• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 403 Views, 14 Comments

Fable 2: Equine Hijinks - DarkParable



"Oh for Shadow's sake Leo Head, why is it all the stuff you left behind happens to blow up in my face?!" Good question oh Hero of Albion, let's find out what odd stuff you're up to this time.

  • ...
2
 14
 403

Chapter one: Have you seen my dog?

"You're a monster! How can you live with yourself?!"

"They're all dead, how could you!?"

"DEMON!"

Yep, heard enough...

"I hope yo-" The words of that poor little villager with a mouth bigger than his brain suddenly found out why pissing me off could lead to some rather interesting consequences. A small exercise of my Will and the loud mouth suddenly found his mind warped by one of my personal favorites... The Chaos spell.

Now where exactly that villager managed to pull that flintlock pistol from is beyond me, but pull one he did as he spun on his heel to face his fellow hecklers. The grinning white mask with it's purple glow super-imposed over his features drew a startled little cry from the crowd... I suppose it was kind of jarring, seeing that. Never minded much myself. Then again I'm rocking the whole horned look here, so what would I know?

Laughing, my little puppet opened fire and I could feel the responsibility for those deaths washing over me. Felt good, kinda like a warm shower on a cold night. Back on topic however, panic ensued, people died, and the Chaos influenced villager stood there laughing his head off as he did exactly what he'd been bitching at me about. Oh I couldn't wait for the spell to wear off so I could see the look on h- Oh, speak of the devil and he'll pat ya on the head it seems.

Just like that little mister pistol packer snapped out of it, took a look around in confusion, and I watched in amusement as his face fell. It was actually kind cute really... If he hadn't been so annoying I might've invited him back to my place. In any case he fell to his knees and started questioning most everything.

"Who, what...How!?" he asked the air, not noticing as I stepped closer and laid a hand gently on his shoulder.

"You. Killed them. With a pistol." I replied to his rhetorical questions because I could. Not like anyone could stop me honestly. "Sounded like ya enjoyed it too... So, I have one question for you... Seen my dog anywheres? Can't miss him, big black thing with glowing red eyes kinda like mine, ya know."

He just shook his head... I was expecting as much, but oh well. Shrugging I started to walk off but stopped. A slow smile crept over my face as I looked over the dead villagers around me and then back at the broken putz who'd opened his trap a bit too much for my tastes. "By the by..." I started, prompting him to look up with that teary eyed expression most of these folks have when you kill something near them. "You've got some company here who's dying to say a few things to you..." Another spell and away I walked, the screams of terror and pain as the ghosts of his victims rose up to rip him apart at my bidding accompanying me as I strolled away. Music to my ears.


Little Sparrow, the hero of Albion, the one who'd ended Lucion's plots, the will user and sword slinger who'd riser from the depths of death itself to become the most well known figure in Albion... The butcher of countless innocents, a devotee of the shadows and head of their temple. The one who'd destroyed the temple of light and razed Oakvale to the ground. The demon of Albion, a hope turned nightmare... And currently the woman looking for her beloved pet and faithful companion.

Ask anyone who cared enough and they'd tell you everything you'd need to know about Sparrow. She wasn't all that tall really, barely over five feet in height, but she was built like a brick wall. Now to saw she wasn't shapely and a vision of loveliness (she tended to kill those who said otherwise in her presence) of course. She wasn't ugly by any stretch of the imagination on that note, but people tended to forget that in the wake of seeing the horns, cracked and rocky skin, and the deep set glowing will lines that ran over her body. A body she flaunted. She never wore anything from the waste up, her unscarred torso on display for all. Her face was fine featured, framed nicely by her curved horns and her natural beauty augmented by some dark makeup. Her eyes were glowing red, lacking in pupils or irises, and set in an almost permanent expression of perverse joy at the suffering she caused. All in all, one sexily scary lady who had a reputation for sacrificing any husbands she took to the shadows.

Sparrow, the mistress of blades and spells, carried with her a sword known as the Maelstrom. A wicked blade of darkness said to have belonged to a shadow foolishly summoned by a few shadow worshipers. For their insolence and lack of control it slaughtered them, leaving behind it's sword as a warning... A warning that was now carried and put to use by their greatest champion on this world.

Now, if you asked Sparrow, she was just a woman who knew what she wanted and would take it by any means... All that said, your humble narrator has interrupted enough. Back to the woman in question.


For the love of all that's depraved, why was it that whenever I took a step out of any of the more "civil" areas of the world there was always bandits after me. You'd think they'd learn that I'm right there with them in mind set really... But Noooooooo, they must have subconscious death wishes. It didn't matter really, gave me an excuse to get my sword wet.

Speaking over which, the look on that one bandit's face as I ran him through and kissed him was priceless. Tasted horrid he did, but it was funny none the less. Even funnier was what his fellows yelled at me. What stood out the most happened to be "HEY! He was a week from retiring?! What am I supposed to tell his wife and kid?" Well... No clue, same thing I tell mine when I lead them off to the shadows probably.

In any case, I'd still not found my damn dog, little bugger did this every once in awhile. Disappeared and came back smelling of flowers and, ugh, purity. Oh well, long as he was happy I was happy. He'll I'd gone and slaughtered masses just to resurrect the little fella. Course I'd be happy to see him with his tail wagging.

Back to the matter at sword point.

I carefully parried a few blows from a bandit captain, knocking his piece of shit cutlass to the side just enough for it to narrowly avoid my bare skin. Most people though I didn't wear a shirt for some vain reason, nah... I just knew tits made for a great distraction and it did get hot, spending long hours out and about, walking to and fro. On that note I caught sight of where the bandit's eyes wore and smirked, sweeping my hand up my front to draw his gaze up where it belonged.

"Naughty naughty, thinking with little Jim in the middle of a fight..." I said, pitching my voice seductively as I swept Maelstrom up and severed his femoral artery with a quick little cut. Chuckling at my own joke I got back to work, slaughtering these idiots right proper like. A well placed block and a chain of attacks ending in a flourish left one headless. A Blades spell left another impaled by the spectral orange blades and nailed to the earth. Another effort of will reduced another bandit to a charred skeleton as the lightning stripped him of flesh. Another flourish split the final bandit from shoulder to shitter, leaving him nearly in two. Quite fun really, if over quickly.

A brief moment to gather up what remained of their experiences and memories for my own (Oh good grief, one of them had a thing for trees) and another few moments to regret that decision later I set to searching their physical bodies. I rarely found anything really, but sometimes it paid to look. This was one of those times it seemed.

A neat little statuette of something akin to a horse. Never seen an actual horse myself, but I've heard of em. In any case, it looked like some little kid drew it, as cute as it was... Don't judge me or I'll reduce you to ash. Murderous though I be, I am still fond of cute things. Anyways, little horse thing, horns and wings, painted white with a long flowing mane and tail of multiple colors I didn't have names for. Pretty damn neat. Shrugging a bit I made to tuck it into my belt pouch when it moved in my hand and I felt a sharp little prick. I of course did the smart thing... I dropped it with a startled growl of pain and gathered up my will for a fireball.

I never got the chance really, no sooner had it left my hand than I was blinded by a bright flash of golden light and everything was gone.


Celestia stared in contempt at the vile woman before her, unconscious upon her throne room floor. At her side stood her sister, who's own expression was something between reverence and horror at seeing what lay upon the floor. Neither of them spoke for a long while, simply studying the thing that they'd finally managed to get their hooves on.

Finally it was Luna who broke the silence. "Sister... I loath to state the obvious but... It seems that little trap of your's has finally born fruit. Now what will you do with her?"

Celestia frowned slightly, cocking her head a bit as she continued to look Sparrow over. After a lengthy pause she opened her mouth and finally spoke up. "I'd like to kill her... But they tried that once and it only angered her enough to reduce several towns to ash and char. Despite the darkness she revels in there's some good in her. Just look at that canine of her's that has been finding it's way to dear Fluttershy." she sighed softly and shook her head, gathering her thoughts. "Even if we stripped her of her weapon and allowed the elements to try and redeem her as they did Discord she would still have that magic of her's... We cannot bind that as we would a unicorn's. We're simply going to have to hope that Twilight can contain her or we'll have to end her now."

Slowly the solar diarch stepped down from the raised dais on which her throne sat and moved closer to the prone woman, raising her hoof. She held it over the woman's head like a blunted guillotine as she waited for her sister's verdict. She did not wait long.

"Let her live... If the elements could save me from myself, perhaps they can do the same for little Sparrow... Rose would want nothing else."

Unbeknownst to the Hero of Albion (More of a villain) her execution had been stayed for now. She slept on, her mind wandering about through her past deeds as her body was shuffled off to what would be her prison and home for the remainder of her life... That horrid horrid crazy place known as... Ponyville!

Author's Note:

This was written on a whim really. If it gets enough interest I'll continue it. If not, then it's safe to assume it'll wither and die... Hopefully the first option is the one that happens lol