• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 393 Views, 4 Comments

Central Equestria University - caveman0803



Follow Bunsen and Maroon as they learn whats it's like to go to school with the Mane 6

  • ...
7
 4
 393

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was a clear day outside and the sun was shining through the various windows of the hallway Bunsen was walking down. He was pondering what kind of person this Twilight Sparkle was and how well the two of them would get along. He saw a sign overhead that said “Library ←--” and turned down the hallway to be greeted by a large set of oak doors. He pushed the door open and was amazed at what he saw. Within the confines of the library were books, lots and lots of books on various topics and subjects. He was walking through the library staring at all the books when suddenly he felt something solid hit him. He fell backwards, wondering what exactly he ran into. When he opened his eyes what he saw caught him completely off guard. A girl stood before him in a dark green t-shirt and tan jeans. The first thing he noticed about her was her hair. It was 7 different shades of green going from as dark as forest green to as light as light green. The next thing he noticed were her wings. They were the same shade of green as her shirt; if not a little darker. The thing that stuck out the most to him were her eyes. Emerald Green; Bright with life and happiness. Only one word could describe her in his mind: Gorgeous. He got to his feet and offered her a hand.

“Are you ok miss?” He asked. He noticed that she was staring but as soon as he said something she immediately shook her head and took his hand.

“Uhhh…..yea i’m fine. I just need to pay attention to where i’m going and not read while i’m walking.” She said smiling sheepishly. “I’m sorry for running into you. My name is Emerald Dash.”

“I’m Bunsen Burner and it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance Ms. Dash.” He replied sweating a little knowing he was talking to someone who was quite out of his league.

“I’m a little curious though” he continued “Why are you in the library on Orientation Day.”

“Well my sister, Rainbow Dash, goes to school here as well. She is one of the people who is orientating a new student. Since she’s doing that, the student council president said that she had to be here early to fill out the necessary paperwork and Rainbow decided to drag me along with her. I didn’t want to be stuck outside with her so I decided to do a bit of exploring and found the library. When I got here I found the only person in here was another girl. So I sat down to ask her how she was doing. She was a little startled at first but she came around and we just started chatting about different books and who our favorite authors are. During our conversation she made the weirdest comment. She said that my sister was right. So I asked her how she knew my sister and she told me that the two of them were close friends. I decided to take another look at the girl I was talking to. Then I asked her if she was my sisters friend Twilight Sparkle which she said she was. Then I asked her what my sister said about me and she said that Rainbow said that i’m nothing like her and that me and Twilight would get along perfectly. Then she asked me if I knew who was giving me my Orientation and I realized that I didn’t know. She told me that it was actually my sister that was gonna be doing it. She also told me that it’s about that time so I should get going. So I picked up my book and was trying to find where I was in the book and then I ran into you.” She finished her story with a small smile. A smile that Bunsen found completely adorable.

“I see. Thats a very interesting story. I have two questions though.” He replied

"What's that?" She inquired without removing her smile.

"OK, question 1. Where is Ms. Sparkle currently located?"

"Oh, she's down between these two bookshelves at a round table reading a book. You can't miss her." She explained.

"Thank you. Now, question 2." He began with a smirk "don't you have somewhere to be?"

"Oh my goodness, you're right!" She cried "I need to get going. It was nice meeting you" she yelled out as she ran off.
Bunsen looked on as she ran off smiling to himself. ”At least I got her name. That's more than what most people get.” he thought to himself.

He continued on his way to meet with Twilight Sparkle to get this orientation out of the way so he can go to his new dorm. In what appeared to be the center of the library, he saw a girl who appeared to be his age with dark purple hair and a pink stripe in the middle. She was wearing a purple sweater vest and dark blue dress pants.
He walked up to her and noticed that whatever she was reading, she was really into it. He took a seat across from her debating on whether or not he wanted to disturb her. He looked at his phone and saw that it was 5 til ten so he decided that he had to bother her.

"Excuse me, are you Twilight Sparkle?" He inquired.

"Ahhh!" She squealed as she fell backwards in her chair.

"Oh crap!" He cried, hurrying over to the other side of the table to help her up.

"Are you OK?" He asked after helping her up.

"Yea, I'm fine thank you for asking." She replied.

"I'm sorry for startling you. I didn't realize how into your book you were." He explained.

“It’s fine.” She snapped, clearly annoyed. “I needed to stop anyways. I’m waiting for someone and he’s going to be late if he keeps this up.”

“Well you don’t have to wait long.” He responded.

“Why’s that?” She questioned.

“Because if you’re Twilight Sparkle, then i’m Bunsen Burner and it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance.” He stated with a small smile while reaching his hand out.

She took his hand, shook it and returned his smile. “That makes two of us Bunsen. I apologize if i sounded rude but when I get into a book I don’t like to be bothered.” She apologized.

“It’s ok Twilight no need to apologize. I can definitely understand getting into a good book or even when i’m on a roll with an experiment and my buddy Maroon interrupts me for something whether it’s important or in most cases stupid. However when he interrupts my experiments it usually ends with both of us missing our eyebrows or in some cases blowing up my lab. That happens more often than I like unfortunately. I’ve learned that I need to put a lock on my door and I also learned how to fix and rebuild stuff.” He explained.

“I can sympathize with that. My friend Pinkie Pie has a habit of appearing out of nowhere and my other friend Rainbow Dash likes to crash into my dorm door doing some kind of trick whether it be on a skateboard or her skates. It gets really annoying but sometimes it’s a welcome intervention especially if it’s from my friend Fluttershy.” She let out a happy sigh after that last part.

“Well, shall we move on then Twilight?” Bunsen asked

“Of course, let me grab my bag.” She said. Twilight hand started to glow a magenta color and her books went into her bag.

“Ahh, you’re a mage I see.” Bunsen commented.

“Yep. I am the personal student of Princess Celestia.” She said beaming with pride.

“Very impressive resume.” Bunsen looked at his phone too and saw that it was exactly ten o’clock. “Well Twilight it is currently 10 so shall we move on?” Bunsen asked.

“Sounds like a good idea. If we don’t get moving we’ll throw off my checklist completely.”

She reached into her pocket and pulled her phone out. “Now all I need to do is check my checklist and make sure we stay on schedule. Lets see. Ok we’re still on track, I gave us from 10:00 to 10:10 for idle chit chat to get to know each other so we’ve still got another ten minutes.” She said with a smile on her face.

“Well why don’t we go ahead and start walking and we can continue our conversation?” Bunsen asked. “I apologize but i get a little antsy if i’m in one place for too long.”

“Sure that sounds like a fine idea.” Twilight said.

They both turned and left the library still chatting about themselves.

“So where are you from Bunsen?” Twilight asked.

“Well me and my buddy Maroon both came from Coltarado Springs. Maroon is also going to school here and he’s going to be my roommate. See, Maroon and I are childhood friends and unfortunately he’s my only friend. However, the way I see it, if you have at least one good friend there really isn’t anything else you need in life.” Bunsen explained. “During High School we were talking about what schools we should go to. Now neither one of us are very social so we decided to try and go to the same school so that way we could have each other and not worry about being alone in a new city and a new school.”

“That sounds nice.” Commented Twilight. “Do you miss your home?”

“Not as much as you would think.” Bunsen said. “To be perfectly honest i’m kind of glad to be out of there. It gives me an opportunity to start fresh in a new place. See when Maroon and I decided that we were gonna come here we both swore that we would attempt to make new friends and be more social. We both want to try and enter or even start up an Anime Club here to watch and discuss various Animes and Manga. As a matter of fact Maroon is a Manga Artist and he’s coming here to help improve his skills so he can do it professionally.” Bunsen continued

“Well I can guarantee you two more friends Bunsen.” Twilight stated with a small smile.

“Oh yea, and who might they be Miss Sparkle.” Bunsen asked with a coy smile.

“First don’t call me Miss Sparkle” Twilight scolded without losing her smile. “it makes me feel older than i really am. Second your new friends are myself and my friend and roommate Pinkie Pie. Actually I wouldn’t be surprised if you met her by the end of the day. See Pinkie has a way of finding interesting people and she likes to make friends with everyone in town and in school. From what i’ve gathered about you, you seem like an interesting person so i’m sure Pinkie will find you.” Twilight said while giggling.

“Well believe it or not I do enjoy meeting interesting people so i’m looking forward to meeting this Pinkie Pie you’re describing.” Bunsen stated.

Twilight looked at her phone and saw that it was 10:11 so she decided that they would officially start the tour.
“Allow me to formally welcome you to Central Equestria University.” Twilight began while showing him a portrait of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. “It was founded by the Royal Sisters: Celestia and Luna 6 years ago. They wanted to be able to have a school that everyone could go to and not have to worry about high tuition. They also wanted to be able to offer all sorts of programs at this school so they moved different ones from schools all over Equestria and brought them here as well as adding a number of other programs. I’m here working on my PhD. in Magical Theory and Usage. The only class I have this semester is Student Teaching Magic Theory 101 for people who are just starting. I’m excited just thinking about it.” She said while smiling. “I’m sorry i’m getting off topic. Anyways, after Celestia and Luna were content with the programs that they had for the school they went ahead and officially opened it.”

They continued walking through the school while Twilight was showing Bunsen the different spots in the school. They passed the Mess Hall, The Lounge, The VG Room, (Twilight said that was something Princess Luna was particularly keen on adding to the school. He could only laugh.) and other places in the school. They continued the Orientation by meeting some of the various Professors in the school. They met the guidance counselor, Cadence, who was the old babysitter for Twilight; Shining Armor, who was Twilights older brother and the RAROTC (Royal Army Reserve Officer Training Corp) Instructor. They met Dr. Whooves who was one of the various Math Professors and they met Cherrilee who was teaching the Early Childhood development courses.
During the whole event Bunsen was happy to be able to attend a school that had so many kind people in it and it made him even more comfortable. By the time they finished up it was 11:30 and that meant that it was the end of the Orientation.

“So thats the whole school.” She said. “Do you have any other questions for me?”

“Nope. You explained everything to me perfectly and I appreciate it.” Bunsen said.

“Well i’m glad that this went well. To be honest I was a little nervous since this was the first year we started doing the Orientation this way.” She admitted.

“Well Twilight, i’d say that this went perfectly well and without a hitch. Since we’re finished i’m gonna go ahead and head to my dorm. I still have a lot of unpacking to do and then i’m going to explore the town.” Bunsen stated.

“Ok well if you have any additional questions or just want to hang out me and Pinkie are in Dorm 316 which is on the third floor.” Twilight said.

“Well thats good to know cause me and Maroon are in 318 so we’ll be neighbors.” said Bunsen.

They said their goodbyes and Bunsen went off to find his and Maroons dorm.