• Published 29th Oct 2013
  • 4,840 Views, 35 Comments

Ben's First Day - JusSonic



Ben is now moving into Ponyville with Twilight Sparkle and Nyx but certain problems, like crazy fans and his new problems, may make him move out!

  • ...
26
 35
 4,840

Chapter 2: Ponyville Tour

Chapter 2: Ponyville Tour

The next day comes (right after Celestia raised the sun) and the folks of Ponyville begin their new day. Twilight and Ben were ready to begin their tour, but first they gotta drop Nyx off at school.

The three (with Spike) didn't go out right away as fans of Ben were outside waiting eagerly. So Twilight have to use teleportation to get by them and head off to Ponyville School in a big hurry.

"Daddy, why can't I go with you and mommy on the tour?" Nyx pouts as she rode on Ben's back.

"Because you got school and we don't want your teacher to be upset now, do we?" Ben points out to Nyx playfully.

"Yeah...but still, I wanted to see how you do this tour better than mommy's first arrival."

"Nyx, no need to compare my first arrival to your daddy's," Twilight giggles a bit. "Besides, I promise when you have no school to give you a better tour."

The group arrives at the Ponyville School, school haven't started yet. Cheerilee, Nyx's teacher, was waiting for them as they arrive.

"Morning, Twilight!" Cheerilee said happily. She spots Ben then continues, "You must be Ben Mare."

"Yes, madam. You must be...Cheerilee, right?" Ben asks Cheerilee curiously. The Earth pony nods a bit. The new arrival scratches his chin then grins. "Oh yes, from the love poison incident!" This made the teacher blush in embarrassment.

"You heard about that, huh?"

"I have been around Ponyville...best not to ask. I heard you trashed a fashion store during Hearts and Hooves Day."

"Oh my Grandma," Nyx laughs a bit while Spike laughs with her. "I remember. My friends tried to paired Cheerilee up with Big Macintosh; Gotta admit, good idea but the love poison made it insane!"

"Nyx, come on, that isn't funny!" Cheerilee exclaims in embarrassment as Twilight helps Nyx off Ben's back.

"Are you seeing Big Mac recently or what?" Ben asks Cheerilee with a grin. The teacher blushes at this comment. "Come on, you don't have to keep it a secret."

"C-c-c-come on, stop it! What happened was the love poison talking. R-r-really..."

"Said the teacher who hangs with Applejack's brother," Twilight remarks with a smirk. She then turns to her daughter while saying, "All right, daddy and I will pick you up later. Be good, Nyx."

"Right, and remember what I told you when handling bullies." Ben said while nuzzling Nyx a bit. "Just ignore them or let a teacher handle the mean ones. No fighting unless it's in self defense or helping others."

"Yes, daddy," Nyx said as she heads into school. Twilight's group heads off to begin the tour, making sure to dodge any fans of Ben along the way.

-------

The first on the tour is Sweet Apple Acres, the first place in Ponyville that Twilight arrives in when she came to this town a while ago. As they arrive, they heard a "YEE-HAW!" nearby.

"That's AJ bucking her apples." Spike said. Sure enough, they saw Applejack hitting the trees with her back hooves, knocking down a lot of apples in the progress.

"Hey Applejack," Twilight said with a smile as she, Ben and Spike came over to Applejack who turn and grins upon seeing her friends.

"Howdy, Twilight; what brings yew, Spike an' yer colt-friend here?" Applejack ask Twilight with a grin.

"Just giving Ben the grand tour of Ponyvillle; I decided to come here first because this is the first place that I came to when I first arrived."

"Well, good golly! Good timing too! 'De Apple Family is having their git together right now!"

"But don't you have the reunions during the Summer Sun Celebration?" Spike asks Applejack puzzled since he recalls most of the family being at Sweet Apple Acres being at the reunion during the Summer Sun Celebration.

"Yep, but we decided 'dat since 'de family was in Canterlot, we decided 'ta have another git together!" Applejack insists as she grabs Ben by the hoof, dragging him with her. "Come on, let me introduce ya 'ta to 'de family!"

"Applejack, whoa," Ben exclaims in surprise and alarm. What happened next caught him by surprise.

Applejack pushes Ben over to a table and rings the triangle instrument before shouting, "SOUP'S ON, EVERYPONY!" Twilight and Spike moves out of the way as familiar ponies (to them) rush over to the table to greet the new comer to Ponyville.

"Ben, yew knew Apple Bloom, who is allowed out o' school 'ta help out in 'de reunion, an' Big Macintosh. Here's 'de rest o' de family! Apple Fritter, Apple Bumpkin, Red Gala, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apple, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp... Applejack gasps a bit due to all the talking that she made. The Earth pony motions to a familiar old mare sleeping in her rocking chair, "Aaaand Granny Smith. Up an' at 'em Granny Smith, we got guests."

Granny Smith snore then woke up, mumbling, "Wha--? Soup's on, I'm ah, here I come, ah comin." The old mare got out of her rocking chair, heading right over to the group.

"Mah cousin Braeburn of course is in Appleloosa an' couldn't make it...again. But he sent us his love."

"I bet." Twilight giggles a bit while glancing at some of the food made by the Apple Family. "You think Ben would eat that?"

"Actually I can. I ate some of Applejack's treats before." Ben insists then ate an apple pie happily before finishing up, belching a bit. "Excuse me." The stallion notices Granny glaring at him. "Err, what?"

"Do I know from somewhere, sonny?" Granny asks Ben suspiciously. This make the stallion gulps a bit nervously.

----------

It was nighttime at Sweet Apple Acres as the family is sleeping for the night. But one creature appears to be up, digging through a supply of apples. The Demon Pony sneaks over onto the property for something to eat, he come to Ponyville at times.

Suddenly lights came on at the night as Granny's voice is heard, "Who's out there? Big Mac, it's those blasted timber wolves again! Get the mallet!"

"Horse feathers," The Demon Pony yelp in alarm. He has been spotted. The creature knocks over a bunch of apple barrels as he quickly makes his escape from the place before the Apples discover him.

-----------

"Uh, no, madam, haven't seen you before." Ben said, sweating a bit.

"Weird, a year ago, some pony got into the apples and I saw some creature disappearing into the Everfree Forest. Thought it was a timber wolf," Granny said with a frown.

"Madam, I assure you, I have never seen or met you before."

"Hmmm...you're probably right. The timber wolf is more uglier than you are."

Most of the ponies laugh as Ben chuckles a bit nervously. He got out of that one with dignity and safely. Spike whispers to him, "You were that 'timber wolf, were you'?"

"Sssh," Ben hushes Spike in concern. The last thing he needs is to make a bad impression on his filly-friend's friend and her family.

---------

Ben burps a bit as he, Twilight, Spike, Applejack, Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh heads away from the farm. The Earth pony remarks, "That is a good meal, Applejack. You and your family did a fine job."

"Thank yew appreciate it there." Applejack said with a grin.

"Wanna see what we Apples like 'ta do fer fun?" Apple Bloom asks with a grin as the ponies and dragon enter the Everfree Forest.

"Fun? What's so fun about going into the Everfree Forest?" Spike asks in concern, wondering what Applejack and her family thinks is so fun in the Everfree Forest since it was so dangerous before.

"Yew'll see." Applejack said mysteriously. The group goes into the forest until they reach a certain spot. "Here we are; Big Mac?"

"Going fer it, sis." Big Macintosh said as he begins kicking at some stuff. Ben looks amazed at how strong the big stallion is.

"So...Big Mac, right," Ben ask Big Macintosh with a grin. "You must be some handsome guy."

"Yyep. Well, one o' them anyhow."

"I betcha fillies must go for you."

Big Macintosh blushes a bit, trying to keep kicking while saying, "Shucks, sometimes...but Ah ain't much o' a dating pony."

"Come on, a big guy like you?" Ben asks in disbelief, wondering how Big Macintosh doesn't seem to get any dates with how he looks and goes. "You must've dated a few fillies in Ponyville, right?"

"Nn....okay, maybe yyep; But 'de first two tries didn't end so well."

Twilight sighs as she explains, "Big Macintosh tried to get himself a special somepony two times before. Didn't end well; First time was with Fluttershy."

"Yyep; Megan's husband an' I tried our best 'ta get her an' Big Mac together." Applejack explains as Big Macintosh kept on kicking as if looking for something. "They did date...but it didn't end so well; 'De two remains friends after 'at."

"And the second time," Ben ask curiously, wondering whom Big Macintosh tries to pine for next.

"Err, that would be me." Twilight said sheepishly much to Ben's surprise. "It was after the Miss Smartypants incident. I came to the farm to get my doll back. Of course, besides liking the thing, Big Macintosh held the doll...because he kinda likes me."

"Of course, Miss Twilight was pining fer yer at 'de time so she politely turned me down." Big Macintosh remarks as he kept on kicking. "Twilight let me keep the doll just to be polite...until Ah gave it back 'ta her after 'de Gabby Gums incident. Gave it 'ta her daughter."

"So how about the third time? Didn't you get together with Cheerilee?" Ben asks Big Macintosh with a grin, making the big guy blush a bit.

"Ugh, don't remind me o' 'dat." Apple Bloom groans with a slap to her forehead. "Mah friends an' Ah thought 'dat 'te Love Poison was still in effect after all...until it turns out they were done messing wit' us."

"Come on, Big Mac. You two look like a cute couple! I have a feeling that you were seeing a lot of her."

"Yy...nn...Ah mean, shut up!" Big Macintosh exclaims as he blushes like mad. Suddenly a grunt is heard after one kicking. "Oh, found it!"

Some of the group yelps as an angry steer like creature appears, roaring in fury. Twilight ask in alarm, "Applejack...what do you call that?"

"Steer monsters! Now run!" Applejack laughs as she, Big Maicntosh and Apple Bloom runs off. Ben, Twilight and Spike saw more of the steer monsters appearing. That gave them the hint to run off.

The Apples and their friends run with the steer monsters chasing them, like in a running of some kind. They kept on dodging them and escaping the Everfree Forest with the steer monsters chasing them.

Eventually, the group rushes into a hole-cave to escape the steer monsters who rush pass them. They pant a bit then laugh like mad. Spike exclaims, "Whoa! I feel like my heart stopping!"

"Wow; that was a blast!" Ben laughs excitedly.

"Oops. Sorry." Big Macintosh said embarrassedly, thinking that Ben was talking about him.

The group came out of the cave while Applejack announces, "Yyep, sometimes we Apples like 'ta annoyed those guys an' run wit' or against them. Like 'de running o' de' bulls but better!"

"But won't the folks of Ponyville wonder why those guys stampede?" Twilight ask Applejack in concern.

"Nah; Those fellows never go into Ponyville fer some reason. They run around until those doggies go back 'ta their forest."

Ben, turning to Big Macintosh, smiles while saying, "About what I said, do yourself a favor: talk to Cheerilee, hang out with her. I think you will find that she really likes you."

"Well, err...maybe." Big Macintosh said, giving out a big smile for some pony like him.

---------

Twilight, Spike and Ben leave Sweet Apple Acres, heading back to town. The stallion said, "That family is amazing."

"Yep. Now let's see what Rainbow Dash is doing. She supposed to be clearing the clouds today." Twilight said with a grin.

"There she is, move!" Spike insists as the trio moves to dodge Rainbow who almost crashed into them.

Rainbow lands, grinning while saying to Twilight, "Nice dodge there, Twi; you got smart."

"I just predict where you will fly to, Rainbow." Twilight said to Rainbow with a grin before turning to Ben. "Ben, Rainbow here helps control the weather here in Ponyville."

"Yep! All true! I also own my own e-mail show, the director and star of my Dasheresque films and the head of RDTAU."

"'RDTAU'," Ben ask Rainbow curiously.

"Rainbow Dash's Totally Awesome University," Rainbow exclaims proudly to Ben. "I'm the principal, the coach; I wear all the hats of my school!"

"Rainbow Dash, your school is a fake." Twilight points out to Rainbow dryly, reminding her friend that her 'university' isn't even real.

"Real enough to me! So Twi, giving your colt-friend the grand tour."

"Yep, we were just checking up on you." Spike said to Rainbow with a grin.

"Oh really; Well, Ben, wanna see me clear up the sky? I do it in 10 seconds flat." Rainbow boasts to Ben with a grin.

"I don't doubt that you can...but prove it." Ben remarks to Rainbow with a sly grin, challenging the pony to clear the sky to prove that she can do it in 10 seconds.

"Okay, Ben, prepare to witness pure awesomeness." Rainbow said confidently, and then, she zoomed into the sky.

"You think she could do it?" Ben asked Twilight curiously.

"I got her to do it during the Summer Sun Celebration." Twilight said to Ben with a grin. "Go ahead, time her."

"Okay." The brown pony then brings out a stopwatch and presses the button as Rainbow started doing her task; to clear the sky in ten seconds.

Rainbow quickly flies around, clearing the clouds until they are gone. Ben clicks the stopwatch and glances at it.

"Ten seconds." Ben whistles a bit as Rainbow lands on the ground. "Not bad."

"Told ya; prove it once again." Rainbow said proudly. "After all, I made the Sonic Rainboom more than once in my lifetime."

"Oh yes, I saw one once around the same time that...that was you who made that Sonic Rainboom years ago when I was a colt and Twi was a filly, wasn't it?" Ben asks Rainbow with a grin on his face.

"Yep; that's me!" Rainbow replied with a wink.

"And if it weren't for her, I never would've gotten my Cutie Mark." Twilight commented with a smile.

"And I wouldn't have been hatched. Good ol' Rainbow." Spike said proudly.

"Funny how fate works, huh," Ben asked with a chuckle. Rainbow, himself and Celestia have, in some way or another, been responsible for Twilight getting her own cutie mark as well as becoming Celestia's student.

Twilight notices two fillies coming to the group; she knows them as Lyra and Bon-Bon. The unicorn comments, "Lyra, Bon-Bon?"

"Hey, Twilight, Rainbow, Spike," Lyra said with an eager smile, "Hey, Ben. You remember me, right?"

"Oh yes...I remember you." Ben said, recalling meeting Lyra back in Canterlot.

"See, Bon-Bon?" Lyra asks Bon-Bon with a squeal. "I told you he remembers me!"

"Didn't you mention that you tried to attack him with a pitchfork when he was that Demon Pony creature?" Bon-Bon asks Lyra curiously.

"Err, you told her?" Twilight asked Lyra uneasily.

"Hey, I heard the whole story of Boris's confession and such. I told Bon-Bon when I got back." Lyra explained to Ben proudly. Then she scratched her mane sheepishly. "Sorry about attacking ya, Ben; thought you were a threat like some ponies in Canterlot were saying."

"Heh, no problem; that Boris can know how to throw a riot." Ben said sheepishly and nervously. "Who else did you told?"

"So far, not much ponies. Why?" Lyra asked Ben curiously. The Earth pony was worried that Lyra may have told Granny...and the old mare would end up getting a bit upset over what he did as the Demon Pony a year ago.

"Never mind that, tell us: are you really Celestia's adopted son?" Bon-Bon asked Ben eagerly like a fan. "What's it like living in the castle? Do you do autographs?"

Ben was about to answer, but Twilight came to the rescue, pushing her colt-friend along while saying, "Come on, come on. I'm still giving my lover boy the tour, girls. Save your questions for after it's done."

"Right, go on, you two, get lost." Rainbow insists to Lyra and Bon-Bon, pushing them aside from Ben. "The last thing we want is another celebrity scene like with Fluttershy."

"Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that." Ben remarks as he and Twilight leaves the scene. "Fluttershy doesn't do that on the side, right?"

"When nopony's looking and in her own home," Twilight admitted to Ben in a whisper.

-----------

The next stop on the tour is Rarity's Carousel Baroque. Twilight, Spike and Ben enter the place.

"Rarity; Are you in here?" Twilight calls out to Rarity curiously.

"Right with you, Twilight; just putting on the finishing touches," Rarity's voice calls out. The white unicorn in general appears with a smile. "There, I got the order done. Now, Twilight, what brings you, Spike and Ben here?"

"Oh, a lot," Spike said with a happy loving sigh to Rarity.

Twilight glares at Spike before continuing, "Just giving Ben the grand tour, I brought him here next and..."

"My goodness! Why didn't you say so before?" Rarity asks with a giggle before turning to Ben. "Ben Mare, you are a first timer here at my Baroque. I simply insist of giving you some clothes, free of charge."

"But I only wear a red collar." Ben yelps as he finds himself pushed by Rarity to a changing screen.

"Come on, I would take Rarity up on her offer." Spike said to Rarity eagerly. "She may go overboard on gems, but she can make clothes that make you pretty or cool."

"I should know, Rarity got me some clothes free of charge. Why else is she is the holder of the Element of Generosity?" Twilight asked Ben with a beam.

"Well...okay, I will take your recommendation on it, Twi." Ben said with a shrug. After all, if Rarity wants to make and give clothes to him free of charge, who is he to turn down a gift from one of his filly-friend's friends?

Ben goes behind the dressing screen. Rarity smiles as she gives him some clothes as she said, "Luckily, I made these for you ahead of time, Darling. Try them out and tell me what you think."

"Okay, but stop calling me Darling. No offense, but it sounds awkward with my girlfriend just watching." Ben's voice calls from behind the screen.

"Don't worry about it, Ben. Rarity calls everypony that." Twilight assures Ben that he doesn't have to mind Rarity calling him 'Darling' since she does it to everypony.

A while later, Ben came out, wearing a white shirt, a purple jacket and black pants. Rarity grins as she holds a mirror to him while asking, "So, what do you think?"

"Well, the outfit's good...but the pants appear to be a bit..." Ben cringes as he hears a rip from the back end of the pants. "...tight."

"Hmmm, yes, what was I thinking? That wasn't your size at all. Still what do you think?" Rarity asks Ben hopefully.

"I will give you credit: you are definitely one of the best fashion designers in Equestria." Ben said to Rarity with a nod of approval.

Rarity batted her eyelashes at Ben while saying, "Thank you so much, Ben. Just get out of those pants and I will increase their size."

Ben got behind the screen and took off the torn pants, giving them back to Rarity, who began work on updating the size.

"So seriously, how long were you doing this fashion thing?" Ben calls out to Rarity from behind the screen.

"Ever since I was a filly; I saw a Sonic Rainboom that helped me find some gems...and my Cutie Mark." Rarity explains. "Twilight told you how she gained her Cutie Mark, right?"

"Yep. Thanks to Rainbow," Ben's voice calls out. "Out of curiosity, have you considered getting yourself a colt-friend of your own?"

"Well, I thought I found true love once but..." Rarity paused then frowned a bit. "It wasn't meant to be."

"AKA Prince Blueblood, one of the biggest jerks in Equestria." Spike remarks dryly, still upset by how Blueblood treated Rarity at the previous Gala. "Heck, I don't think he deserves to be a prince at all. More like a royal pain in the flank!"

"Yeah, I saw what happened. I was there that night…when I was the Demon Pony. You deserve so much better, Rarity." Ben's voice said in a tone of pity.

"Thank you for being so kind." Rarity said as she passed on some pants, now in Ben's size, over to him. "So what do you think?"

A while later, Ben came out, wearing the pants. The stallion in approval nods while saying, "These pants are wonderful. You definitely outdid yourself, Rarity."

"Thank you. I can tell that we're going to be the best of friends, you and I," Rarity said happily.

"You said that to me when we first met, remember?" Twilight points out to Rarity, reminding the white unicorn as to what she said to her on the purple one's first arrival in Ponyville.

"True, but I said that to everypony who are all my best of friends, Darling," Rarity admitted, "Can't choose just one."

"Well, that definitely explains how you have so much friends." Ben said as he goes back behind the screen to change back into his normal look before coming out, "Kudos on the clothes, Miss Rarity."

"Kudos; What, no thank you," Spike ask with a scoff of what he thought of lack of thanks to Rarity.

"That is a thank you, Spike." Twilight said as she opens the door. But the pony yelps as some ponies are outside, cheering and wanting to see Ben causing her to close the door. "Good grief! Are these ponies following us all over the place?"

"I thought the time when you had that extra ticket was enough." Spike said with a sigh of annoyance.

"Rarity, is there a back door to this place?" Ben asked Rarity, wanting to escape any of his fans waiting outside.

"Of course, out back." Rarity said as she motions to the back door. Ben grabs his clothes waiting for him in the box.

"If you need us, we will be at Fluttershy's!" Twilight calls out as she, Spike and Ben escape out the back door.

"Okay, darling," Rarity called back.

---------------------

Luckily, Twilight's group didn't run into any more ponies on the way to Fluttershy's. The yellow Pegasus pony is tending to some bunnies right now.

"Man, I don't know how you ponies go through with this." Ben said in amazement.

"We do our best to. Hey, Fluttershy," Twilight calls out to Fluttershy. Needless to say, the mare screams in alarm causing the bunnies to run off, "Oh, sorry, Fluttershy! I didn't mean to scare off your bunnies."

"Oh...Twilight," Fluttershy said in relief upon seeing her friends. "No, no, you just startled me."

"So are all these animals yours, Fluttershy?" Ben asks curiously while glancing at the animals that roam or playing around Fluttershy's place.

"Oh, well, not all of them. Some animals are either belonging to friends that I'm taking care of while they're away or they are just visiting." Fluttershy explains. "But yes, they are mine...or until I adopt one to a pony or two."

"Right, it's here that Rainbow first got Tank the turtle." Twilight explains to Ben.

"Tortoise," Fluttershy corrects Twilight.

"Oh, right." Twilight said, realizing her error.

Ben was about to speak up again when he heard movement coming from a box nearby. Out of curiosity, the stallion came over and opened it.

Ben looked surprised as out popped some sort of grayish wolf cub with black eyes and white spots. He whines a bit while glancing at the pony.

"Who is this guy?" Ben asks Fluttershy curiously.

"Oh, that's a wolf cub. Actually, he has been here for a few weeks." Fluttershy said with a sigh. "Nopony wants him and his appearance sometimes scares some of the little animals.

"Oh, poor guy," Ben said with a sigh as he helped the wolf cub out of the box. "I know how you feel to not be wanted and to be an outcast from others until now."

"Come on, care for some tea?" Fluttershy ask her friends curiously.

Twilight and Spike follows Fluttershy into her cottage. Ben was following then notices the wolf cub following him.

"Oh, do you want to come too, little guy?" Ben asks the wolf cub who whines a 'yes'. "Well, come on, I guess."

Then the two followed Twilight, Spike and Fluttershy into the cottage.

--------

Inside, the group has some tea while Fluttershy did some pouring.

"Okay, careful." Spike said to Fluttershy in precaution.

"Good to have you over." Fluttershy said with a nod. Then she spots and smiles. "Awww, I think that wolf cub likes you, Ben."

"Yeah, I guess so." Ben said as he gave a teacup to the wolf cub whose licks from it. "You know...Fluttershy, this guy reminds me when I was little: an outcast, hard to get along with others, meekly."

"Kinda like you minus the whole Demon Pony transformation." Twilight said with a chuckle.

Ben pause a bit as he drank from his teacup, doing some thinking. The stallion himself just got a new home...and the wolf cub looks like he needs one too...as well as an owner; And since nopony seems to want him...

"Fluttershy, is it all right if I could have him?" Ben asks Fluttershy hopefully.

The yellow Pegasus gasped excitedly at what Ben just asked.

"Ben, you mean you actually want the wolf cub?" She asked in surprise and delight.

"Sure, why not? He reminds me of me...and you would like it if the little guy gets a new owner, right?" Ben points out to Fluttershy with a nod.

"Right," The pink-haired pony nodded back.

"Dang; First an owl, then a phoenix, now a wolf; we sure got some interesting pets at the library." Spike remarks in amusement.

"So how about it, buddy? Would you like to go home with us?" Ben asked the wolf cub curiously. The little guy responded by licking his face happily. "That's a yes!"

"Then he's all yours!" Fluttershy said happily.

"Nyx will love him." Twilight said with a smile. Looks like the Sparkle family just got bigger.

-------------

A while later, the trio walk through Ponyville, with the wolf cub riding on Ben's back. The stallion decides to call his new pet 'Koga' from a book he once read as a child. While Twilight expresses concern about the name, since it means 'wolf demon', Ben kept the name anyway as a reminder of what kept him from his true love all these years.

"And of course, there's Sugarcube Corner." Twilight said as the group approaches Sugarcube Corner. "Odd, it's...quiet; Very quiet."

"My, I wonder why it's so quiet." Spike said while rolling his eyes a bit. He knew what's going to happen.

Koga barks in curiosity, while Ben said while coming into Sugarcube Corner, "And my...it is dark in here." Sure enough, it is indeed dark in this place. "Why..."

"SURPRISE," Voices exclaims as the lights are turned on. Sure enough, the shop is filled with the ponies of Ponyille, including Twilight's friends, as well as cake, party decorations, games, etc. You get the drill.

"Well, I saw this coming." Twilight remarks with a smirk.

"What do you think, huh? It's my 'Welcome to Ponyville, Ben' party!" Pinkie giggles happily as she bounces over to her friends. "Do you like it, Ben? Do you like it? He likes it! I know he likes it!"

"Yeah, you sure surprise me." Ben remarks with a smile. Koga barks in curiosity.

"Who's the wolf cub on your back? I saw him back at Fluttershy's place."

"His name is Koga, my new wolf cub."

"You got a pet too? Yay! We can make this into a 'Ben Got A Pet' party! Yeah, never can have too much parties! Come on!" Pinkie giggles as she drags Ben and Koga around the place.

"What is it with ponies dragging me all over the place?" Ben asks Twilight who giggles as she and Spike heads over to the rest of the Mane Six.

"Ben is really enjoying his new home and his new pet, doesn't he?" Fluttershy ask Twilight with a smile.

"Right, but he prefers the lack of attention." Twilight said in concern as Pinkie Pie continues having Ben be introduced to more ponies who are excited to see him, especially Derpy.

"Yep, but don't yew worry none, Twilight. Once yew git back home, it's just yew an' him...well, minus 'de customers." Applejack assures Twilight with a smile.

"That's what worries me. The ponies are wanting to meet and asking for autographs...not concerned for his privacy."

"And these two are my bosses, Mr. and Mrs. Cake!" Pinkie exclaims as she introduces Ben to Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

"Greetings, Ben! Good to meet ya!" Mr. Cake said with a smile while shaking Ben's hoof. He motions to the two foals that Mrs. Cake is holding. "These two foals are mine and honey bun's, their names are Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake."

"But one of them is a unicorn and the other is a Pegasus pony." Ben points out, noting how Pound is a Pegasus and Pumpkin is a unicorn.

"Well, my great-great-great-great grandfather was a unicorn, and Cup Cake's great aunt's second cousin twice removed was a Pegasus. That makes sense, right?"

"Maybe; my mother is an alicorn though she did adopt me. Plus, I heard how Earth ponies are born from unicorns or Pegasus sometimes."

"That's easy to say." Mrs. Cake giggles while Ben pours himself a drink. "Derpy's daughter is a unicorn, so that's not hard to think about."

The two foals giggle while reaching to Koga, as if wanting to play with him. The wolf cub reaches for him, though Mr. Cake in concern said, "Whoa, careful, Ben. Don't want your wolf cub to hurt the babies."

"No worries, Koga is harmless. Don't judge a book by its cover." Ben assures Mr. Cake that Koga won't harm the foals. "Besides, if anything happens, I take responsibility."

"Well, all right then."

Mrs. Cake puts the foals onto the floor. Pound and Pumpkin laughs happily as the wolf cub plays with them. Ben got a drink for Twilight as he leaves with a smile. Those three make good playmates.

As Ben is heading back to the table where Twilight's group is at, Rarity said, "Come on, Twilight! You got to admit, although you were right, you kinda were rude and horrible by accusing the false Cadance without proof. We didn't end our friendship with ya, we just leave you to do some thinking."

"I know but..." Twilight notices Ben coming back, smiling as she takes the drink from the stallion. "Hi, honey. Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yeah. I practically am friends with everypony in this place." Ben said while rolling his eyes a bit.

"Photo opportunity," Pinkie exclaims as she pops up near Ben and put her upper forearm around his shoulder. A flash is heard as a picture is taken from a camera that came from out of nowhere. The pink Earth pony took the said picture and smiles. "My photo of my bestest best friends!" Pinkie disappears.

"And your pink friend is weird!"

"True, and her Pinkie Sense doesn't make a bit sense, but I decide to just accept it without understanding." Twilight sighs a bit. "The ponies here go by her predictions that surprisingly happen."

"Yep, got a list right here," Applejack said as she gave a list of what happens when Pinkie's Pinkie Sense goes off. "Study it so yew ain't caught by surprise when Pinkie's Pinkie Sense goes off."

"Well, if you asked my opinion, Pinkie Pie got psychic powers. That's the only logical explanation for her psychic powers." Ben suggests while looking over the sense. "Her Pinkie Sense is probably a psychic power."

"Yeah, I'm a psycho!" Pinkie exclaims happily as she reappears near her friends, startling them a bit, "Hey, everypony! I got psychic powers! Ben Mare said so!"

The ponies cheers as they crowd around Ben. Rainbow groans, "Great, now look what you started! Now Pinkie Pie won't shut up about her psychic powers and more ponies are hanging around Ben."

"Koga," Ben calls out quickly. Spike grabs Koga and rushes over to the stallion and Twilight with the little guy. This party is getting out of control with more ponies gathering around Ben, "Twilight?"

Twilight nods as she uses her teleport to teleport herself, her friends, Spike, Ben and Koga out of Sugarcube Corner.

-------------

The group reappears right in a part of Ponyville. Pinkie said in disappointment, "Awww! No more!"

"Well, that was a bit awkward. Uh, Spike? Can you take Koga back to the library? Ben and I are due to pick up Nyx anyway. We will rejoin you shortly." Twilight said with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, okay." Spike said while petting Koga. "Come on, Koga. I will introduce you to Owloysius and Pee-Wee." The wolf cub barks as he follows Spike to head back to the library.

As the other girls head back to do their own thing (with Pinkie Pie wanting to get back to the party), Twilight and Ben prepares to head back to the library. Despite the fans, the stallion has a good time in Ponyville.

"You will like it here, Ben. Not like Canterlot but..." Twilight begins to say to Ben with a smile.

"I know...but a pony can have a normal life here in Ponyville...minus the celebrity status." Ben responds to Twilight with a nod.

"Well, nothing in Ponyville is normal anyway. You could check out how my brother and Cadance tried to do their thing while being 'normal'."

"Oh yes, speaking of brother, what happened to your younger one, Starlight? I haven't seen him in who knows how long." Ben spoke. Twilight stops, looking down in sadness. "Err, Twilight? What's wrong?"

"He's…he's gone." Twilight said tearfully. "Starlight was...killed one day by a creature with a large glowing scar over its eye by orders of a monster named Tadaka."

"Oh Twilight..." Ben said in sadness. He embraces Twilight and comforts her. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean..."

"No...no, you didn't know...come on, let's pick Nyx up from school..."

Ben nods slowly as he and Twilight heads off to pick Nyx up from school. What the two ponies don't know is that something is going to happen there that will make the stallion's living in Ponyville more eventful.