• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 6,844 Views, 15 Comments

Babs Bunny Sized Adventure - M Specter



After a crusading adventure ends up not going to well Babs tries to search for a way to get back to her normal self.

  • ...
2
 15
 6,844

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"How could I possibly get into this situation" Babs asked herself as she trudged through the Everfree forest.

She was walking through the Everfree with the other crusaders to go to a zebra named Zecora who lived within it. They hoped to get their cutie marks in potion making but she had gotten lost along the way. She didn't remember how she had lost her friends, one second they were in front of her and the next they were gone. To make matters worse the sun was beginning to set, Babs sighed she hopped she hadn't caused too much trouble for her cousin and her friends.

Babs heard a twig snap behind her "Apple Bloom?" she asked as she turned around. All she could see though were trees and bushes; she couldn't look at the trees for long because they seemed to morph into scary faces. Babs began to walk in the direction she thought was home hoping that her gut instincts were correct. After while Babs could hear a small growling sound she thought it was just her brain playing tricks on her but the sound only grew louder as she continued to deny its existence.

Then she heard something from behind her it sounded like it was the source of the growling and she could feel the breathing down her neck. She slowly turned around to come face to face with a Timberwolf. Its green eyes stared into hers one full of fear the other filled with malice and hunger. Eventually her brain kicked into gear and she began to run away from the towering figure. A howl rang out from behind her the wolf was luring his pack to her location.

Babs ran as fast as her little legs could carry her, so fast in fact that she hadn't notice when she ran into a field of blue flowers. The timber wolves stopped just in front of the flowers sniffing at it before recoiling in disgust before they gave up on the tan colored pony. After a while Babs stopped to catch her breath panting like a wild dog trying to get her straight back. Night had completely encompassed the Everfree forest making it seem darker and scarier than it was before. She noticed she couldn't see the wolves anymore and turned back to see if they were still following her. The tail of the wooden predator was seen slipping into the bushes across a wide meadow of blue flowers.

The sound of her stomach growling brought Babs attention to her stomach she hadn't eaten since this morning. Babs looked at the flowers hungrily "maybe they're edible" she said allowed as she approached the flower. "This flower does look delicious" Babs said to herself as her mouth began to water. The urge or suspicion that had once been within her was completely driven back by the hunger that replaced it. She took a tentative bite of the mysterious flower chewing slowly as to enjoy the taste. Oddly enough the flower tasted of blueberries and was really sweet. She immediately gobbled the rest of the flower greedily. With a loud gulp she had finished her meal and set about looking for a place to sleep. She settled into a fallen log near a river where she quenched her thirst before hitting the hay.

The next morning Babs woke up at the crack of dawn ready to start the new day. With the sunlight coming into the forest it would be much easier to find the path that led out of the Everfree. She yawned and stretched her body but as she was stretching something felt off. She opened her eyes and noticed that everything looked a bit bigger than before. She couldn't put her hoof on it.... " My hoof" Babs looked down at what used to be her hoof what was there now was a paw she had paws now and when she moved her ears it felt bigger than what it was before. She scurried over to the edge of the edge of the river and looked at her reflection. There staring back at her was a brown bunny with green eyes when she moved her paw it moved her paw when he shook her head it shook her head.

"I'm a bunny now?" she asked her reflection.

This was all too much to take in at once she remembered that she had gone to sleep as a pony but it still didn't explain how she could be a bunny now. “Maybe I'm still asleep Babs told herself “yea this is all just a dream and soon I'll wake up back in my bed in Sweet Apple Acres." Babs pinched herself in an attempt to wake up but she felt the pain and the pain was all too real to be asleep. She stared at her reflection once more “I’ve got to get out of here and find the others."

With her resolve set Babs took a drink of the river before following it. She hoped that the river would lead her back to Ponyville or at least the path itself. As Babs walked through the forest she noticed that things were more off then she realized. There were a couple of birds she passed by a while ago and it's not what the birds did that got to her it was what they said. Yes she actually heard them talk not only did that rile her up she also had the weirdest craving for carrots. To make matters worse a familiar wooded predator appeared, to avoid its detection she jumped straight into the branches of the tree in front of her.

The wolf sniffed around himself trying to familiarize itself with the smell of Babs, her scent was peculiar but completely out of the interest of the wolf. Eventually it left her without so much as a fuss and once Babs could get control of her breathing again she notice that she had jumped a couple feet into a tree. That's an astonishing feat considering ponies wouldn't normally do that. She reminded herself that she was a bunny now and that jumping was what they do best. Despite the numerous things that had happened to Babs she managed to reach the outskirts of the Everfree Forest tired, hungry but happy all at the same time. It was about high noon given where the sun was positioned and she was thankful that she had gotten out of the forest before night fall occurred.

While she was resting on the side of a tree Babs caught something in the corner of her eye. The green eyed bunny turned into that direction and saw a cottage not too far off. "If memory serves me right that's Fluttershy's cottage I think I heard Apple Bloom talk about her once." The little bunny jumped in excitement not everything had gone bad for her she may have a chance to become normal quicker than she thought. Babs scurried over to the cottage as quickly as she could as well as hopping over the fence that surrounded it.

She ran over to the front door of the cottage and knocked, although her paws didn't make the knocking sound she thought it would. Instead her fur acted like a buffer muffling the sound that normally came out when she knocked with her hooves. Babs quickly thought of the next best thing pawing at the door. This was also ineffective leading Babs ears to droop and her demeanor turning sour. She resided to wait in front of the door until somepony noticed her.

After waiting for about a couple hours Babs eyes began to droop and she began to fight off her tiredness. Eventually she succumbed to her body's needs and took a nap right when a yellow Pegasus landed in her own yard. Today was a designated spa day for the pink maned Pegasus so she had gone off to spend some time with Rarity. It was very relaxing and she was able to get a hooficure as well as her feathers preened. Although when Fluttershy noticed the bundle of brown on her doorstep she was curious as to what it was doing there.

Taking a closer look Fluttershy saw that it was a bunny and judging by the state it was in it must have had a rough day. She carefully picked her up and set her on her back before walking into her home.

“You poor thing you must of had a rough day" Fluttershy said in her soft voice carefully lowering the bunny onto her couch.

"Stay right there I'll be right back" she reassured the sleeping bunny.

Fluttershy walked into the kitchen and grabbed a couple of carrots before walking back out into her living room. A white bunny was now in close proximity to the brown one and he appeared angry.

'This is a nice bed' Babs thought in her sleep after all that happened to her she was glad to be somewhere that was safe or at least felt safe. Soon there was a small prodding on her stomach. It didn't have enough force to hurt her but it did have enough force to get her attention as she rose from her position and opened her eyes. She yawned and smacked her lips a couple times before looking at the white bunny beside her.

"Can I help you she asked him tiredly “I'm trying to sleep here"?

"You're in my spot he told her coldly "get off".

Babs was too tired to handle this right now.

"Look she said with a hint of anger in her voice. “I’m sorry I'm in your spot but I'm tired so please just this once let me sleep here."

At first the white bunny seemed to back off but contrary to her belief she was pushed onto the floor. To add insult to injury he began to laugh at her from his perch on the couch. He laughed so hard in fact that tears began to fall from his eyes.

"You think this is funny?" Babs said as she got up. “I’ll show you funny" with that said Babs jumped onto the unsuspecting bunny and began to attack. Angels face scrunched in surprise before he fought back leading them to fight in a ball of dust with only certain parts of their body appearing from out of it at a time.

Eventually Fluttershy broke it up and scolded the both of them "Now Angel I understand that that was your spot but that was no reason to push our guest onto the floor" Angel glared at Babs and she returned the glare with her tongue sticking out at him. " and... What was your name little one"

" Babs"

“Excuse me?”

Babs face pawed of course pony’s wouldn't understand her now that she was a species who couldn’t verbally communicate with them. She resorted to using gestures as well as saying her name slowly. The message came across for Fluttershy said " Babs was it?"

She nodded glad that she could finally get her name across to her.

"Babs I understand that Angel did something wrong but that’s no reason to start a fight with him.”

Now Angel was the one to stick his tongue out as Babs glared at him.

"Now if you two don't mind you should apologize to each other."

Babs not wanting to insult the pony that brought her inside said “I'm sorry Angel."

Angel sighed and said “I’m sorry too".

“There was that so hard?"

The glare that Babs and Angel were giving Fluttershy was strong enough to burn her to ashes.

“Now that that's out of the way here Babs have a carrot."

Babs grabbed the carrot in her paws and began to munch on it like it was the last piece of food in the world.

"Oh dear you must of been really hungry" Fluttershy said as she grabbed two more carrots and hoofed them over to her.

She ate them just as fast as the first one enjoying the taste and satisfaction it gave her. When she was done with her meal she felt her hunger disappear as well as completely filled with energy. Without much thinking she ran up to Fluttershy's hoof and hugged it.

"Thank you Fluttershy."

"Oh you're welcome it was no problem at all."

The two stayed like that for a while, Babs enjoying the first hug she had in a while and Fluttershy enjoying the satisfaction of helping another helpless animal. Over in the background Angel was sitting on his favorite spot on the couch gagging at the scene that was playing in front of him.