• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 439 Views, 1 Comments

The Friendship Mafia - FlareGun45



An FiE spin-off of the character Herb Leafhorn, and his side of the story. He joins the Friendship Mob to bring peace to the city of Mareami, and beyond.

  • ...
9
 1
 439

Killer Princess

In a dark cell on board a Zeppelin, Poni was just regaining his senses from sleeping. He moans as he tries to regain consciousness, and rubs his head while he was at it. “Boss!” Bright Wing said as he and Star Trot run over to him and help him up. “Boss, are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Poni said. “Where are we?”

“Back into the land of the living!” Wing said.

“What?! Was I dead?!” Poni asked surprisingly.

“Knock it off, Wing!” Star instructed him. “We’re on board the Zeppelin. We got ambushed. The Sharks sabotaged everything. They set us up. The Commission thinks we’re the bad ponies.”

“Wha-what?” Poni asked. “Well… like a typical jealous type. This is going to be harder than I thought.”

“Of course it is, Poni!” my pop said as he and my brother walked inside the cell, along with a couple of their goons.

“Leafhorn Senior!” Poni said mischievously. “How good to see you again! Jealous much?”

“I don’t know what the Commission would want with a bunch of capitalist scumbags like YOU!” my pop said.

“How are we capitalists in any way?” Poni asked.

“You think you’re doing the right thing? You’re not.” My pop said. “You’re a bunch of liars! You lie to everypony, and you even lie to yourselves! Look at you! You’re persuading yourselves that you’re the good ponies, but really, you’re gangsters. Good or bad, it doesn’t matter. You’re law-breakers, Hell-raisers.”

“Ooooo, he said ‘Hell’. Tough guy. Big pone.” Wing said sarcastically.

“What are you talking about?” Poni asked pop.

“We’re exactly the same, Cipriani.” My pop said. “You’re a bunch of criminals, just like us!”

“THAT’S A LIE!” Poni yelled as he stood up, but then my brother tazes him and he collapses on the ground while Star and Bright catch him.

“Is it?” my pop asked.

“Ugh!” Poni groaned in pain. “We don’t steal. We don’t try to ruin pony’s lives. We’re trying to save ponies.”

“That’s not your job.” My pop said. “Of course you’re not thieves, but think about it. You commit to violence as you try to stop us. You send your boys all around Mareami while my goons cause trouble, and you just use your goons to clean up their messes, and the city pays you for it, but really, you’re stealing from the city. You scare ponies. You don’t save them! Everypony thinks you’re criminals!”

“The Friendship Mafia uses their prowess for good.” Star said.

“Prowess, heh!” Wing chuckled. “What kind of word is that?”

“The amount of trouble you put Mareami through. We’re heroes.” Star explained. “We try to make peace in Mareami. We’re trying to tell criminals like you to stay away! This is our town!”

“I don’t think you understand.” My pop said. “Have you ever heard of a protection racket?”

“Yes.” Wing said.

“Yeah.” Star said.

“No you haven’t.” my pop said. “A protection racket is when an organization forces to protect a community or even some shop to pay them for protection.”

“We don’t force anypony to pay us anything!” Poni said.

“But did the city ask for your protection?” my pop asked. “Did the city ask any type of organization not owned by the city to protect them from other criminals? Did the city ask you to stop crime in Mareami? What if we’re not as you expect we are?”

“I always thought that mustache you have was fake.” Wing said.

“What if we actually worked for the government?” pop asked. “What if we do what we do to stop crime? Hmm?”

“Yeah, I highly doubt that.” Poni said.

“Maybe I don’t, maybe you are right about me.” Pop said. “But it doesn’t matter. You’re here now.” He walks over to Poni, looks down and said, “Look at me.” He does so for a few seconds. “You belong to us now. I have a plan to end the- LOOK AT ME!”

“WHY?!” Poni yelled. “I don’t want to see your ugly face!”

“Though the mustache is pretty cool.” Wing said.

“Wing, shhh.” Star shushed him.

My pop then smacks Poni in the face. “DON’T BE SMART WITH ME, CIPRIANI!”

“Hey! Don’t you dare slap the boss!” Star demanded. “Slap us on his behalf!”

“You two are just his goons! You two are nothing!” pop said. “I’m interested in having you and Bright Wing to join us, Star Trot. Plus, Bright Wing complimented my mustache. I can’t slap him for that.”

“Sorry, Mr. Leafhorn, but we’ll have to decline that offer.” Star said. “We’re loyal to our boss until the end.”

“Of course.” Pop nodded. “How rude of me. I gave you two the offer right in front of him. Perhaps we can talk privately.”

“Sorry, Mr. Leafhorn.” Wing said. “As cool as your mustache is, it’s not our duty as Friendship Mobsters to betray Cipriani.”

“I see.” Pop nodded. “We’ll talk about this later. For now, you three better stay comfee in here. By the time I get back, you better give me some info on my son. We can even play dirty if we want to.”

“VERY dirty!” Autumn added.

“Alright, Autumn, settle down.” Pop instructed him. “I need you to do something for me.”

“Anything for you pop!” Autumn said.

“Good boy! I need you to set up an ambush. The Friendship Mob is coming, and we need to get ready.” Pop said.

“Can we use the mobs’ help?” Autumn asked.

“You can try, but Mr. Marmellata has a plan of his own.” Pop said to him. “He’s trying to lure somepony else to him, but we must stay focused on our foes. Can we do this?” Autumn smiles and nods.

Poni was feeling really nervous on what my pop might plan to do to him. But he doesn’t have to wait any longer. The Friendship Mob is coming to the rescue!

Once our plane hit the ground, we weren’t exactly in Manehatten yet. I mean we were in the city, but not on the Manehatten island. We were on the Princesses island. It was home to Meadow Songs Park which housed the Uniglobe and the Pony State Pavilion, and it was where the Celestial Festival used to be located until Magic World and Magic Land was made. Also that’s the first place we’re going. After getting picked up via limo at the airport, my friends and I were discussing our plan.

“Ah, Princesses! It’s not the heart of Manehatten, but I love it here!” Annabelle said. “The great thing about this island is that it’s so quiet and peaceful. I remember when I went on vacation here and went to Meadow Songs Park and relaxed at the Uniglobe water fountain.”

“I kinda smell seafood.” Angel said.

“We’re not at the south port though.” Annabelle reminded him.

“Sorry that was my leftovers in the trunk.” The driver said.

“I’m kinda disappointed.” Turnip said. “When they said limo, I didn’t expect them to send an SUV carriage.”

“Yeah I don’t get that either.” Clay said. “Say one thing when you really meant another.”

“Alright guys, let’s keep focus.” I said. “We need to find the Commission blimp and rescue Poni.”

“Just like that?” Clay asked. “Brother, you know how many mobsters are in that blimp right now?”

“Clay’s right, H.” Annabelle said. “We can’t just barge into the blimp and expect it to be easy-greasy.”

“How about stealth?” Angel suggested.

“Perhaps, we need an inside pony.” Annabelle said.

“Well we might have some luck. I have a contact down here that might help us with what we need.” Turnip said. “She’s a technical expert like me, and she has something we need to hack the blimp. She also has connections to an underground organization.”

“Can you trust this pony though?” Annabelle asked.

“Oddly enough.” Turnip said. “I met her online, but I’m pretty suspicious over ponies I meet online. I dunno if I can 100% trust them. Sometimes I, er, arrange some of my online friends to meet me in person, but all I do is sit in my carriage across the street from them, and… stare at them. Now… they… know a glimpse of my childhood.” We all just stared at him freakily.

“Ok I’m just going to ignore that, boy, and let’s just meet with this one pony.” Angel said. “And I don’t mean stalk her.”

“Oh… ok.” Turnip said. “I guess its better we just…” he clears his throat, “…talk to her.”

“Who is this mare?” Clay asked.

“Mare goes by the name of Sunflower Seed.” Turnip said. “She’s not the type of pony to be messed with, rest assured. You won’t expect much tolerance from her if she’s annoyed, so Angel, keep quiet.”

“Fine.” Angel said. “I’ll keep quiet if you don’t be such a stalker, boy. In fact, boy, don’t even look at her.”

“Well I gotta look at her to tell you what she looks like, and I have to talk to her, but if we go over and talk to her I won’t have much of a reason to be a stalker because the hard part’s already done.” Turnip explained.

“So where is she?” I asked.

“We’re meeting Sunflower at Meadow Songs Park, in the Pony State Pavilion next to the two towers.” Turnip said.

“Why there out of all places?” Annabelle asked.

“Well we need to stay hidden because we have no doubts the Sharks are coming after us.” Turnip said.

“Ah how nice. Same battles, different city.” Clay said sarcastically.

“Well let’s hope it doesn’t have to come to that.” Annabelle said. “Mareami already went through a lot with us fighting the Sharks, and they’re lucky to have a break with them. We don’t need Princesses or any other part of the city to suffer the same way.”

“Right.” I said. “But that’s not what worries me. What could Poni be doing trapped in a blimp full of criminals… with my pop?”

“Drinking tea?” Angel asked.

“Really, Angel?” I asked.

“Why not?” Angel asked. “It’s a street drink!”

“Where on Earth did you get tea as a street drink?” Annabelle asked.

“Well sometimes in Gangsville Ave. I see ponies throw Styrofoam cups out of their carriage windows, littering our fair streets, boy!” Angel said.

“What does that have to do with tea?” Annabelle asked.

“Uh, coffee is close to tea! Duh!” Angel said.

“Well at least he didn’t make a ‘fresh ground’ coffee joke.” Clay whispered.

“You just did.” Turnip reminded him.

“Oh…. sh**t.” Clay mumbled. “Hey! Why did you bleep me out?! I said ‘shoot’!” Sorry about that, Clay. Just kinda had the feeling.

Anyways when we got dropped off to Meadow Songs Park, we got a good few of the Interglobe, and the Pony State Pavilion was just on the opposite end of the park. We needed to walk over there for probably a quarter mile. Might as well burn some calories while we’re at it.

“Ah! Meadow Songs Park!” Clay said as he takes a sniff. “So beautiful out here!”

“I still smell seafood.” Angel said. “Boy, I think that scent is stuck in my nose.”

Over at the Interglobe fountain, I flick in a coin and closed my eyes. Annabelle walked over and asked, “Aww. Made a wish?”

“No, he just wasted money by throwing a bit down a fountain because he felt like it.” Turnip said sarcastically.

“Turnip, does everything need to be a joke for you?” Annabelle asked.

“HA! Tell Angel that!” Turnip laughed.

“Tell Angel what?” Angel asked.

“Don’t get passed Angel and his streets… boy.” Annabelle teased.

“Wow, is that really how I sound?” Angel asked. “No wonder everypony’s asking me to shut up.” During that conversation, it seemed like we were being watched by somepony.

So we walked through the park. It was pretty creepy and foggy out though. We’re going to diiiiiie! Just as we got to the pavilion, we saw a strange looking hooded figure up ahead. I got a little creeped out by it. “Ah, there she is!” Turnip said.

“That’s her?” I asked. “That’s creepy!”

“She likes to blend in. She’s not an all-out kind of girl.” Turnip said.

“The complete opposite of us, boy.” Angel said.

We walked over to her and she looked right at us. I could barely see her face. I could only see her muzzle. The rest of her face was blocked by the dark shadow of her hood. “Sunflower Seed. It is… nice to finally meet you!” Turnip said hesitantly.

“Friendship Mafia?” she asked.

“Yep!” Turnip said.

“Were you followed?” she asked.

“I dunno, were we guys?” Turnip asked us.

“No idea. I mean, we don’t think so.” Clay said.

“Exactly!” Sunflower said. “You could’ve been followed but don’t know for sure. The real question is: do you know you were followed? I taught my little sister that trick. It pays to be clever to those you find suspicious.”

“I like your style!” Turnip said.

“So, Turnip, who are your friends?” Sunflower asked.

“Oh this here is Annabelle, Angel, Clay, and Herb.” Turnip said. “Why? You wearing a wire or something?”

“Do I look like I’m wearing a wire to you?” Sunflower asked as she uncovered her body to show us there’s no wire. “See? Is that enough proof for you boys?” None of us said anything. “Huh? Uh, guys?”

“I dunno what their problem is.” Annabelle said. “Do they want to look long and hard that there’s not a wire on you?”

“I’m sorry what?” Clay asked.

“Whatever.” Sunflower said as she covered again. “Now then, you’re here for the… thing right?” she asked as she flicked her nose.

“Yeah,” Turnip said, “the… beedy-boppy-boo and the biddy-boopy.”

“No, the da-da-da, and the guy with the hat.” Sunflower said.

“No the boopy-boop and the-“ Turnip whistles.

“Oh right, that.” Sunflower nodded.

“And I thought Angel spoke gibberish.” Clay whispered.

“We already made a joke about the way I talk, boy.” Angel whispered.

“What are you two talking about?” I asked.

“We can’t say, not out here.” Sunflower said as she takes out a paintball gun and shoots a pony that was on top of one of the towers up above. The pony begins to freefall until he lands into some bushes. The pony stands back up holding his head in pain.

“What was that?!” Clay yelled.

“So we WERE followed!” Annabelle said.

“Exactly! But we didn’t know!” Angel said. Just then we all figured out it was all an ambush. A couple of mobsters were sneaking up on us from behind. They incapacitated Clay and Annabelle, but Angel was able to catch and flip over the one behind him. “WHOA, MAN- I mean boy!”

A bunch of mobsters begin to surround us from behind the walls and bushes. We all started fighting them right after Angel kicks some of the mobsters off Annabelle and Clay so they could join along. As we fought these mobsters, they had pretty sweet moves, some that the Sharks never had. This was all planned out. It was well-organized. These were not the Sharks. They had moves like ninjas. A few of us were nearly defeated, but not Angel. He has moves far more impressive than I ever imagined. He provided a great distraction as the rest of us were able to stain their outfits. Mustard and black stealth outfits just don’t get along with eachother, do they?

Most of the mobsters have been defeated and retreated, and the rest were on the ground spazing out. Angel places his hoof on one of the mobsters’ stomachs and yells, “And that’s how the streets rule!”

“NICE, Angel!” I said excitedly. “I never thought you had it in you, but those were sweet moves!”

“I’ll say, A!” Annabelle agreed.

“Yep! You provided excellent bait as we finished them off!” Turnip teased.

“Alright, alright, let’s settle down.” Sunflower said as she removed her hood and we finally saw her face. It turns out, she was a pink earth pony with oval-shaped green eyes, straight blonde hair which wasn’t too long and not too short with a daisy in it, and she had white freckles on her cheeks. She blows on her hair and said, “We stopped them now, but no doubt more will be coming soon. I have to take you somewhere, and I know just how to get there to make sure we weren’t followed. Follow me.”

“How do we not know you’re not setting us up to another ambush?” Turnip asked.

“This is no time to be wise, Turnip!” Sunflower said without tolerance. “We need to get to somewhere safe. I have the equipment you need, but you need to follow my instructions! No other way!”

“As you wish, boss.” Turnip said. Sunflower just rolled her eyes as she started walking, and we followed her. The fog started to clear throughout the park, so it was easier to see. There were several ponies in the park at this time – joggers, bike-riders, somepony playing a saxophone for money, but there weren’t any ponies watching us suspiciously, so we were clear for the time being. This would be as good of a chance as any to have a conversation.

“What were those ponies that attacked us? They weren’t Sharks, that’s for sure!” Clay said.

“Stealth? Ninja moves? Wear pajamas at work? That was the Penna Family.” Annabelle said.

“That explains a lot.” I said. “They were faster than a speedin’ bullet.”

“Not as fast as I, boyly-boy!” Angel said as he flexes his muscles.

“Yes, you were an animal, Angel.” Turnip said sarcastically.

“But wait.” I stopped them. “It’s the Sharks that are after us though. Why did the Penna Family come after us?”

“Ain’t it obvious, H?” Annabelle asked. “The Sharks are tricking the Commission into thinking we’re the enemy. They’re bringing the other four families against us, so they wouldn’t lose their seat.”

“Jeez, I didn’t think they’d agree with them.” I said. “My pop is not a clever pony. I dunno how he could get the other families against us, unless he has a trick up his sleeve, or somepony working along side him. Marmellata, perhaps?”

“What does Marmellata have against us?” Annabelle asked. “He wants us to be a part of the Commission. That trick that your dad played against us must’ve been more effective than we thought.”

“Marmellata is not a dumb pony.” Sunflower said. “If he were a dumb pony, the Commission would’ve fell into the hooves of another family, or worse.”

“Or better.” Angel corrected her.

“Correct me again, and I’ll make your eyes over easy.” Sunflower threatened him.

“YO, GIRL!” Angel yelled. “You think you can mess with-“ Clay and Annabelle both covered Angel’s mouth.

“He doesn’t mean anything by it, don’t worry.” Clay said.

“Yeah, he’s an idiot, but he’s still an effective team member.” Angel said.

“I know. That’s the only reason he’s still alive right now.” Sunflower said as Angel was hesitating the struggle that Clay and Annabelle were holding back on him. They released Angel and he calmed down.

“But that was the Penna family that was after us.” I said. “They’re the strongest of the families. It would appear that the hardest is over if each family is going after us.”

“I really wish you wouldn’t say that.” Annabelle said.

“Too bad.” I smirked. “I just did.”

On the way to wherever we were going were ambushed by another hit crew, and it was still the Penna family, so the same family hit us twice. Is it going to be the same family attacking us every time, or will there be more? I have no clue. But within the hour after walking around the streets of Princesses, taking an El-Train through Hooflyn as we saw Marmellata mobsters down on the street walking towards a nearby brick building across the street. It was weird though, but I guess criminal business must continue with some families.

After we got off the train, we went down to a subway and returned to Princesses. When we got out of the subway, we were back at Meadow Songs Park. “Why are we back here?” Clay asked.

“Don’t question me.” Sunflower demanded as she blew on her hair.

“We’re trying to confuse whoever’s following us, I’m assuming.” Turnip said.

“Over here is the entrance to our hideout.” Sunflower said as she pointed to a sewer drain near the Pavilion.

“Well, boy, I’m glad we burned some calories on that walk.” Angel said.

So we headed inside the nasty sewer system and followed the stream to the hideout, along with Sunflower leading the way. “You’re right, Angel. I now have the scent of seafood.” Clay said.

“My nose no longer works at this point, Clayton.” Angel said.

“Shh, your voice echoes through the sewer.” Sunflower whispered. “Wait until we get to the hideout.”

“How far do we have to go?” Clay whispered.

“Until we get there.” Sunflower whispered back. It seems more of a legitimate reason as any. We had to walk a mile and a half in the sewer before we finally made it to a dark passageway. “Through here.” She said. When we followed her in, Annabelle was about to take out a flashlight, but Sunflower said to him, “No flashlights.”

“But it’s really dark in there!” Annabelle whined.

“Too bad. Face your fear.” Sunflower said. “That’s what I always say to my sister.”

“It’s not the dark I’m afraid of, S.” Annabelle said. “I’m just afraid of bumping into something and hurting my very sensitive nose. I bleed really easily.”

“Well stand behind one of your friends and quit your whinin’.” Sunflower instructed her.

“Sweet girl.” Clay whispered.

“Ow! That was my hoof, boy!” Angel said.

“Sorry, that was me.” I said.

“Didn’t have to admit that. Nopony can see anything right now.” Turnip said.

“Ew! I smell something nasty!” Clay said.

“We’re near a sewer, Clay.” Annabelle reminded him.

“Yo, is it the smell of seafood?” Angel asked. “Cause, boy, I’ve been there!”

“No it smells… dead.” Clay said.

“Yeah there’s gold fish in the sewers that later turn into mutant zombie monsters.” Annabelle said.

“No I smell… well, something similar.” Clay said. “Something like…” Just then, the tunnel lights up showing a smelly zombie monster right in front of us. We all screamed, and Clay fainted.

“Will you wimps relax?” Sunflower asked us as she didn’t get startled by it. “It’s only a defense magnesium. It’s not even a real monster, nor is it organic. It’s just a sheet filled with cotton inside and stinky aftershave.”

“Frightening and awful at the same time! I like it!” Turnip said.

“Thanks!” Sunflower said happily. “I don’t take all the credit for it, but I thought of the aftershave.”

“So… may we come in?” I asked.

“Of course! Make yourselves at home, just don’t touch anything, and wipe your hooves on the mat.” Sunflower instructed us. So we did so as we walked in and took a look around.

This hideout was a bit bigger than I thought. It looked like an underground club along with a couple of barracks and appliances, as well as a bar area and lounge games like pool and pinball. “Wow-we! We need a clubhouse like this!” Clay commented.

“Perhaps if we have left over funding after Poni buys his new house maybe we can get a new club.” I suggested.

“Unless his new house WILL be our club!” Annabelle suggested.

“I dunno we’ll see.” I said.

“Anyways, welcome to our hideout!” Sunflower said. “We’re all alone here now, so we might as well introduce ourselves. We’re the Manehatten-branch of the Friendship Mafia.”

I was pretty surprised after I heard that. “Really now? Poni never mentioned we had another branch.”

“Yeah, well, the thing is… we’re not part of YOUR Friendship Mafia.” One of the gang members said.

“Right, Poni didn’t form this group.” Sunflower corrected us. “We were just… encouraged from your group and your efforts in Mareami, and we really wanted to make a difference. Former bullies fighting bullies, which is how we came up with our name – the Anti-Bully Community, or the ABC for short.

“Preschoolers talk about us all the time!” one of the members teased.

“Really? We inspired you to make this group?” I asked.

“Yep!” Sunflower said. “It was going so well at first, but then… something happened. I bet you’re wondering why our hideout is so hidden.”

“Not really.” I admitted. “I mean I don’t feel comfortable hiding in plain sight either, but we’re from a city where underground hiding isn’t much of an option. We live in swampland, you see. Mareami used to be an expanded version of the Gatorglades swamps and the few settlements my family, the Guns, and the Jams lived in.”

“I see.” She nodded as she blew on her hair. “So as I was saying, we pretty much have a problem. You see, we fight the gangs that are causing harm to our fair ponies here in Manehatten as you do in Mareami, but then something happened. As we were fighting a rivalry family, we were surrounded by cops. We thought they were here to help us, and they did, at first. They arrested those we were fighting. We had to fight them. They were smashing a poor china shop owner’s store. But the cops weren’t just there for our enemies… they were there for us too. We came in quietly seeing what the fuss was about, but the city council said they didn’t like us fighting crime for them. It was the police’s job. We were free to go, however, but they didn’t want us doing what we were doing anymore.”

“So did you stop?” Annabelle asked.

“Of course not!” Sunflower said as she blew on her hair again. “We felt we had a job to do. We couldn’t just let these poor ponies suffer the wraths of these bullies. I hate bullies. I hate bullies so much. I’ve been bullied, my friends have been bullied, my family… not just my sister, but my little cousin from Ponyville, so I heard. I can’t just let these bullies get away with their actions and the cops don’t even do their jobs right. They don’t go after the bullies that are smash shops, beat up ponies, and steal their wealth, but instead, I see them chase down a homeless pony who stole a hotdog for his starving family.”

“Well, perhaps that’s your side of the story.” Annabelle said.

“Excuse me?” Sunflower asked insultingly.

“I’m just saying, S. That’s probably your version of the story, but what if there’s something you don’t know about?” Annabelle asked.

“I know what I saw.” Sunflower said angrily. “I’m not an idiot. The city council said it themselves – they don’t want our help. But we can’t just let these bullies take what doesn’t belong to them! Somepony’s gotta stop them, and it might as well be us. The cops don’t suspect a thing though because we’re so sneaky!”

“So wait a minute. Why do your cops have a problem with what you’re doing but our cops don’t mind us?” Clay asked.

“City councils work differently it would seem.” Sunflower said. “Do you boys have a corrupted city government?”

“I don’t think so.” I said.

“I think so.” Turnip said. “The city government was hired by the new owners of Mareami after the Jams sold the land to an unknown source.”

“Hired? Boy, weren’t they elected?” Angel asked.

“They were, but you know what money could do to ponies.” Turnip said. “Whoever this new owner is, he or she is obviously wanting to make Mareami into a worst state than it already is.”

“I don’t see anything wrong with Mareami other than the Sharks.” I said. “Well, that, and the heat, but that’s about it.”

“Exactly!” Turnip said. “These new government officials aren’t just corrupted, but they’re clever and sneaky, just like the ABCs here. It would seem that this newly formed government is rising the crime rate in the city for some reason, and the Sharks might have something to do with it.”

“Or the Commission.” Annabelle added.

“Maybe, but we can’t be too sure.” Turnip said. “I would doubt the Commission would have something to do with it though.”

“Why?” Clay asked.

“Because they’re trying to get rid of the Sharks.” Turnip said. “They want us to take their seat in the Commission, that is, before the Sharks got in the way and excused us for treason, and now they persuaded the Penna family to go after us.”

“And so that’s why you came to us, isn’t that right Turnip?” Sunflower asked.

“Yes. We need to go inside the blimp and rescue Poni.” Turnip said.

“Or you can prove once again you’re useful to the Commission.” Sunflower said.

“What do you mean?” Turnip asked.

“I mean, don’t make bigger enemies to the Commission by breaking into their blimp. We have to prove to them again that you’re useful.” Sunflower explained. “Go out on the streets and take out any bullies that threaten our fair community.”

“Good idea!” Turnip agreed.

“Or- or, I got a better idea.” I said.

“Ideas ain’t your strong suit, Herb.” Turnip said.

“Oh don’t be mean to him! Let’s just hear what your friend here has to say for himself.” Sunflower suggested.

“I have faith in him.” Annabelle said as he smiled at me.

I smiled back and then I said, “What if we did both?”

“Both?” Clay asked.

“Yeah, both!” I said. “We can prove to the Commission that we are useful to them by getting rid of the biggest threat currently in Manehatten!”

“Which is…” Turnip started.

“The Commission itself!” I said.

“Really, Herb? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard!” Turnip said. “How are we going to be able to work alongside the Commission if we’re going to take them out?”

“No… actually…” Sunflower said as she blew on her hair, “that’s the best idea I’ve ever heard!”

“Huh?” Turnip asked.

“What better way to prove to the Commission that you are useful to them than to take out squads of their best ponies?” Sunflower asked. “You can challenge the Commission to a fight. They’ll send a squad of ponies after you, and if you can best them, they may let you join the Commission, because they’re looking for strong ponies, aren’t they?”

“Exactly!” I said. “The challenge won’t be just fighting the squads though. The five families isn’t just about being able to best your foes in battle, but to steal valuable treasures being held by heavy security.”

“And that’s where the equipment we’re borrowing from you comes in, S!” Annabelle added.

“We’re going to breach the airship and rescue Poni – our most valuable treasure we have.” I explained. “We can take advantage over the disadvantage my pop thought he brought upon us.”

“But what makes you think the Commission is going to agree to this?” Turnip asked. “Plus, you know how shifty they can be?”

“Boy, you gotta chill and make the best of things.” Angel suggested. “Quit being so paranoid. The Commission will not doubt our chance to show them our street moves.”

“He’s right.” Clay said. “It’s the best way.”

“Well…” Turnip thought it over. “I guess I’ll get to the drawing board and think of a plan.”

“My most intelligent pony here can help you out.” Sunflower offered.

“Yeah I’m the most intelligent pony.” One of the ABC members said.

“In the meantime, the rest of you must rest.” Sunflower offered us. “Wow, tongue twist there. So when Turnip is finished with the plan, we can contact the Commission and challenge them. We’ll head out and take out anything the families could throw at us, and then we’ll breach the blimp and rescue your friend.”

“Yeah, our friend and two of his pets.” Clay mumbled.

“Whoa burn, boy!” Angel laughed.

After a while of resting and lounging, Turnip said he was almost done with the plan, so I took this time to challenge the Commission to this duel. Clay, Angel, and Annabelle were with me at the time. We met up with Sunflower in the communications room. “Well that’s unfortunate.” She said as she was on the phone and she blows on her hair. “Fine, I guess it’ll have to do. Thanks for telling me. Bye.” She hangs up.

“Who was on the phone?” I asked.

“My lawyers.” Sunflower said. “They said the name ‘Anti-Bullying Community’ or ABC is taken. We need to think of another one.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” I said.

“Perhaps after this blows over, we can change our name to the Manehatten-branch of the Friendship Mafia.” Sunflower requested.

“Sure, why not?” I asked.

“Radical! Alright, the phone’s yours.” Sunflower offered. “You do know their number, right?”

“Of course I do,” I said, “it’s… umm… 867-5309?”

“Turnip wrote it down. Here.” Annabelle gives the number on a pad to me.

“Ah, good!” I said as I grabbed it, and then I picked up the phone and dialed the number.

“You know what to say, right Herb?” Annabelle asked.

“I hope so.” I said.

“Good luck, brother.” Clay said.

“Tell them I said hi.” Angel offered. Just then, the computer screen in front of me started dinging. I got a bit confused on why that was happening, but as I looked over, it said ‘Contact request by Comquest101’.

“Isn’t that the username of the Commission?” Annabelle asked.

“I guess that’d rather video chat. Face-to-face.” I said.

“Alright then.” Annabelle said as she clicks ‘accept’. “Accept!” Just then, they immediately started requesting a chat. “Are you ready, H?”

“Just do it.” I said.

Annabelle accepts the call. “Aaaand, accept again.”

“Ah, son. I’ve been expecting you!” my pop said on the video chat of the Commission meeting room along with Neon Penna, Amore Fraterno, Mela Di Legno.

“Pop, fellow family dons.” I said. “I must say Penna, you put up quite a fight.”

“Of course, my friend! Anytime!” Neon Penna said. “It was great seeing your team’s skills put to the test.”

“Where’s Marmellata? Or his shadow at least?” Annabelle asked.

“He’s busy!” my pop yelled. “So you’ll have to make do with us then. Now then… why did you call us? You want a second chance? Before you say anything, I for one would be happy to give you another chance, my son. Just disband yourself from the Friendship Mob, and join the Sharks, and you’ll have yourself a seat in the Commission.”

“Actually, I got something better.” I said.

“Oh yeah? Let’s hear it. Ideas aren’t really your strong suit.” My pop said.

“I’m challenging the Commission to a battle.” I said.

“Say what now?” pop asked.

“I already proved myself against Penna’s family, but I should still prove myself against Mela and Fraterno’s families.” I explained. “To prove myself to the Commission, I should prove myself useful to you once again. I’ll show you how useful the Friendship Mob can really be to the Commission.”

“You wish to challenge us to an honorable challenge of battle?” Fraterno asked.

“Well by all means… BRING IT ON!” Mela yelled out enthusiastically.

“Wait, are you kidding me?” pop asked.

“We accepted the challenge. That’s not a problem to you, is it, Leafhorn?” Fraterno asked.

“Well… I… what about Penna?” pop asked. “He didn’t vote yet.”

“Sure! I’d be happy to challenge an old friend into battle.” Penna said. “I’d really like the Friendship Mob in the Commission, and if this is the best way for it, then so be it.”

“But… but…” pop stuttered. “Marmellata didn’t vote yet.”

“Marmellata isn’t here, and he says we shall not disturb him.” Mela said.

“You must remember, Leafhorn, you’re still on probation, so you think you’re in charge.” Penna said. “Marmellata isn’t even completely in charge, even if this is his airship. We have to remember that this is where us families unite and work together. The five of us lead our families. With Marmellata not around right now, it’s 3 against 1, so we’re going to challenge the Friendship Mob. So I suggest you get your units ready, Leafhorn.”

“Unless of course you don’t want to be a part of this battle, Leafhorn, and there’ll be more of a chance for them to take your place in the Commission.” Mela pointed out. This kinda made my pop nervous. I can see it by the look in his eye. If we take his spot, his organization is doomed.

“Fine.” He said. “We’ll accept your challenge, Junior. But mark my words, it’s our gangs against yours. There’s only five of you and lots of us. I know you left the rest of the Friendship Mob in Mareami to defend, and quite frankly, it’s quite smart to defend our beloved town, but quite dumb on your own safety.”

“Make sure he has a fair fight though, Leafhorn.” Fraterno instructed him. “We’re going to use our best ponies against them, but we’re not sending all of our ponies against them. Let’s not forget, we do have business to take care of.”

“Of course, Fraterno.” Pop said.

“We’ll get our best ponies ready.” Mela said as he and the rest of the dons start walking out of the room. “Let him choose a time he wants us.” They then walk out.

“Are you going to be honest to your word, pop?” I asked. “Don’t forget, the other families have their eye on you.”

“I know what they’re capable of, Junior.” Pop said. “Just remember: we still have Poni with us. Try anything, and he’s going to get it.”

“I understand, pop.” I nodded.

“You better prepare yourself, son.” Pop said. “We’re going to be ready in the morning. You and your gang is doomed. You’ll never join the Commission at this rate. We will prepare for your downfall.”

“I’d like to see you try, pop!” I said mischievously at him.

“We will see.” He agreed. “Also… don’t forget to bring a sweater. It’s a lot colder here in Manehatten than in Mareami, so stay warm. We don’t want you getting sick.”

“Yes, pop.” I nodded. “See ya around.” We ended the call.

“So, first thing tomorrow morning, huh?” Annabelle asked me.

“Yep. We better get plenty of rest, and get our plan in order.” I said.

“Right.” Annabelle agreed.

Meanwhile back in the Commission meeting room, Mela walks inside and asks my pop, “Did he choose the time he wants us?”

“Yes.” My pop nodded. “He wants us to attack right now.”

“In that case, let’s prepare our best ponies for battle.” Mela said.

“Yes… yes good idea.” Pop nodded with an evil smile. It was a wonderful smile, an awful smile, it was a wonderful-awful smile.

Author's Note:

Princesses and Hooflyn - not sure if they exist in Equestria, but it wouldn't hurt. There's Manehattan, but why would I want to put gang wars in a highly civilized area like Manehattan? We've been there plenty of times during the show, how about giving an appearance to some of the city's other islands, just like New York? I enjoyed that nice quiet park in Queens, New York with the towers and the globe, and I thought it would be a great area to put a ninja-like battle in it.

Before making this chapter, I wanted to give an appearance to a character from MLP that lives in Manehattan. Now I'm not sure which I wanted to use, so I added in Babs' sister Sunflower! She's not on the show... yet, but she did appear a couple of times in the comics, so that's canon enough to me. When I made this version of Sunflower Seed, I wanted to give some similarities to Babs within her, but also has that sensitive attitude, which I expect in her.

Y'know, my birthday was a couple of days ago. I guess we can call this and the new FDA chapter: MegaSean45's Birthday Weekend Release! :D