• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 1,542 Views, 7 Comments

My Little Wolf - Autobot Lancewing



In an alternate universe where everyone's wolves, they must fight between life and death.

  • ...
8
 7
 1,542

Nightmare Moon Chapter 1

Nightmare Moon
Chapter 1

Bright Eyes couldn’t believe what she had witnessed. In a split second her leader's sister and her.... best friend were vaporized in the paws of a demon who had possessed her leader. Now all that remained in their place was burned grass. Nightmare Moon laughed as she changed into a dark mist and vanished.
Bright Eyes froze, she tried to think of what she should do; she wanted to cry her eyes out, but she knew she couldn't. It wouldn’t bring them back, nor would it stop this new villain. All she could do is run back to the pack and warn them…
******
Lightning Thrash was brought back to the cave he was interrogated in. He immediately laid down, thinking of how he was to escape just before a flash of light was seen. He covered his eyes in shock. As the light died down, he started to hear some groans followed by a male voice saying, “Are we dead?”
He looked to where the light was to see Lancer and Celestia. Lancer looked around to see that he was only in a cave. “Okay, that time, I probably should have listened.”
Celestia looked over at Lancer. Instead of a formal sentence, as she would normally give, she simply said, “Ya think?”
Lightning stood up and attempted to kneel, but stumbled. "I-I'm sorry about my...my.."
Celestia saw Lightning, "Lightning, what happened to you?"
"Interrogation with a crash landing. Not pretty."
“Let me guess, Nightmare Moon?” Lancer asked.
“Yeah...and King Sombra.”
“Sombra…” Celestia covered her face with her paw, “This...can this get any worse?”
“Please don’t jinx it,” Lancer said, “Every time someone asks if something could get worse, it usually does.”
Celestia sighed, “As long as Chrysalis and Discord don’t show up, we’ll be fine.”
“And the jinxing continues… Can we focus on something like -I don’t know- getting out of here?!”
“Well, unfortunately Nightmare Moon blocked my magic frequency, so I can’t use my magic.”
“Okay… Lightning, can you map out where you’ve been?”
“Okay, but I don’t know how that will help,” Lighting replied as he used one of his claws to draw on the ground. “Okay, we’re over here,” Lightning pointed at the cave they’re in, “and I was taken to the cave next to this one.” He pointed to the one to the left. “That’s where I saw Nightmare Moon for the first time.”
“Hm… Well, if I can remember my spells correctly, Nightmare Moon would have to have used a short-range teleportation spell for her to be able to block our magic, is that correct Aunt Celestia?”
“I believe so, unless she was somewhere else…”
“Okay, but in either case, that means that she must have set up her base near the pack.”
“Good, it shouldn’t be too much of an escape.
“Except we don’t exactly know where we are, plus…” Lancer picked up his chains. “It’s not like we can leave any time we want.”
“Well...You are wanting me to cheer up.”
“That’s where we need to really think. We need to find a way out of the chains and past the guards.”
“How did you know there were guards,” Lightning asked.
“What enemy team does not?”
“Oh, right,” Lightning blushed.
******
Solaris continued sniffing the ground, still on the lookout for Luna and Twilight, but suddenly, he heard panting. He looked up and saw Bright Eyes running toward him. He could see the tears that were streaming down her eyes. “Bright Eyes,” He asked, “What’s wrong?”
She was still panting heavily, but her message was still clear. “Lancer and Celestia… had a run-in… with Nightmare Moon…”
Those two words, Nightmare Moon, made his heart sink. “Bright Eyes, get to the main den, I’ll need you to tell everyone what happened, but I’ll gather them up.”
Bright Eyes nodded and ran towards the den. Solaris began to howl while running through the forest, fearing the worst.
******
Twilight woke up for the fifth time. She kept having nightmares, this last one being the worst. She had just given birth to her pup, and she was suddenly taken away by a large demon. Then another wolf appeared. This one had a gold aura about him. He had quickly taken down the demon, but it took another wolf’s body. That one was also defeated, but the demon made its way into the golden wolf, corrupting him. The newly formed monster lunged at Twilight, and that was when she woke up.
Twilight tried to shake the memory off; she felt sweaty, and her hurt leg ached. She began to pant, but her mouth was dry, she saw two bowls, which she learned had food and, more importantly, water. She walked over and...there was no water… ‘Oh yeah… I drank it all… Shoot!’
Twilight laid back down by the food bowls when she heard a loud shriek. Twilight’s ears perked up. She ran toward the sound of the shriek, looking for the source, she saw the several kennels, looking for the shrieker. Problem was...everyone was up… ’Ok...’
“You too, eh Twilight,” Applejack asked.
“Nightmares? Oh yeah.”
“It’s weird, everyone’s complainin’ about it, ‘Bloom dreamt about the two of us gettin’ skinned alive by them poachers.”
“Hmm...Strange,” Pinkie said, “nobody laughed at my jokes in my dream.”
“Ok,” Twilight took a deep breath, “Let’s get everyone rounded up.”
“Um, alright, let’s go.” Applejack jumped out and covered the southern part, while Twilight and Pinkie headed for the northern part.
******
Meanwhile, Fluttershy was going through her own nightmare. She was in the middle of a forest, and she was hearing voices.
“She’s worthless!”
“How could she have been so small?”
“She won’t last a day.”
“Maybe she would be better off if she wasn’t born at all!”
Those words kept burning their way into her head. She cowered into a small ball, “Please, stop,” she begged. That only resulted in laughter.
“Maybe we should leave her to the mountain lions!”
“No, they’d see that as an insult.”
Fluttershy swallowed, “Please...stop…”
******
Fluttershy jolted as she woke up. ‘It was a dream?’ She found herself back in Megan’s room, in her small basket, shaking violently. She panted hard, she felt so lonely.
“Fluttershy?”
Fluttershy jumped, and saw Megan looking at her from her bed. Fluttershy responded by whimpering.
“Did you have a bad dream?”
Fluttershy nodded.
“I did too.” Megan motioned for Fluttershy to join her, “Wanna come up here?”
Fluttershy got up, stretched, and lept onto the bed. She nuzzled Megan’s chin, rested her head on Megan’s chest, and soon both drifted back to sleep, a single thought on both their minds: ‘I love you.’