• Published 7th Nov 2013
  • 1,490 Views, 40 Comments

Afterlife - tut895



When Rainbow Dash becomes a ghost, and enjoys it, will she stay one or be ressurected whether or not she wants to?

  • ...
9
 40
 1,490

The discovery of the recently deceased

I reach Fluttershy's door and walk up to it, hoping I can phase through it, but of course being a ghost isn't that easy and I bump right into the wall.

I reach up to cover my nose but then realize something; I don't feel pain anymore, I could crash all I want while flying and never be injured again. I flap my ghostly wings in giddiness and realize something else; I have both my wings again, and they're both attached. I squeal and jump up and down for a bit before recomposing myself and try to figure out how to get past this door.

"Maybe," I say to myself. "Since the flexing stomach worked to keep myself from ascending the skies." I realize where it is I'm going with this.

"Perfect, more ab workouts, probably gonna be ripped by the time I cope with this weird body." I mutter as I brace myself against the door. I flex my stomach, yet again, and with a grunt, I phase through the door into Fluttershy's cottage.

I look at the hallway behind the front door that leads straight to the kitchen, the carpet on the floor is a bright red, and the magenta walls are lined with pictures of Fluttershy and her pets. I get up and dust myself off, then head towards the kitchen, if she's anywhere at this time she'll be making food for her multitude of pets.

I stop at the doorway of the kitchen and look right, which is where the fridge is, Fluttershy is bent over, her hoof searching through the contents of her fridge for something.

I walk up to her and lay my hoof on her back, she jumps up and screams extremely loudly, If I were alive I could almost guarantee my ears would be ringing.

She turns around, eyes wide in fear and darts her eyes left to right, as if looking for something. Angel comes through the doorway I went past, and screams in his rabbit language at Fluttershy, waving a particularly offensive finger her way.

"I'm sorry Angel," Fluttershy says in her soft, quiet, soothing voice. "I just felt something really cold, like ice, on my back and it startled me."

Of course, I get an extremely icy touch since I'm technically dead, this could come in handy for something.

I glide over to Angel, still shouting at Fluttershy, and stick my hoof right through his chest, and touch his heart, literally, I can feel it twisting as it pumps blood into his veins.

Angel jumps back, slightly startled, and hops away like Winona does when she realizes a bee hive isn't a chew toy, or something to play fetch with.

Fluttershy turns and heads back to what she was making, which looks like a salad, probably for Angel, humming a strangely familiar tune as she starts tossing the salad.

I get into a sitting position, though I'm still floating, and start thinking of ways to get Fluttershy out of the house. I could probably use some ghostie powers to move the bowl, and get her to chase it to my probably cold corpse.

I lift my hoof and point it towards the bowl, focusing my thoughts on levitating the bowl, but just like when I tried to do that with the TV remote while I was living, it stays where it was.

"Okay," I say to myself. "that didn't work, what else could I do." I ponder what I could do to get Fluttershy out of the house, and it comes to me; maybe I could possess other ponies like Danny phant-colt, but I couldn't do that to Fluttershy, she's way too nice for me to do that to, which makes me wonder why I'm choosing her to find my corpse, Zecora will be coming into Ponyville in a couple days. Then again by the time she comes to Ponyville my corpse could have been moved, tampered with, rotten, or eaten by a stray Timber Wolf. I shiver at the thought of Timber Wolves eating my corpse, they've probably already taken my wing and put it into their stomachs, if they have any.

Angel comes back into the kitchen and starts yelling at Fluttershy, probably upset because of how hungry he is.

"Oh angel," Fluttershy says. "I'm working as fast as I can but I just can't do this in a matter of seconds." She puts a cherry on the top of the salad and steps back, admiring her accomplishment.

As she picks up the bowl with her mouth, I get an idea and dive into Angel's body, luckily, I can possess the bodies of others.

After a small struggle, I gain full control of Angel's body. I start to fall but catch myself by putting my front paws in front of me, being on two feet is more unsettling than I thought.

I dash out of the kitchen as Fluttershy is about to put the bowl down. When the bowl makes contact with the floor, she notices that Angel (We'll just say me from here on,) isn't there any more. She turns her head, looking into the front hallway as I jump out the pet door at the bottom of her front door, and hear her say,

"Angel, where are you going?" I wait for her to come through the door, which she does within a matter of seconds, and start running to my corpse. She flies after me, her wings making more of a flutter than a flap, which is a given, then notices my body laying there in the grass on top of the hill, she looks up and gives a puzzled face.

"What's that Angel?" She asks me, but I just keep hopping along to my real body. I reach my body and get out of Angel, and he looks around, confused, then angry and starts muttering to himself before kicking my body.

A flash of anger fills my metaphorical veins, and I throw a punch at his little white face, the hoof goes through his head, and I can briefly feel his brain, tiny and not much going on in there, and Angel collapses and rolls around in the grass, putting his paws on his temples as if he has a huge brain freeze

Fluttershy catches up with Angel, and sees my body, it's definitely a bit more decomposed in the three or so minutes I was in there, and I look like I'm sleeping, besides the nearly destroyed wing and the missing one.

Fluttershy put a hoof to her mouth, tears forming at the corner of her eyes, and descends to the ground. She collapses on the ground, face in her hooves, and sobs uncontrollably, her body heaving up and down as she breathes, it makes me want to cry seeing her so hurt because of what I've done.

I lay next to her and rest my head on the grass, curled up and trying not to cry, I look at her one more time, she's already got grass stuck to her face from her tears wetting her fur. I sigh and start to cry myself.

"How could I have let this happen?" I whisper to myself in between my shallow breaths, "How could I have been so reckless as to take my own life for something as stupid as the Wonderbolts!?" I start shouting.

"How could impressing people who've already made me secondary captain of their entire business, be worth getting myself killed and seeing all my friends like this!?" I point my hoof to Fluttershy, who's still sobbing, though now she's rubbing my dead body, as if trying to comfort me, which really isn't working.

I get up and fly away from here, I don't know where I'm going, I just need to get away from this place, somewhere I can cheer myself up, somewhere people won't be heartbroken because I was stupid enough to think that showing off would be a good idea.

Author's Note:

New chapter, thanks to all who enjoy this for giving me inspiration
To those who don't enjoy this, i'm aware it's a bit slow, and I will do my best to get better with my writing skills.