• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 1,541 Views, 7 Comments

My Little Wolf - Autobot Lancewing



In an alternate universe where everyone's wolves, they must fight between life and death.

  • ...
8
 7
 1,541

Shadows Chapter 1

My Little Wolf
Shadows
Chapter 1

In the middle of a forest close to a small town, there lived a large clan of wolves made up of smaller packs. They were led by a white wolf named Celestia, a wise, benevolent leader. Her sister Luna, her niece Cadence, and her daughter Wisteria led smaller packs of wolves. They have lived in perfect unity, but little do they know that enemies will rise and cause battles to rise. In addition, tensions will rise, tensions that will threaten to tear the clan apart.
Comet Tail, a beta ranked hunter, was closely watching a human family getting ready to go on some weird thing they called a ‘hike’, a lot of the wolves in the packs didn’t see the point of ‘hiking’, they had to walk great distances almost everyday, and that was NOT for fun.
Comet Tail’s brother-in-law, Shining Armor, was also watching the humans. “Do you enjoy this, Comet,” the white wolf asked.
“Well, I didn’t used too, but after Twilight and-”
Shining began to growl, scaring Comet.
“Are you ever gonna accept that me and Twilight are mates now?”
Shining’s growl deepened, and he inched closer to Comet.
“Hey look, they’re gone,” Lancer, the youngest of the group, pointed out.
Comet curled the left part of his lip into a smile, so that Shining couldn’t see. Shining grunted, and moved ahead to the house. “This is stupid,” he muttered.
“What is,” Comet asked.
“This is the girls’ job. We’re hunters, not gatherers.”
“It’s for the new guy, we can’t throw him into a hunt just yet.”
“Then why doesn’t he go with the girls on their gathering mission, WHICH IS EXACTLY LIKE THIS?”
“Celestia think he could learn more about hunting from boys than the girls.”
“Then why not put him through field training? That would work way better than doing this crud.”
“Well, what if we encountered a mountain lion?”
“How would watching humans help with mountain lions?”
“An excellent point,” Lancer pointed out.
“Shut it,” Comet Tail said, then through gritted teeth. “I’m trying to stick up for you.”
“Both of you are bickering like a married couple. And we’re in front of a human den to train me. Besides, you and I both know that this conversation has nothing to do with me.”
“You’ve got guts,” Shining sneered, “You’re first.”
“Well if you insist,” Lancer said jumping out of the bush. “Maybe I can practice my tracking skills.” He starts looking around.
Comet Tail rolled his eyes. ‘Tracking skills,’ he thought, ‘Why didn’t I think of that?’
Shining pointed his paw toward the door, allowing Lancer to go first.
Lancer exhaled, and walked over to one of the windows. He found an open one on the side of the house, and managed to wriggle himself into the house. He landed on a basket of laundry. Lancer jumped out and began scanning the house.
Lancer could see several odd things in the human den, there was a large black rectangle, odd squares resting on leg-like things, and weird soft looking cubes. 'humans are weird' Lancer thought, while looking for something his pack could use. 'maybe even something for… her...'
Lancer began to pant as he thought of her; Bright Eyes.
---
Meanwhile, Bright Eyes is seen reading a book. Her aquamarine fur glistened off of the sunlight. She carefully turned the page of the book, careful not to let her claws rip the page. She read a scene where the human girl pressed her head to her boyfriends face, and kissed him on the lips, as her tongue began to-
Bright Eyes felt her cheeks grow hot, secretly imagining that she was the girl, putting herself close to Lancer and-
“Bright Eyes?”
Bright Eyes looked up to see a certain white wolf.
“Hey there Sweetheart,” She said, completely engrossed in her book.
"Watcha doin?"
"N-Nothing," Bright Eyes quickly tossed the book away.
Sweetheart saw the book but didn’t bother to ask her about it, though it was suspicious of her to toss it aside.
“So, What are you up to?”
“Well, Patch and Clover were wondering if you’d like to join them in a game of soccer.”
Bright Eyes gave it some thought. She has already spent a few hours reading the book. Maybe it would be a good idea for her to stretch her legs. “I think I can.” She got up and gave her front legs a good stretch. “Lead the way.”
Sweetheart nods and begins running with Bright Eyes following close behind.
---
Lancer poked his head out of the window and dropped a case of chicken out.
Shining sniffed it. “At least he got something that’s easy to open.”
Comet Tail glared at Shining. “You are never going to let that one go, are you?”
He grinned. “No I am not.”
One time, Comet Tail grabbed something wrapped in tin foil. The tin foil was hard to unwrap and actually hurt some of the wolves’ teeth. It turned out that the item in the foil was a fruitcake. It tasted so repulsive that the wolves sent it to the mountain lions. They still have it, but it is being used as a warning to all gatherers. Ever since then, Shining Armor would never get off of Comet Tail’s tail about it.
Next, Lancer dropped off a package of Ham, which caused the two wolves to begin drooling at the scent. Their drooling grew as Lancer dropped off a couple packages of bacon.
'Kid's got taste,' Comet thought. The only thing that came close to his love of Twilight, was bacon.
Sweet, delicious, succulent, BACON.
Suddenly, the noise of human shoes walking across dirt.
“Shining did you-”
“Yup. Get outta there Lancer!”
Lancer responded from inside the house, “Okay, hold on! I’m trying to catch this funny running thing, it looks tas-” A loud yelp was heard when the cat swiped him in the nose. “Ow!”
Lancer stumbled out of the side window, a large cut on his nose. But he barely noticed the pain as he bolted off into the woods, with Comet and Shining following close behind.
“That was way too close,” Comet Tail said.
“No kidding,” Lancer replied, “And we put the girls through this?”
“It’s either that or fight a live caribou,” Comet answered.
Lancer thought about it for a minute. “Sounds like a good enough reason.”
"Will you two quit yapping? They'll hear us," Shining hushed.
---
Celestia was looking outside of the den. Luna was reported missing, leaving Eclipse to lead the pack in her place. 'Where are you, Lu-Lu?'
Celestia lay down in the den, resting her head on her forelegs.
It wasn’t solely because of her relationship with Luna that Celetia was distressed, but also because of the failing hunts and disorganized gatherings that she was worried.
Eclipse walked into the den folding his wings as he entered. Upon sitting, Celestia got to her paws. "Still nothing," Celestia asked.
Eclipse sighed, "No, I don't know what happened, I just woke up and she was- gone..."
Solaris got up and looked at his best friend. “We’ll find her, Eclipse. Don’t worry. How’s Lancer.”
“He’s doing fine, but he has yet to learn about it.”
“I see.”
“Yeah, I darted out to look for her before I could wake him.”
Just as he finished that sentence, Wisteria walked in. “I came as soon as I heard,” She said, “Everyone in my pack is looking for her now. I can’t believe this happened.”
Solaris nodded, "This is distressing. As soon as Shining Armor returns I'll see that he's on the job."
Eclipse nodded, “And what about Cadence?”
“I’ve already sent a messenger to her pack,” Celestia said, “I’m waiting for her response.”
“Thank you, because at this point, we’ll need all the help we can get.”
Before Celestia could reply, Shining Armor, Comet Tail, and Lancer entered the den. All bowing.
The three males dropped the various items that had been in their mouths, but looked up to see Celestia, a sad expression on her face.
Comet and Shining looked at each other, while Lancer scanned the faces. Celestia, Eclipse, Solaris, and Wisteria were present, but there was one face that was missing. He immediately thought, ‘Where’s Mom?’
Celestia saw the look of concern on her nephew's face, and asked that she and he be alone, except Eclipse. Everyone else understood and began to slowly exit the den.