• Published 7th Mar 2012
  • 1,402 Views, 39 Comments

My Little Dashie Tribute - Olimak



Read My Little Dashie before!

  • ...
11
 39
 1,402

Part 2

I took a deep breath before revealing the truth; I knew it wasn’t going to be that easy, and that Applejack would have a lot of questions… I had to be ready.

“Uhm, what’s wrong dad?”

Boom… mindshot. I hadn’t heard that word in, what? Seven years? And it just hit me like the first time Dashie said that. A tear… no, this isn’t the time for crying! This is the time of being honest, of telling the truth to Applejack, the time to correct the mistake I did once before.

“Come over here, Applejack”. I said calmly. “Look through the window”

“Well, yeh, those apple trees sure are big”

“No AJ” at that time, I started to call her like that, Jackie just didn’t seem a good name for her. “What you’re seeing through the window, is a representation of your real home”

“What in tarnation are you tal—“

“Please, let me finish. You’ll see” I took another deep breath; just to be sure this was the right thing. Ok, here we go. “This isn’t your real home. You fell in my yard while I was searching for my house’s keys. Somehow, you survived the fall, but most importantly, somehow, you fell in my farm, in my world.” I said. I grabbed the remote control and turned on the TV. This was going to be hard to explain.

The TV turned on, in the Hub channel. I had enabled it a while before, and an Applejack episode of My Little Pony was airing right now. Everything was set up.

“This is where you belong. It’s a place called Equestria, were you live with other five ponies” I softly said.

“Is –“she murmured, “Is that me?”

“No, Applejack. You are the pony from the show, but you yourself are a different pony from the show” I said that, trying to remember what I said the first time that this happened to me. ‘Ha’ I thought, ‘it’s weird how this happened to me twice’

“Now, do you have any questions you want me to answer?” I said with a smile, trying to suffocate the shock that the truth had given to her.

“Yea, I actually have some questions!” she said with the best poker face I’ve ever seen. She really knows how to hide her emotions and feelings.

“Okay, go on”

-------------------------

Minutes later, all the questions were answered. Believe me, they were A LOT! Though, I could answer each one of them. But AJ didn’t seem to be really happy about the news. She now knows that she’s lost in another world, rather than hers. And, the worst thing, if that she now knows that she’ll have to go back someday, and, leave me here, thing which doesn’t make me happy either.

I came upstairs, to see how well she was doing. I knocked the door, but there was no answer. ‘No, falling from here would have hurt her, badly, and she knows it. She also has no wings, so can’t have escaped.’ I understood, that maybe it wasn’t the right time, so I decided to go for a walk.

“I’m going for a walk AJ! Be right back soon”

But, when I got out from the house, I saw her. She was bucking the apple trees, collecting those sweet and shiny red apples and putting them in buckets. Just like the Applejack from the show.

“Oh, there you are! I thought you were closed in your room, mad at me” I said

“Mad at you? Why would I be?”

“Because the truth might really hurt some times” I said while looking down to the floor.

“Don’t – worry, no – hard feelings” She added while bucking a tree.

She had really become an apple bucker. A real farmer. She was quite good, but needed practice, and she sometimes missed, which made the work harder for her. Her direction had to be corrected as well.

“WAIT, NO!”

*Boom* I passed out

-------------------------


I woke up, in the grass. I didn’t remember what happened, but I knew it hadn’t been something good, I felt really, really bad, I was having a terrible pain on my chest. I opened my eyes, but I didn’t saw a worried Applejack, nor apple trees, not even a farm. I saw, what was it? A park? I didn’t know how the hell I got there. I know that we can’t magically teleport in our world. So, I was either transported here somehow, by car or something, or this was a dream. I decided to find out.

I got up, with great effort. The pain was ceasing, luckily, but the biggest problem I had, was the unknown location I found myself into. “Where am I?” I said. I must add that I felt the weird feeling of knowing this place. Is there any park that I’ve been into before? “Yeah, the one near my old house. The only in which my little Dashie learned to fly. But this place was converted into a big factory, wasn’t it?” I didn’t know what to do, but just then, I saw a man walking through the street.

“Hello!” I yelled as hard as my chest let me. “HEEELLOO!” But, no answer was given by the stranger. “Maybe he couldn’t hear me from here, I should get nearer him”

I ran for a moment towards him, my chest pained a little, but my curiosity always wins, so I continued no matter what. I finally got next to him…

“Excuse me” I said “Can you tell me what place is this?”….
Still, there was no answer to my question. ‘Maybe he’s deaf? But, if he is, how will I ask him where am I?’ My next step was to touch him. My finger got closer, and closer to the man’s shoulder, only to pass through him, like a ghost.

“What? I can’t touch him? Is he an hallucination, or am I? Am I dead? Or is this a just dream?” A lot of questions passed through my mind, but, I preferred to think it was a dream. “Ok, is there anypony – eh, anybody else in here?” No, there wasn’t. The only person walking in these streets was him, so I decided to follow him. After some minutes of walking, I saw something beautiful, something that gave me a lot of joy, and pain, something that had changed my life forever. A box.

The man walked towards it, with a curious look in his face. ‘I think I know what’s going on in here, but I still need something that confirms my idea’ I though. And my idea wasn’t wrong at all.

He slowly opened the box, he couldn’t know whether there was something extremely fragile in it. After some seconds, you could see a big smile on his face. But, he stumbled, and hit the box. Moments later, you could see something yellow, no, red, wait no, orange, maybe all of them, coming out of the box. My heart stopped for a moment.

“That guy… that guy is me. I’m that guy” I said, very surprised that I couldn’t recognize my past self before. “That’s me, discovering what gave me the best 15 years of my life. That’s me, discovering Dashie. My, little Dashie” I saw that guy – well, myself, picking up Dashie. I closed my eyes, letting a tear flow through my cheek, and passed out.

I finally woke up, but I was in no other place than my home. I could see the farm, the trees, and lastly, Applejack next to me.

“UGH, darn it…. What, what happened?” I faked; I couldn’t just know that I had a broken rib, and that I had to get some medical attention.

“I thought you’d never wake up! I’m so, so sorry dad!” She said with tears in her face

“What happened?” I said, still faking.

“I missed, that’s what happened. I kicked you. I’m so, so sorry!” She said, still crying

“Don’t worry Applejack. It’s ok. Accidents happen you know that!” I answered.

I really felt bad again. In my dream, memory, or whatever that was, the pain had disappeared, but in real life, it hadn’t. It touched my chest, to see if I still had a broken rib, and, of course it was still there.

“Help me up AJ, I have to go to the hospital” I said, while trying to get up from the ground. She extender her hoof, and I held it tight. I got up, and walked to the car.

“I’ll go to the hospital so they can fix my rib, I’ll be back in a few da—. What are you doing?”

“Did ya think I was goin’ to leave ye alone? No, I’m commin’ with ya!”

“You can’t, everybody would see you. Also, even if I say you’re my pet or something, I don’t think they let you in”

“Then you’ll have to make yer best! Cuz I’m not leaving you alone!”

We drove to the hospital. It was a tough struggle, since the pain my chest was producing didn’t let me drive quite well. When we finally got there, I asked if my pet could come in. I said it was a young pony, since ponies, for most of the people, are like horses, just that a little bit different. I also hoped for nobody to know Applejack, or MLP:FiM.

Somehow, I finally got the nurse to let my “pet” in.

“Now, they’ll let you in. But, nor ponies, nor pets talk in our world. So you can’t say a single word, unless we’re alone, ok?”

“Alrite sugar cube” She answered, and we entered the hospital

“The doctor will attend you in a few minutes, when he’s done with the other patient” Said the nurse. Good, I wanted to be out of there as soon as I can.

The patient finally got out, and I could get into the office. Applejack came with me. I lied to the doctor that one of the horses I had in my farm had kicked me.

“Does it hurt if I touch here?” He asked, while putting his hand over my chest

“Yes, a lot”

“Yeah, you got a broken rib then. Let’s take you a x-ray of your chest shall we?”

“Ok” I said, expecting the worse.

The doctor left the room for a moment.

“Will you be alrite, dad?” Applejack asked

“Sure, don’t worry, we’ll get through this, and everything will get back to normal” I hope…

The doctor then returned with the results.

“You’ll need surgery sir” he said. Damn…

“What’s the risk if I don’t do it?” I asked

“Sir, your broken rib is really close to your heart. If you do not submit to the surgery, the least movement will probably move the rib, making a hole in your heart, causing a hemorrhage, killing you. You need the surgery”

“Ok then, but when will it be?”

“Tomorrow, we need to fix this as fast as we can. You’ll have to spend the rest of the day here, however” He said

Some questions later, I was in my own room, on my own hospital bed. I answered any questions Applejack had before closing my eyes and sleeping.

“I’m very, very sorry dad”

“Don’t worry, tomorrow, everything’s going to be fixed” I said, and closed my eyes.