• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 798 Views, 3 Comments

In The Time Trap - The Master Whoovian



The adventures of the fourth doctor through Equestria!

  • ...
4
 3
 798

The Infinite Terror

=Gaia, Equestria, Everfree Forest, Time Clearing, 1003 C.E.=

“Who is it, who’s coming for us?” Romana asked

The mare didn’t answer. She just looked around wildly, with a confused look in her eyes. She seemed to have forgotten talking to them in the first place, or had just not understood what it was she said. She became panicked, panting as she darted out of the clearing into the dense forestry.

“Arghhh, come back here!” the Doctor yelled in a frustrated tone as he and Romana darted off in her direction.

Less than 30 seconds later, they are back in the clearing from a completely different angle then they had originally left from. The Doctor looked around for a moment before he groaned unhappily.

“I have to get out of here!” the mare said, running back into the forest for the second time in less than a minute. The Doctor groaned once again and tried to follow her, but Romana stopped him.

“That’s not really necessary, Doctor. She’s been drained of energy, so she won’t go very far. Plus, she always ends up at the same place, so we know she can’t get far,” she said.

At that moment, the mare once again came into the clearing and once again tried to escape into the forest, but the Doctor simply grabbed her and held her back.

“Let me go! I have to get out of this place!” The mare turned and her eyes widened. “You’re real, other ponies!” she said with disbelief in her voice.

“Well, you could technically say that…” Romana said

The mare walked up to them and poked them, obviously not sure that they were actually real.

The Doctor grabbed her hoof and pushed it away. “Let’s do introductions. I’m the Doctor, this is Romana, what’s your name?”

The mare’s eyes got even bigger as she backed up. “I… don’t know,” she said sadly, “I don’t remember anything about anything.”

“Well, that doesn’t surprise me much at all. The Golden Vapor of Evil strikes again, I suppose. Well, technically, you’ve most likely been here longer. I wonder how long you’ve been here. Of course, you wouldn’t remember at all.” The Doctor said curiously.

The mare looked at him, ”Do you know how to escape?”

“Maybe,” the Doctor said. He pulled his pocket off his flank. He reached in, and pulled out is sonic screwdriver.

=Unknown Place and Time=

The golden gas continued to proceed through the halls of the ruined structure, and continued to watch the Doctor’s actions. “Very good, Doctor. You are finally in my grasp. Your curiosity has killed you quite evenly. Well, I better go greet him.”

I t flew away, stopping in the center of the castle, which was a large and dilapidated throne room. The Doctor would arrive here, and then he would die. No even worse than death. He will be fed upon.”

=Gaia, Equestria, Everfree Forest, Time Clearing, 1003 C.E.=

The Doctor waved around the buzzing sonic screwdriver, scanning the whole area. After a few minutes, he brought it down, looking at the reading on it. “Hmm, that’s not good,” he said.

“What is it?” Romana asked.

“remember when we were at Zecora’s hut, and it disappeared around us? Well, it didn’t disappear. We did. We went into a different plain of reality created by the Golden Vapor. The golden door behind us allowed us to leave. That’s why we can’t escape. The time bubbles are small. That’s where the thing that did this is. In a place that’s right here and not here at the same time.” The Doctor said in a rushed tone.

Romana nodded to show that she understood. “So what do we do now?” she asked

“Well, I’m using the sonic screwdriver to lock onto the normal reality,” the Doctor said, raising the sonic screwdriver.

The mare had looked confused the entire time they were talking. “So, what does that mean?” she asked.

“This,” the Doctor said. At that moment, the clearing they were in began to vanish, being replaced by stone walls. The room fully took shape as that of a ruined throne room. Standing over them was a golden ball of energy.

“Bravo, Doctor,” it said,” you have found me. Welcome to my castle. Welcome to my feeding grounds. And welcome to your grave.”

At that moment, the Doctor and Romana became surrounded by golden energy, and golden vapor flew out of their mouths into the golden ball. It gave the impression of grinning as it sucked the life out of the Doctor and Romana.