• Published 16th Nov 2013
  • 1,638 Views, 38 Comments

My Little Fluttershy - King Artermis



I find a filly Fluttershy on my way home from college, and take her into my care.

  • ...
8
 38
 1,638

Chapter 1: Finding Kindness

Bullying, teasing, fear of the unknown. These are the traits that had driven me to join the military. I had been bullied while in the orphanage for having red irises, and slightly better physical abilities than the other kids. I was teased about myself in any school that I attended, and then when I was finally old enough to live alone, I was jumped in an ally way because of who I am.

Now I am nineteen, and in the Navy cadet college. I live in a small two bedroom home that is in the middle of nowhere, but I still live close enough to drive to the college every day.

I drive a very old black AE86, but it was a POS car. It did what I needed it to do, but other than that, and it would cut out, and die.

I was now pushing my car home as it died as soon as I got onto my long as hell driveway. I grunted as my car goes over a bump, and stops moving.

“Really you POS?” I ask aloud. I then start to push on the car again, and it doesn’t budge. I step away from my vehicle, and run my hand through my bright blonde hair.

*CRACK*

I look into the forest around me for what made the noise. I then hear a whimper from the other side of my vehicle behind one of the trees. I reach inside my car for my revolver, and slowly step around my car.

“Hello? Are you okay?” I ask. I hear a small eep. I then move around the tree and see a small animal. I pocket my revolver, and slowly get closer. The pony, as a I look at it, seems to shy away from me, but I then look her over, and see that it’s hoof it bleeding.

“Oh my.” I say as I slowly see it try to run, but it falls, and then curls up. I walk over the pony, and pick it up. The pony is very light, and only about the size of a small child. The pony freezes up, in most likely fear.

I start lightly petting it, and she, as I check, slowly calms down. I slowly make my way back to my POS car, and set her down on the passenger seat before I wrap her up in my navy jacket.

It isn’t the warmest of clothing, but it was enough to take away the chill from the air of the northern Washington air.

I sit down in the driver’s seat, and turn the keys so the electronics in the car turn on. I turn off the radio before I push the clutch and the brake in before I turn the key, trying to start my car.

The engine turning over startles the pony, but a firm hand from me clams her instantly. She still shivers in fear though.

I turn the key again, and the engine finally starts. I smile and rub the steering wheel with happiness. I put the car in gear, and slowly start driving back to my home, while keeping the butter yellow pony calm.


I eventually pulled into my small garage, and kill the car before picking up the pony. I was startled by the wings on the pony that flare when I held her to me, and then I got out of my car, and walk into my home.

I set the pegasus down on the loveseat before I look at her hoof again. She just curls up, and lays her head down shaking in confusion, and fear. I see that her hoof is still bleeding, so I move into my kitchen, and retrieve the medical kit I have in there.

“Okay, I’m going to help make your hoof feel better.” I say quietly as I open the kit, and take out some disinfectant in a pressurized can.

“This is going to sting a bit.” I say to the small filly pegasus before I lightly grab her hoof, and spray the cleansing liquid on the wound. It starts bubbling, and the filly pulls her hoof back. I lightly, but with enough grip, grab her hoof, and pull it back. I blow on it, and I can tell it helped a bit.

I then pull some small paper towels from my kit, and gentle dab the disinfectant out of her cut. I then take out some medical gauze, and wrap her hoof up snuggly before tying a knot in the gauze, and cutting it loose from the roll. I then close the med kit, and look back to the pegasus with slight worry.

“Is that better now?” I ask her, not expecting a respo-

HOLY SHIT SHE NODDED HER HEAD!! I yell at myself in my thoughts.

“C-can you understand me?” I ask her. She cringes at my voice’s volume, but nods her head again.

I look into her bright teal eyes, and see intelligence behind them. I then take in her appearance. I see that her coat color is a bright butter yellow, and she has a long pink mane/tail. Her wings look to be weekend from lack of use, and she is slightly scruffy. Most likely from being in the forest around my home.

She has a few twigs in her mane, and tail from the forest, so I gently remove them.

I then look her in the eyes again, and see fear, and confusion.

“Are you okay?” I ask her. She lets out an adorable meep, but nods.

“Good. Now, can you speak?” She tilts her head to the side. I almost face palm at my stupidity, but refrain from it as to not scare her.

“Are you hungry?” I ask her. She shakes her head no, but then I hear a light growl come from her stomach. I see a tint of red color her muzzle before she nods her head slightly and attempts to hide behind her mane. My heart melts at the sight of her shyness.

I slowly stand up, and make my way to my kitchen. I start to wonder what she could eat. She is part horse, but she might have a different diet because of what she is, a pegasus.

I shrug before I open my fridge, and pull out a few fruits and vegetables. I put them on a cutting board, and cut them down the bite size pieces. I put a small handful onto a small plate, and take it out to the small filly on my couch.

I set it down next to her, and she looks at it, then to me.

“Go ahead. Eat up. I’m not going to let you starve in my home.” I tell her softly with a smile, but on the inside I was thinking what the hell I was going to do with her. She was sapient, and had wings. She also was an unnatural color, so I did what any other adolescent male would do.

I grabbed my laptop, and went onto the internet to search up what the hell to do.

I first googled filly yellow pegasus, and it shows me a picture of a cartoon character named Fluttershy. This confuses the hell out of me, so I then search up the name Fluttershy, and the cartoon show’s name comes up as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, along with other brightly colored ponies.

I then quickly powered the laptop down, before I set it off to the side, and looked at the filly slowly eating next to me.

“Is your name Fluttershy?” I ask her. She blinks a few times before looking to me, and nodding. I shrug it off for her to continue eating, but I was freaking out on the inside.

HOW THE HELL IS A CARTOON CHARACTER HERE ON EARTH?! AS FOR THAT, WHY THE HELL IS SHE IN MY HOME?! My mind was flying through thoughts at light speed, trying to make sense of how she was even here, but then I look to the filly in question, and see that she is now finished with her food, and was huddled away from me.

I sigh, and look back at the wall on the other side of the front room. I then stand up, and sigh again.

I might as well take care of her while she is here. I’m not one to leave someone out on the streets like my parents did to me.

I then hear the filly quietly yawn, so I look to her, to see that she had curled up, and fallen asleep. I about died from her cuteness before I went to my room, and retrieved a blanket for her to use.

As I drape the cover over the filly, a thought came to mind.

If I turn her in she will be killed, and studied like a rat.

It was then that I made a decision that will change my life greatly. I am going to keep her, and raise her into a strong mare.

Author's Note:

I know, I know. Stop making so many damned stories, and focus on one, but I just had to do this one. I noticed that most of the My Little Dashie spin offs are of Rainbow Dash, or Twilight, but I didn't see many Fluttershy ones, so I decided to make one, and I think that I need some bronies to read this, and rip my heart out with what is wrong so far.

I would love the criticism, and as always. Thank you for reading.