked at Romana. “It appears that if we want to help her, we have to find out what did it to her. She couldn’t even remember how to rhyme!”

A golden door appeared before them, and they walked out of it in search of the thing that took over Zecora. As they left, evil laughter came from everywhere and echoed through the forest.