• Published 14th Oct 2011
  • 1,491 Views, 17 Comments

Magic Gear - kari

  • ...
7
 17
 1,491

Mission 00

MISSION 00

By: FeralTwilight

One, two, three, four,turn. One, two, three, four,turn. The guard's hoofbeats echoed rhythmically down the hallway in unison with Twilight's beating heart. One wrong move in what was to come and she would have to deal with more than one guard. Twilight took a deep breath to reassure herself and as the guard turned away from her position, she leapt. Before the buffalo could see the intruder, his head hit the floor with a muffled thump after being knocked out with the force of a ten ton sledgehammer by Twilight's magic. Without wasting any time, she made her way into a supply closet that was around the corner, she dragged the guard's massive limp body into it and arranged it to look like he had been resting and taking a short nap. Just as she finished placing the body in the way she thought up, her horn began to glow faintly and a light beeping sound echoed through her head. This was the codec spell, it was her way of contacting Celestia, or whoever she needed to talk to if she had their frequency. The codec spell generates a five digit code with two points as decimals and made only the people having the intended conversation hearing one another unless a public frequency is used. For those who couldn't use magic, they usually would have a small mirror hanging around their neck, or wherever they would prefer to have it.

"Yes, Princess? What is it?" Twilight said. "How are you doing? Have you managed to make it to the door to the room with the missing squad?" Celestia asked. Sadly Twilight replied, "Not yet, But I should be there soon. Spike, are there any shortcuts there?" Spike popped onto the codec and he said, "Sure Twilight, there's an air vent right next to you. It's on your right, just follow that to the end and you'll be right at the door, but why are you risking this? You could have just waited for backup instead of rushing in head first." Twilight began making her way towards the vent, and she saw that it shouldn't be a problem to traverse. "Because Spike, I can't just stand around and let something happen to them!" She wanted to shout but instead murmured angrily." There's also a high priority target there. lieutenant Braenurn was leading the unit. He's the leader of the Appleoosa division, he knows everything about Appleoosa's database and its strategic value in this war." Shortly asfter finishing that sentence she heard hoofbeats echoing down the hallway outside the closet. Twilight quickly cut off the connection and hurried inside the vent.

Inside the vent, Twilight could hear the guards' shouts as they saw that their comrade was not on his post. Twilight quickly scurried through the ventilation shaft but soon slowed down after hearing that her ploy had work. The guards' had thought that their comrade was sleeping on the job, and had proceeded to leave him wake him up. "He won't be getting up any time soon." Twilight thought to herself with a slight chuckle. Minutes later, she arrived at the opening to the hallway below where the door was located. Taking precaution, Twilight dropped the grill on the vent with a loud clang, and just as she had planned, the buffalo guarding the door walked over to see what had happened. The guard looked up, and was surprised to see a pony in the vent. "Just dropping in to say hello," Twilight said with a smirk as she rammed the guard's head wit her horn and cast the same spell as she had on the other guard. Once the guard had been taken care of, Twilight glanced around to see if the was some place to put the unconscious guard, but to her dismay, there weren't any god locations so instead she propped him against the door.

As Twilight made her way through the open door, she noticed that the room was circular but each cell was grooved into the walls in a spherical shape. From what she could see, the room itself was well-kept except for the individual cells which were covered in grime and dirt. In the center of the room was a pedestal which twilight guesses was the main cell-control mechanism. Twilight cantered over and glanced at the controls and noticed that there were six buttons, one for each cell in this block. After trying to find the correct button, Spike's voice came onto the codec. "Geez Twilight, you're taking forever, it's number five for the squad and number three for Braeburn." With a sigh of relief Twilight replied, "Thanks Spike, You've been a big help." Twilight pressed the buttons and saw the cell doors raise. Once they were all the way up, the ponies of the captured squad charged out to meet their captors and were surprised to see Twilight standing there with a big grin on her face. "Hey, you're Twilight Sparkle, right? We've heard of you before from the new recruits who were sent to us from the academy in Canterlot. Anyway, we should head out and get to Appleoosa, we've got families who we haven't seen in forever." With that said, they exited through the door and made their way out of the building. "Well now, little miss Twilight Sparkle. Never thought you'd be the one to rescue me, But Time's a wasting and we best get out of here before we get caught." Braeburn said as he left the captivity of his cell and began towards the exit. Twilight trotted along side him and asked, "It sure has been a while hasn't it? I haven't seen you since I was a cadet learning from you, but I guess we'll have time to talk later, for now, let's get out of here! Spike is going to pick us up if we can get to the roof!" Swiftly they darted through hallways and doors, knocking out unaware buffalo guards left and right.

Minutes later they had made their way to the rooftop and saw the other squad standing patiently as a bright ball of light came down from a rift in the sky.Without wasting any time at all, the ponies scurried through the portal into it's counterpart in the Appleoosa Town Hall, but Twilight was sent directly to her chambers in Canterlot Castle where Spike and Celestia eagerly awaited her arrival. "Why hello there Twilight, News of your success has already been spread to to the rest of the academy. I think it best if you would wash off before leaving to return to the academy." Celestia said with an uplifting tone. "It was a mission well done, and I'm sure there will be more opportunities for you in the future." And true to her words there would be, for what awaited Twilight would change New Equestria, and The fabric of time itself.