• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 798 Views, 3 Comments

In The Time Trap - The Master Whoovian



The adventures of the fourth doctor through Equestria!

  • ...
4
 3
 798

The Timberwolf Terror

Author's Note:

Sorry about the insane daily for updating this story, family and school comes first.

=Gaia, Equestria, Everfree Forest, Timberwolf Territory, 1003 C.E.=

The Doctor muttered to himself as he rushed through the forest. “That voice… I’ve heard it before. I know what it was. But, no, how could it be in this dimension? It couldn’t be…” Suddenly he heard Romana yelp behind him.

When he looked behind him, he saw Romana pointing up. When he looked up, he saw creatures he had never seen before (which was saying something, even if it was an alternate dimension). They were wolves. Wolves that were made of wood. Wolves that looked like they were a lot of tgs held together by vines. They were glowing a golden color and pulsating like a heart beat.

The Doctor groaned. “It is impossible for me to be right, isn’t it?”

=Unknown Time and Place=

The mysterious golden ball watched the event in the crystal ball in its center. “Do not kill them. Simply give them a push in the correct direction.”

It continued down the halls of the ruins it inhabited. “I will have you soon Doctor. Then I will feed. I will feed forever…”

=Gaia, Equestria, Everfree Forest, Timberwolf Territory, 1003 C.E.=

The Doctor looked for a way to defeat the wooden wolves that were circling him at every possible angle. He looked directly into the mouth of the one in front of him, then an idea popped into his head. “I’ve got it! I’ll use the sonic screwdriver to disrupt the psychic frequency holding them together!”

“Well, where is the sonic screwdriver?” Romana asked.

The Doctor’s face fell. “It would be in my pocket, but I don’t even know where my coat is…” He touched the left side of his flank, and then all of a sudden, a piece of fabric stretched off of it. It was part of the Doctor’s coat that had his pocket on it. “Well… that was very odd,” he said, not sure whether or not to be disgusted by the event that had just occurred. He reached into the pocket and, after a minute, pulled out the sonic screwdriver. He started pressing buttons on it rapidly.

“Doctor, hurry!” screamed Romana as the Timberwolves advanced on them.

“Got it!” the Doctor said as he raised the screwdriver and activated it (how he did it with know fingers, he didn’t figure out). All the Timberwolves shook like a dog after hearing a deafening ringing sound, and collapsed to pieces.

The Doctor smiled, placed the sonic screwdriver back into his pocket, and pushed it against his flank, which molded back together with the pocket. “Still, very odd.” He sighed. They then continued on their uncertain path.

=Unknown Time and Place=

“Good, good,” said the golden ball, still surveying the Doctor closely, “I’ll just turn them a few times and then I’ll have them. I must be quick. These measly feedings will not hold me for a very long time.”

With that he turned over to a section of the wall, and from it he absorbed all the collective energy of the ponies in his grasp.

=Gaia, Equestria, Everfree Forest, Timberwolf Territory, 1003 C.E.=

The Doctor and Romana continued on their way. “You know, I wonder why we never considered bringing K-9 with us,” Romana said.

The Doctor stopped. “It don’t know. I do know that he won’t be able to catch up with us at this rate. Too bad, he would have come in handy.”

Out of nowhere, more Timberwolves appeared in a flash of golden light. The two travelers jumped back and prepared for a fight, but the Timberwolves simply hissed at them and slunk back into the shadows.

“I think they’re telling us to go the other way,” Romana said.

“As much as it’s my specialty and all, I don’t we should defy them,” the Doctor said.

They took off in the other direction, once again hearing the evil laughter from everywhere.

=Gaia, Equestria, Everfree Forest, Outside the Time Bubble, 1003 C.E.=

“I can sense it. We’re incredibly close,” the Doctor said. He and Romana stepped forward, suddenly feeling and seeing golden fluxuations in time and space appear around them as they walked through a barrier. Although not as bad as the first three times, the pain returned. They walked into a small clearing, only to see something familiar.

In the center of the clearing, there was a stone. The stone violently glowed in a golden aura and was shaking around, but the pony sitting on it didn’t seem to mind. This pony had a golden yellow coat, a gray scale rainbow mane, was dressed in safari garb, and had a stream of golden vapor coming from her mouth. Suddenly, the voice they kept on hearing came out of the pony’s mouth, “You found me Doctor. I’m right on top of you. Now you just have to find out how to get to me.”

The vapor stopped, allowing the pony to see and speak to the Doctor and Romana. She blinked, not sure if they were real, then a frightened look crossed her face, “Please, help me. It’s coming to take me and eat me. It doesn’t want me anymore, it wants you. IT’S COMING FOR US ALL!”