• Published 19th Nov 2013
  • 1,989 Views, 52 Comments

The Doctor and the Pegasus - RandomHamster33



The Doctor, The Oncoming Storm, the last Time Lord. . . whatever he is called, there is one thing he will always be: someone who needs a companion. Whatever species it is, they are special.

  • ...
11
 52
 1,989

Great. *sigh*

Rainbow Dash raced through the town, winding around buildings and through crowds of ponies. If she was to get to the library, she was going to do it in style. As she saw the tree house in the distance, she slowed, getting to just the right speed to where she only barely broke the door off its hinges. The smashed piece of wood broke apart, and was flung halfway across the room. Twilight Sparkle barely managed to get out of the way before she was impaled on a shard of it. The surprised unicorn looked over at Dash, who was busy shaking out her mane. She ran a hoof though it and hovered over to Twilight.

"Have you seen a stallion called the Doctor?" Rainbow Dash demanded, grabbing Twilight by the shoulders and shaking her about. The purple unicorn pointed to the other side of the room, where said pony was just walking out of it. His eyes went big and he shot out the empty doorframe, followed closely by the pegasus, who had just dropped Twilight unceremoniously on the floor.

"Stay away from me you crazy pony!" the Doctor shouted, galloping through the streets of Ponyville.

"CRAZY?! You're gonna regret that! And everything else!" she yelled, flying closer to tackle him. As the two sped around the town, three fillies were hearing the commotion and were trying to look for it.

"What do you think it is?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Um, you might want to look that way," Applebloom said, taking the smaller unicorn's head and turning it the other direction. The Cutie Mark Crusaders watched as Rainbow Dash chased the Time Lord through the streets.

"Ah, I see." Sweetie nodded.

"Come on! Let's get a better view!" Scootaloo told them, hopping onto a barrel. She motioned with her hoof for them to follow. The small pegasus buzzed her wings, lifting herself just enough to get herself to the edge of the roof of a house. She hauled herself up, and then turned to help Applebloom and Sweetie Belle.

"So, basically we're going to watch somepony get beat up?" Applebloom asked.

"Yep!"

"Sounds good." They got comfortable and Sweetie Belle pulled popcorn out from behind her.

"Uh! Where did I park the TARDIS?!" the Doctor wailed, running down yet another street in vain attempt to find the spacecraft.

"Your box won't save you from the wrath of my hoof this time!" Dash shouted.

"That box is the best ship in the universe and if you think it won't stop me from getting punched in the face by some crazy equine, then you better be happy I'm not a violent person!" He took a flying leap across a small stream crossing through town and disappeared down an alley. Rainbow rounded the corner and stopped abruptly.

He was gone.

"For the love of Celestia!" she yelled, throwing her hooves into the air in outrage. She landed and started to search through the various bushes clustered around the houses. The pegasus huffed angrily, smoke coming of her nostrils she was so angry. She should've just beaten the fudge of him right when she saw him, not chase him through town, playing a cat-and-mouse game of tag. "If you don't come out I will. . " She stopped, not sure what to threaten him with. "I'll. . . uh, fine! Forget it!" She angrily flew off, going to search for Scootaloo. As she disappeared into town, the brown stallion suddenly appeared. He coughed a few times, dropping the sonic screwdriver on the ground as it burned him. He examined the burnt pattern in his hoof and glanced down at the probe. It was destroyed; the cloaking device he had put on it wasn't developed for it yet. He would have to work on that.

"Great. Just fantastic. No screwdriver, and an insane pegasus after me. Good job, Doctor, for getting yourself into this mess," the Time Lord muttered to himself. He kicked the burnt out probe into the bushes then hurried off, the burning sensation in his hoof driving him back to the TARDIS. The Doctor scurried about, searching for the space ship. He eventually found it, sitting exactly where he left it. When he got inside, he rummaged around in a bin underneath the paneling of the floor. His only first-aid kit was in here, as usually his injuries weren't that severe, and if they were, well. . . he knew what happened then. He rubbed some ointment on it and bandaged it, then went to work fixing the TARDIS. She was still buzzing randomly, sparks falling from the ceiling as she tried to heal herself. The Doctor stroked her console, then pressed his face against it. "Shh, shh, it'll be okay old girl. Everything's fine now; well, hopefully. Once I get a new sonic screwdriver, I'll do a quick scan of the area. You always bring me to where I need to be." The screen flashed on and off, making the Time Lord pull away from the console. It was dark already. He turned away, going to go get do some more research.

What he didn't notice was the blonde girl yelling at him from the repeatedly flashing screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, any luck?" Scootaloo asked her idol, who was busy drinking a milkshake angrily at the other side of the table. Rainbow Dash released the straw from her mouth, leaning back against the bright pink chair.

"No. I was so close, but I messed around and didn't get him," she replied, shifting her wings as she leaned forward again, sipping her chocolate-fudge-caramel-mint-birthday cake-coconut-banana-chip milkshake. It was a flavor she herself had made up one day. She had just broken her wing and Pinkie Pie wanted to make her feel better. She had told Dash she could design any kind of milkshake she wanted, and that's when the chocolate-fudge-caramel-mint-birthday cake-coconut-banana-chip milkshake was born. Now whenever she was having a bad day, Sugar Cube Corner was where the pegasus went.

"Oh. I mean, bad for you, good for him, as he probably didn't want to get injured," Sweetie Belle observed. She held out the bucket of popcorn from earlier, offering some to Dash. She reached forward and took a hoof full, throwing it into her mouth in one swift motion.

"I don't care whether or not he doesn't want to hurt. It is going to happen, no matter how long it takes." Rainbow stretched her wings, putting her back hooves up on the table, front hooves behind her head. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"Is tomorrow's flying lesson still on?" Scootaloo asked, sitting up in her seat eagerly.

"Of course! Searching for the Doctor is just a hobby." She waved a hoof through the air absent mindedly, then fell asleep.

"Well, what to do next?" Applebloom asked, leaping out of her seat.

"How about Cutie Mark Crusaders Cave Explorers?" Sweetie Belle suggested. Scootaloo and Applebloom glanced at each other.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS CAVE EXPLORERS YAY!" the three yelled, clapping hooves.

"Keep it down you crazy kids!" an older mare shouted back, hobbling out of the store as her ears pounded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on, please?" Applebloom begged, putting her front hooves together as she pleaded. Applejack looked down at her younger sister, a frown on her face.

"Ah don't think that'd be safe for you," the older mare told her. She walked off towards the next tree.

"We'll be careful! There are three of us! It's safe!" The fillies then stacked themselves in pyramid formation, getting up to Applejack's height. Applebloom squeezed her sister's cheeks together, looking into her green eyes. "Come on! It's fine! PPPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEE?"

"Ahhabuhm, het gur uf mah fsh." She pawed at the small yellow hooves on her cheeks and stretched her jaw by opening her mouth widely. "Better." She bumped Applebloom onto her back and bounced her a few times.

"Applejack! Please?"

"Yeah, AJ, please?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Scootaloo fluttered her wings, hopping around. "Pretty please with apples on top?" Applebloom jumped down next to her friends.

As she looked down at the three wide eyed fillies, she sighed. "Fine, you can use the old cave equipment. It's a little dusty. We haven't used it in a while. Be careful."

"YAY!" they cheered. Applejack cringed. They started running off towards the old shed, their voices getting softer as they disappeared through the trees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hurry Applebloom! We need to leave before three!" Scootaloo called from outside the store. They were sitting along the wall of the hardware store, waiting for Applebloom to get some more supplies.

"Just a moment!" the filly called back.

As they waited, Sweetie Belle kicked a rock around. She hit it into the bushes, and went to get it. "Sweetie, it's just a rock!" Scootaloo watched as the small unicorn rummaged around in the leaves looking for it.

"But I like it! I think I'll keep it," she said, lodging herself farther into the bush. Scootalo sighed and leaned against the wall, crossing her hooves over her chest. "Whoa! Scootaloo, take a look at this!"

"What? Another rock?" The pegasus fell back down onto all fours only to have something skinny and silver pushed under her nose. She grabbed Sweetie's hoof and brought it lower so she could she whatever she was holding. "What in Equestria is that?"

"I don't know! How should I?" Sweetie Belle grunted, puffing her cheeks out. Her horn sparked, and the magic flowed through it, picking up the strange object and hovering it in mid-air.

"You know, it's been really useful, you finally learning how to use magic." Scootaloo examined the skinny thing floating in the air. "Have any ideas?"

"No."

"But you're supposed to be the smart one!"

"I have a large vocabulary, that's pretty much it. Applebloom's the math whiz. And I reckon that this is something math-y!"

"I don't know. Looks more science-y to me."

"What looks science-y?" Applebloom asked as she came up behind the two. As the object was suddenly flung at her, the filly dropped her bag of tools.

"Oops, sorry. Hard to use this thing still," the unicorn apologized. She picked it up again, green magic fizzing before settling to a constant shifting aura.

"What is this?" Applebloom raised an eyebrow.

"We have no clue."

"It looks all space-age-y though," Scootaloo said.

"Kinda like a pen," Sweetie Belle added.

"A weird pen? Seems a bit too advanced for a pen. And it has a bunch of buttons," Applebloom pointed out.

"Yeah. . . ooh, I know!" The two other fillies looked over at Sweetie Belle, who was bursting with excitement.

"Well?" Scootaloo prompted, rolling one hoof in the air, beckoning for an answer, which seemed to be stuck on the unicorn's tongue.

"Get on with it girl!" Applebloom yelled.

"F-future! It comes from the future!" Sweetie shouted. At her excitement, her magical concentration shifted, and the object wobbled in the air. "I mean, look at it! Futuristic looking, right?" She developed a more serious tone. The sun shifted in the sky, causing Sweetie's face to be cast in shadow. "Aliens."

"Aliens? In Ponyville?" Applebloom deadpanned. She glanced at Scootaloo, one eyebrow raised. The pegasus shrugged.

"Think about it though. Random, weirdo pony who doesn't know where he is, what year he's in, appears out of nowhere with a really tiny blue box! Doesn't it seem alien to you?"

"Sweetie Belle, are you implying that the Doctor is an alien?" Scootaloo asked. Sweetie nodded furiously, unable to talk anymore because of her energy. "Applebloom?"

"Um. . . it does seem kinda odd, if you really think about it," the filly answered.

"Okaaaayy. . ." Scootaloo nodded slowly, trying to think. "You know what? I think we should go and talk to the Doctor!"

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER ALIEN HUNTERS YAY!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just shift the temporal balance. . . aha! There we go! All fixed up! Good to go! Now, new sonic screwdriver. Must get that done," the Doctor said to himself, hurrying about the TARDIS to get things accomplished. He pulled a few levers, pressed a few buttons, and rolled a little ball. A small sound was heard, and the words "SONIC SCREWDRIVER: 0% COMPLETED" appeared in Gallifreyan on the small screen. The Doctor smiled and stood right next to the console, waiting. After about a minute he grabbed his head, groaning. "Ah! I can't wait here any longer! How much left?" He looked at the screen. SONIC SCREWDRIVER: .1% COMPLETED. The Doctor groaned and let his head flop onto the console. "Ouch." He picked his head up and looked around. Then back at the screen. Then around the TARDIS. Then back at the screen. He tapped his hoof furiously on the console, biting his lip. Then he threw his arms up, crying out in frustration. "I can't take it anymore! I've got to do something!" Flying towards the door, he reached for the handle-only to find himself on the floor with a hurt nose because he was going to fast, and his vision was off. "Darn pony sight!" He leaped up, went for the handle again, and threw the door open.

He was immediately met with the sight of three fillies at his doorway.

The Doctor hopped back, startled. He quickly positioned himself so that they wouldn't be able to see inside his TARDIS. "What do you want?"

"Have we ever told you that you have a really funny accent?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Oi! Watch it!" He glared down at the fillies. "So, tell me, what do you need?"

"We wanted to know if you were an alien," Scootaloo said. Applebloom quickly put her hoof over the pegasus's mouth and smiled.

"Uh, what she meant to say was, um, hello?" Applebloom lied, her voice increasing in pitch.

"Right. . . bye!" The Doctor slammed the blue door in their faces, and leaned against it. His eyes went wide and he took a deep breath. "No, no, no, no! We can't have these fillies knowing! Okay, I'll have to play it cool." He was about to open the door again when he realized his tie was ripped. "Hmm. I think it's time to change." He flicked open a box and searched through it, finding a new tie and collar. He slipped them on, tightening the knot. The Time Lord looked in a mirror, checking out his pony form. He ran a hoof through his mane, stopping at his sideburns. "Well, don't think you see many ponies with sideburns, but oh well." He sighed. "Still not ginger. Blast!" Glancing at his tail, he saw an hourglass on his flank. "Ah, this cutie mark I read about. Suits me. Time Lord-hourglass." He pondered it for a moment. "Yep, suits me." The Doctor finally opened the door, and saw the fillies still sitting there. His ears fell against his head. "And I was hoping you'd gone."

"Why'd you leave, hmm? Nervous we found out your secret?" Scootaloo questioned. The Doctor looked at her.

"What secret?" He quickly left the TARDIS and closed the door before they could get a good look inside.

"You know, the you being an alien."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Uh why am I scared about three little fillies thinking I'm an alien? Kids are very imaginative.

"Oh yeah? Sweetie Belle, show him the thing."

"Alright. Here it is," she said, holding up the screwdriver with her magic. The Doctor's breathing hitched, surprised at seeing the thing he had just kicked under some bushed earlier today.

"Where'd you find that?" he demanded, a little too harshly.

"Oh? Recognize somethin'?" Applebloom asked slyly.

"N-no!" Blast! Stop stuttering, you idiot! These are children! They don't know what they're talking about. . . But they've deciphered enough to know that YOU ARE an ALIEN. AH! Voices inside my head, stop arguing!

"Are you sure about that?" Scootaloo probed.

"Yes! And I would know because even if I was an alien I probably wouldn't know what a sonic screwdriver is!" He took a step, then stopped. Oh my god what have you done. You MORON. The Doctor face hoofed himself, groaning loudly. "Why would you do that you stupid brain."

"You're an alien! You're an alien!" Sweetie Belle shouted, bouncing around.

The Time Lord quickly put his hoof up to his mouth. "Shh." The unicorn suddenly stopped, confused.

"You're actually an alien, aren't you?" Scootaloo asked quietly.

"Yes, yes. I am, okay? But be quiet. Tell no one or you'll get me killed. Or worse-you'll get them killed. Now shut up and give me that." He swiped the sonic screwdriver away from the pegasus, despite her objections, and stuck it under his collar. He would need to dispose of it later, inside the TARDIS. "Now, leave me alone." He turned to walk away.

"How can we leave you alone now? We've been talkin' to an alien this whole time and we didn't even know it," Applebloom said.

The Doctor spun around, a look of anger in his eyes. The fillies stepped back, wary. "Listen to me." They stayed silent. "If you follow me, or tell anyone, you will get yourselves hurt. You'll put this whole town in danger. You got that?" They didn't move. "Good." He started walking again.

"What about your ship? The, uh. . box," Sweetie Belle mentioned.

"The TARDIS? Nothing. I'm not telling you anything about me. I know how kids are. No species understands." He went faster, trying to get as far away as possible.

"Tell us!" Scootaloo shouted. She looked around and grabbed her scooter, which was laying against the wall of a house. She hopped on, pulling the two other fillies in the wagon that was attached to it.

"Are you three trying to get killed?! Forget I was ever here!" The Doctor was sprinting now, not wanting to endanger the lives of others everywhere he went. But Scootaloo was quick on her scooter, and she easily stayed level with him. "Oh for Pete sakes!" He came to a sudden halt, making them shoot off ahead of him. The Time Lord turned back, running for the TARDIS as if he was trying to escape from Cybermen. Upon reaching his ship, he pulled a few levers. He was going to have to leave this area. The TARDIS wheezed, disappeared, and rematerialized across the town. He was now somewhere near a forest. "Finally. Just have to be careful not to let anyone find me." The Doctor quickly checked how far done the sonic screwdriver was, and chucked the old one unceremoniously across the control room. SONIC SCREWDRIVER: 45% COMPLETED. "Still quite a ways." He left the ship, checking both ways, and vanished into the long grass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Great. We lost him," Scootaloo muttered. She kicked a rock into the stream, angry. "I should've stopped faster." The three fillies were sopping wet from falling into the water.

Applebloom scrubbed a towel over her head, drying her mane. "It's okay Scoots. It wasn't your fault. He stopped suddenly." She tossed the wet towel into the grass.

"Yeah, but now his ship is gone." Scootaloo buzzed her wings, flicking water off them and into the dirt. "We might not find him again."

"Don't worry. We still have that, uh, sonic screwdriver thing. . -y," Sweetie Belle said.

"Uh, Sweetie Belle, he took that."

"He did?!" Her voice cracked. "Great! Now what're we gonna do?"

"We could. . . tell Rainbow Dash." The other two fillies looked up at the pegasus, appalled.

"But he said we would get them killed!"

"He also said that we would get ourselves killed. And we're not dead are we?"

"Well, no, but that doesn't mean it can't happen," Applebloom said.

"What else could we do? Besides, nothing defeats Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo jumped in the air, striking a heroic pose.

"That is true," Sweetie Belle pointed out. They looked at Applebloom, who sighed in defeat.

"Fine. But we need to be careful," the earth pony told them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash spit her milkshake all over the table. She had slept for a while and then woken up when the fillies came to talk to her. She had ordered another one. But right now, it was all over the table and the CMC's faces. Dash wiped her mouth off. "Are you kidding me?! He's an alien?!"

"He is! We swear!" Scootaloo exclaimed. The fillies all crossed their heart. Rainbow coughed a few times, pounding on her chest. Some of that milkshake had gone down the wrong pipe. Pinkie Pie quickly sped over and wiped the table down, and bounced back to the kitchen.

"Well, what are we gonna do about it?" Applebloom asked.

"How am I supposed to know! If he is an alien he could have a whole torture chamber inside that box! We gotta handle this with caution," Dash said, tapping her hooves together thoughtfully.

"Say, could you plan, and we go cave exploring? We were going to do it earlier, but got sidetracked," Sweetie Belle mentioned.

"Right, yeah. You girls go." The CMC went off, leaving the cyan pegasus sipping her milkshake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This cave look good?" Applebloom asked, motioning towards the giant black abyss in front of them. The CMC stood like ants in front of the entrance, looking in awe at the cavern.

"Where did you learn of this?" Sweetie Belle asked, looking at her friend in question.

"Nowhere. It's always been here."

"Does anypony else know about this?"

"Ah don't know. Probably."

"Good enough for me!" Scootaloo cheered, and, making sure her rope was secure, jumped face first into the abyss. Applebloom shrugged, then plunged into the cave. Sweetie Belle squeaked, eyes filled with fear. She swallowed, then fearfully tugged on her rope. She stood at the edge.

"But. . . it looks scary." Sweetie shook her head. She wasn't going-

Something pushed her in.

Author's Note:

Eh.