• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 1,542 Views, 7 Comments

My Little Wolf - Autobot Lancewing



In an alternate universe where everyone's wolves, they must fight between life and death.

  • ...
8
 7
 1,542

Reunion Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Lancer looked at Megan’s necklace trying to find some meaning to it, but he couldn't recognize anything. He asked, "So...you got this from your grandmother, correct?"
“Yes,” Megan answered, “It used to belong to my mother before she passed away.”
"Uh-huh.... Did she ever talk to wolves?"
“Not that I know of.”
"Hmm... Weird..."
“She said that only certain people could use it.”
"Well, guess its a good thing you can, huh? Someone else might abuse that gift."
“I’ll say.”
Lancer sighed, "Bright Eyes would love to talk with you.
"Who’s Bright Eyes?”
“Oh, she… um… she’s a friend of mine.”
"I see... Do you miss her?"
"Yeah...a lot..."
“I'm sorry, I hope she's okay..."
“Well, considering that she’s taking command while my Mom’s… well…”
"What?" Megan asked, scratching behind Lancer's ear.
“She beca-”
Suddenly, the sky began to grow dark. Megan looked outside. “What in the world?”
Lancer’s heart sank. “No… No, no, no, no, no… Not now…”
"What's wrong?"
“It’s Nightmare Moon. She found us.”
"Who?"
An eerie, dark blue mist began to appear before a flash of light covered the room. In its place stood Nightmare Moon. “I believe he was referring to me,” the new wolf replied.
"Wha-? How did she- What did she-?" Megan was dumbstruck.
Lancer was just as baffled, but then he remembered. “It was my telepathy spell, wasn’t it? You were able to trace my location using that, weren’t you?”
"Now, now, a magician never reveals her secrets..." Nightmare Moon sneered. "But that was a foolish thing to do, didn't you know it could potentially hurt your friends and loved ones?"
“Leave them out of this. It should be their choice whether or not to be involved, not some evil force who HAS POSSESSED MY MOTHER!”
Megan looked at Lancer, "This is your mom?"
“You’re only half right. The wolf you see before you is using my mother’s body as a host. Her soul is only capable of watching what happens.”
A shiver went through Megan's spine, it was like a horror film in the real world.
Lancer focused his attention back to Nightmare Moon. He lifted up his head and gave a long, loud howl.
"Stop that!" Nightmare Moon yelled in pain.
“Oh that’s your weakness? I was just calling for help.”
Suddenly, a yellow beam hit Nightmare Moon in the side, resulting in a yelp from the dark wolf.
"Gah!” Nightmare Moon exclaimed in pain.
Celestia emerged from the doorway, “How did you find us?”
“Oh it was simple, someone tried a telepathy spell, I traced it, and I’m pretty sure you know the rest.”
Celestia shot a quick glare at Lancer, then looked at Nightmare Moon, “Why are you here? The majority of the pack is out there.”
“You’re here, and so is Lancer. I think you know why I am here.”I
“Give yourself up,” Lancer teased.
“No, I am here to eliminate you.”
“Well...it was worth a shot.” Suddenly, Lancer fired his own shot, but she blocked it.
“Does anyone else wish to oppose me?”
“I do,” another voice said.
Everyone looked to reveal…
“Twilight,” Celestia gasped, “Stay back! It’s too dangerous.”
Twilight ignored her leader, and fired a purple beam at Nightmare Moon’s chest.
Nightmare Moon fired her own beam, and it collided with Twilight’s. Both beams remained at a stand still, neither wolf faltering, it felt that way for hours. But then, Nightmare Moon’s beam began to grow larger, and began to push Twilight’s beam back! Twilight swallowed, she wasn’t sure how much more she could give.
She was about to give up when another beam was projected to strengthen her own. Twilight could feel that it was Comet’s magic. The combined force of the couple began to drive Nightmare Moon’s beam back! Slowly, but surely, the tag team worked. Their beam hit Nightmare Moon’s horn, knocking her against the wall.
Twilight looked up to see Nightmare Moon shoot her a glare, before vanishing in a flash of smoke. She let out a sigh of relief before she collapsed.
"TWILIGHT!" Everyone in the room cried.
Megan bolted to the lavender she-wolf, scooped her up, ran towards the medical room. She placed Twilight on the medical table and placed her hand on Twilight’s chest, feeling for a heartbeat.
It felt weak, but it WAS there. ‘Please hang on, Twilight’.
“What happened,” Comet demanded upon entering the room.
“I don’t know,” Megan snapped back, “Celestia said something earlier that using too much magic could hurt pup, but I don’t know why it would be affecting Twilight.”
Comet sighed, “Is there anything you can do for them?”
“I don’t know, I’m not a vet…”
“Well is there anyone that is?”
"No, not here."
Comet remained silent. Twilight on the other hand had something to say. "M- Megan..." Her voice was weak.
Megan bent down closer to Twilight and bent her ear towards her. “Is Celestia in here?”
“I’m right here, Twilight,” Celestia said as she walked up.
"I-I'm sorry..."
Celestia nuzzled her. “There was no other way. You did the right thing.”
"But...I killed my pup... Maybe I'm not meant to be a mother…”
“I’m afraid the pup isn’t the only one that didn’t pull through. The strain from using your magic in that moment was enough to kill you both.”
Twilight sighed, "Can I talk to Comet?"
“I’m standing right here, you know,” Comet chuckled trying to lighten the moment.
"Comet? Promise me you'll find another mate? One that will be a good mate and mother to your pups, not like me."
“How can I find one that’s better than you?”
Twilight smiled, "You can... "
Lancer, Spike, and Shining rushed into the room only to find that the unthinkable was about to happen.
Comet paid them little mind, gazing into the large, purple eyes of his mate, "I can't do the impossible, Twilight. You will always be my mate."
Twilight wasn't sure what to say, tears streamed down her cheeks.
Comet nuzzled Twilight’s head, “I love you.”
“I love… you…”
Before another word could be uttered, she let out her last breath; her body went limp.