• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 489 Views, 0 Comments

The Misfits - RatchetFlash



Zeus, Volcanic Ice and Dawning Arc. Three wonderful ponies... Well... More like a monstrous shunned hybrids.

  • ...
6
 0
 489

First Words

The smell of cooking pancakes drifted up the stairs of the cloud home and into Draco's nose. A smiled spread over his face as he opened his eyes and lazily rolled off of the cloud bed. He pushed the door open and walked down the hallway. He walked up to the stairs and carefully walked down into the living room below. Draco carefully walked past toys that littered the floor in the living room and made his way into the Kitchen. He was greeted by a baby draconequus running up and buzzing his wings, achieving a few inches of flight before he fell back down on the ground of the cloud.

"Hey bud!" Draco grinned as he picked up his son in one paw and rolled onto his back. He started to toss Zeus up in the air a few inches before catching him and doing it again. The colt squealed and giggled as he was thrown up in the air, buzzing is wings with each throw. A pegasus mare walked around the table so she could see the two playing, and she chuckled.

"I see you finally decided to wake up." Ratchet teased as Zeus ran over to her and buzzed his wings. The white pegasus pony smiled and leaned down and nuzzled the baby draconequus. "Pancakes are on the table Draco, I have to go out and do some weather jobs. I might not be home until late, and you need to meet me in Sugar Cube corner at 5. You need to bring Zeus down to Fluttershy, because I know that you also have some weather jobs." Flash walked up and lightly nuzzled Draco's neck before playfully swatting him with her tail. "Love you~" Before Draco could respond Ratchet was already out the window.

Draco picked up Zeus, who was biting down on the leg of the table.

"Come 'ere you." The bigger draonequus grinned as he picked up the foal and sat him at the table. Zeus eyed his pancakes pieces before he put his paw down, grabbed a bit of pancake, then he raised it to his mouth and ate it. "Hm....." Draco looked down at his pancakes and he put one in his mouth, the flavor dancing over his tongue as he thought. "Ah ha! Come on buddy, time for you to go to Fluttershy's!" Draco jumped out of his chair and threw the dishes in the sink. He grabbed Zeus and put him on his neck. "Grab onto my mane." The baby draconequus obeyed and grabbed onto his father's mane. Draco ran out of the kitchen and into the living room. He pushed open the door of their cloud home and swung it shut with his tail as he took off into the air.

Zeus was giggling as he buzzed his blue wings, feeling the wind go through his feathers. His paws gripped Draco's mane tightly as the two flew through the air. Draco did a few smalls tricks and dodged some clouds. The draconequus flew over to a cloud and landed on it. Zeus jumped down onto the cloud and started to buzz his wings in a attempt to fly. He managed to get a few feet off the ground before he fell back down on the cloud, giggling wildly. Draco chuckled to himself.

"Most pegasi your age can't even get a few inches off the ground without help. Who knows, maybe your destiny has to do with flying." Draco said as he ruffled up Zeus' already messy mane and then picked him up and put him back onto his neck. Draco took off into the air again and Zeus started to buzz his wings again as Draco headed down towards the earth. Draco flew over Ponyville and headed to the outskirts of the town where there was a small cottage at the edge of the Everfree Forest. Draco landed on the path and skidded to a stop. Zeus knew what was going on and he glided off his Father's head and landed a few feet away from the door. The baby draconequus walked up to the door and knocked his paw on it a few times before the door was opened by a happy looking butterscotch pegasus. She smiled down at him.

"Oh my.. Hello Zeus!" She said quietly as the baby draconequus jumped up onto her head, taking the pegasus by surprise and she squealed quietly. Draco chuckled as he walked up and took the baby of the mare's head.

"Mornin' Fluttershy. Can you watch Zeus today? I know that you watched him yesterday, but both me and Ratchet are busy today and we really need you to watch him today because all of our other friends are busy and he can't even fly yet so he can't help me with weather jobs and I have to go and do that." The draconequus said all in one breath, leaving Fluttershy giggling.

"It is never a problem watching this little guy. He is a bundle of fun." Fluttershy said softly as Zeus ran up the side of her door, using his wings and claws to climb up the wall.

"Oh! Uh, Thanks a bunch! I dunno what I would do without you Fluttershy. I'll pick him up at the same time, 4'o clock." Draco thanked quickly as he took off into the air, heading off towards Ponyville. Fluttershy smiled as she looked over at Zeus.

"Come on inside now little one, I have a friend for you to meet." Zeus let out a grumble as he hopped off the side of the wall and landed on the ground. He trotted into the cottage and the same smell of woodland creatures drifted into his nostrils as he instantly started to chase a mouse around the carpet, The mace on his tail knocked into a couch and ripped a hole in it, the same place he had made a hole yesterday."Oh... My.. Zeus, come here please! Oh please stop chasing him!" Fluttershy said in a quiet voice as Zeus grabbed the mouse's tail in his paw and lifted it up. The mouse looked back at him with a glare. Zeus giggled wildly and dropped the mouse on the floor as he fell back on the ground in a fit of giggles. The baby draconequus' paws gripped his torso as he rolled around on the floor.

"Okay, be a good girl, okay Spectrum?"

"Good girl."

Zeus turned his head to see a cyan mare with a rainbow mane walk down the stairs followed by a light blue stallion with a dark blue mane. The cyan mare looked down at Zeus, confused as to what he is. She couldn't tell if he was a pony or a draconequus. She looked at his maced tail and then looked over at the hole in Fluttershy's couch.

"So this is the Zeus I have heard so much about?" She inquired as she looked over at Fluttershy.

"Oh yes, he is the one and only."

"The one who ripped up your couch every single time he is here?"

"Oh.. He can't help it Rainbow, he just can't control his tail yet."

"Rainbow, if we don't get a move on, we are gonna be late for our show." The stallion came up from behind as he spoke.

"Yeah! Come on Soarin'! This show is gonna be SO AWESOME!" The rainbow maned mare shouted as she flew out of the cottage, followed by the stallion. "Cya Fluttershy!" Could be heard faintly as a rainbow streak faded from inside of the cottage.

A white filly with a red, orange and yellow mane and a green, blue and purple tail walked down the stairs carefully. She was slightly smaller than Zeus. The filly walked up to Zeus and he walked up to her. Zeus had never seen any other ponies his age, they were all older than him. He was surprised at the sight of this filly, mostly by her mane and tail. He had never seen a pony with such a mane and tail. Well other than that cyan mare that has just flown out. However, Spectrum wasn't all to excited. She had seen many other ponies her age. Zeus grunted as he lifted up a paw, the filly looked quite confused until Zeus pounced on her.

"Zeus! Oh my please be careful!" A worried pegasus said quietly as she saw Zeus jump on Spectrum. Zeus could actually growl unlike other ponies. He was growling away as the filly tried as hard as she could to beat him. The two rolled around as they played, acting like little puppies. After rolling around for a while, the filly planted her hooves right on Zeus' chest. He was still growling and Spectrum just giggled.

Zeus was released and he instantly ran up the stairs, Spectrum quickly followed behind him. The baby draconequus opened his wings and pointed down the steps. He backed up from the steps and got a running start. Right before the stairs he jumped out, and glided down the steps. Zeus turned back around and waited for Spectrum to do the same thing.

"Now Zeus... Not everypony can fly as good as you can. You shouldn't jus-" Fluttershy was interrupted by a white mass of rainbow and wing flying into her, right on her head. Fluttershy squealed while Zeus and Spectrum were having a fit of giggles. Zeus sat up, while still giggling and swung his tail around happily, being careful not to hit Spectrum with his mace. There was a knock at the door and the pegasus walked over to answer it. She opened the door and a pink earth pony came tumbling in, party cannon in hoof.

"Hey Fluttershy!" The pink pony shouted as she trotted away from her party cannon and over towards the two babies. "Whoa! What are you?" She asked as she looked at Zeus.

"Oh.. Hi Pinkie. I didn't know you were coming over today. I am kinda baby sitting... Please be quieter.. You know, if you don't mind." She mumbled softly as Pinkie looked at Zeus.

"Ya know.. He kinda reminds me of Timid Turvy, Fluttershy! Where is she anyway? I haven't seen her in a long time." The pink pony continued as she looked Zeus in the eyes, the baby draonequus just growled playfully and swatted a paw at her muzzle.

"Timid is in Canterlot with Discord... I am not really sure what they are doing up there.. But it scares me sometimes..." Fluttershy said with a whimper as she ears folded back onto her head.

"Don't worry your pretty little head!" Pinkie said as she tapped her hoof on Fluttershy's head."Your auntie Pinkie Pie has gotten it taken care of!"

"I'm a ye- wait, what?"

"Time for FUUUUUNNNN!" Pinkie shouted as she jumped up and ran out the door, followed by the two foals. Zeus caught up to the wild earth pony and bit down on her tail, then used his wings to hover in the air so he didn't get dragged along. Spectrum giggled as she ran up next to Pinkie Pie, a worried Fluttershy quietly yelling from behind.

Everypony looked up to the sky as a brown, grey, blue and red blob quickly flew over the small cottage, followed by a bunch of other pegasi, a few of them bearing artificial wings. The baby draconequus recognized his father in the front of the group, with his mother right behind him.

"Appa! Appa!" Zeus yelled as he jumped off Pinkie's tail and flapped his wings furiously as he slowly made his way up into the sky.

"He kinda reminds me of Pound Cake! That colt was flying when he was a month old! HA!" Pinkie shouted as Zeus flew after the group of flying ponies, in a desperate attempt to get to his parents.

"Oh my! No Zeus you must come back down here right now!" Fluttershy said as she flew up into the air and wrapped her hooves around the foal and floated back down to the ground. The baby sniffled and sighed in defeat as he was dragged back down to the ground and his parents got further and further away.

"Mama!"


"...Zeus...? Draco did you hear that?" Ratchet said as she looked over to Draco, her face filled with concern.

"Yeah.... I did, but he is likely just yelling because he saw us." Draco stated as they continued to fly towards the Everfree, a rouge storm was heading towards the edge of the forest and they had to stop it.

"No.. Draco... He spoke... He called for me... I have to go see him.." The white pegasus said as she turned around and flew down towards the cottage.

"Uh... Uh... Thunderlane! You know where the storm is, lead these ponies to it." The black stallion nodded at the draconequus as he flew down after the white pony.

"Mama! Mama!" The sound flowed through her ears as she rushed down towards the earth. Fluttershy let Zeus go and the foal was slowly making his way towards his mother. Ratchet flew down and grabbed him, wrapping him in her fore hooves.

"He... He spoke! Draco he spoke!" Flash beamed as she looked towards her husband, who was smiling wildly.

"This calls for a.... PAR-TAY!" The pink pony yelled as she ran back towards Ponyville, likely to plan for a party.

"Mama?" Zeus said again as he pointed his paw towards the rouge storm coming from the Everfree forest. Ratchet followed his paw and looked up at the sky. She frowned and turned back to him and smiled.

"Don't worry about it. Mama and Daddy will take care of it, you just gotta stay here with Fluttershy." Ratchet put her son down and turned to Draco. "They need their big, bad, draconequus to keep that storm away from Ponyville~" The white pegasus teased as she flew up into the air, followed by Draco.

"Soaring Spectrum, Zeus, time to come inside." Fluttershy said quietly.

"Spectrum?" A baby draconequus questioned.