• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 489 Views, 0 Comments

The Misfits - RatchetFlash



Zeus, Volcanic Ice and Dawning Arc. Three wonderful ponies... Well... More like a monstrous shunned hybrids.

  • ...
6
 0
 489

The Birth of a Legend

Draco paced back in forth in the waiting room, walking on all fours as he panted.

"When are they gonna be done? How long has it been? Ugh..." The draconequus fell onto one of the chairs in the waiting room next to Comet Tail, who was sitting next to Stardust Shot.

Stardust was a navy blue unicorn mare with a black and red mane that was always held up in a braid and a her tail was always held up in a braid also. Her cutie mark was green camera, to represent her talent of photography.

Comet Tail was a yellow unicorn with a blue mane and tail. His cutie mark was a star followed by a comet trail, to represent his talent of magic. His marefriend was Stardust Shot.

"Draco... Sh... Calm down big boy. Birth takes time, she has only been in there for an hour. You would still be in there if you weren't freaking out. So calm your self." Star scolded him as she rolled her eyes.

"What was I thinking that night? Ugh! I'm so stupid." Draco grumbled as he hit his head off the wall.

"Draco, everyony has urges. You are lucky that Ratchet let you go through with your urges, Star never lets me!" Comet chuckled but soon stopped as he felt a hoof in his side and a glare from Stardust.

"I didn't even think she could get pregnant! I mean, I am a bucking draconequus and she is a pony! How does that even work?" Draco continued on his rant, everypony else ignoring him as he had a breakdown in front of all of them. Nurse Redheart came out and cleared her throat and Draco turned his head. He stopped banging his head on the wall and smiled.

"Ratchet would like to see Draco." Draco tumbled over before leaning down on all fours and squeeing. The nurse nodded and turned around. She lead Draco to the Ratchet's room and then let him in. He looked at the brown blob that Ratchet held close to her body and he slowly walked up to the bed where a tired looking Ratchet was almost asleep. She smiled down at Draco.

"H-Hi..." She yawned, and so did the brown blob that she was holding. "Here. Hold him." Ratchet smiled as Draco picked up the colt from her arms. "I think.. His name should... Be Zeus..." She smiled up at Draco.

"Flash, love, Zeus sounds wonderful." Draco smiled as he looked down at Zeus. The colt had a brown body. His front legs were tiger legs, and his tail was a red snake tail with a small mace at the end. He had tiny blue wings and a black messy mane. The draconequus foal in his arms moved around and looked up at his father. His eyes were hazel, just like Ratchet's. The foal yawned again and nuzzled himself into the larger draconequus' fur. Draco smiled down at Ratchet.

"Draco... Put him in that crib right there.. And then get your ass over here and cuddle with me." Draco chuckled and nodded as he walked over and laid the colt down in the crib and then walking over to the side of the bed and climbing in. He barely fit, but he managed once Ratchet had pushed herself into him.

"I don't think we should be doing this..." Draco mumbled as he weakly put up a fight.

"Pffft. Rules are made to be broken." Ratchet murmured as she nuzzled up into the draonequus. Draco laughed to himself. Even after giving birth, Ratchet was still her old self.


"Hello?" A happy sounding voice rang trough Ratchet's ears in her peaceful slumber. The new mother let out a soft groan as the voice was heard again, but this time closer. "Ratchet?"

"Nfggh.. Gr......" Flash said with a groan as she rolled around. She reached her hooves out to look for Draco, but only found the coldness of the air outside of the blanket. The voice giggled and Ratchet groaned again. "Urrghh...."

"Wake up sleepy head! It's Star." The blue blob in Ratchet's vision chimed happily as the pegasus rubbed the tiredness from her eyes.

"H-How long have I been s-sleeping?" The white pegasus pony said through a quiet yawn as her vision cleared and she looked up at her friend.

"Hm... Three hours? The nurse didn't let me in because you were sleeping, but pffft who cares about rules! Draco was about to leave so they let me come in." Star continued in her happy tone as she used her magic to move some hair away from Ratchet's eyes.

"How long has he been gone?" Ratchet asked as she sat up in the bed. She moved her wings around, even though they are mechanical they can still get sore, they act just like real wings.

"Draco.. He left like an hour ago. He was surprised that you didn't wake up when he was leaving. Oh and Zeus hasn't moved a bit. He is sleeping, still. I wouldn't doubt if he is gonna wake up soon." The unicorn continued in a more normal tone as she sat down by the bed. "By the way, I like the name you gave him. It fits the colt perfectly." Star smiled at her friend who was still trying to wake up from her nap.

"I have always liked the name Zeus... And I looked at him.. And it fit him perfectly..." The pegasus explained as she yawned again and slid down under the covers of the bed. "At least I don't have to work for a while." Star chuckled to herself.

"I wouldn't say that Ratchet." Star giggled again. "I don't think that you and Draco will get any alone time any time soon. I had to take care of a foal for a week, it was not easy."

"Oh yeah. That makes me feel good." Ratchet joked as she glared at her friend. Star grinned at her as she stifled a laugh.

"I'm happy I could make you happier. I didn't think that would make you happy, but, I'll take it." Star joked right back at Ratchet, who just laughed in response.

"Dudududududud. You are an asshat, you know that?"

"If I'm an asshat, then you're a shithead." Star responded with a sarcastic tone. Ratchet shook her head as she laughed.

"Oh shit... I just realized that I have no idea how to be a mother." Ratchet muttered as she looked over at the crib, and thank Celestia, Zeus was still sleeping.

"Ha. Good luck." The unicorn shouted out in a high tone as she giggled.

"Oh yeah, thanks. I think I'll need more than good luck." Ratchet muttered as she rolled her eyes at her friend.

"Maybe you just need some help." A low voice chimed in as a draconequus walked in the room. Ratchet smiled and fluttered her wings.

"Draco!!" She exclaimed happily as she continued to flutter her wings with a big goofy grin on her face. The draconequus chuckled to himself as he walked over to the other side of the bed and lightly nuzzled Ratchet. The pegasus wrapped her hooves around Draco's head and pulled him in. She pressed her lips to his and held him close for a few moments before she released him. Star and Ratchet both started having a laughing fit when they looked at Draco, he was blushing and his wings were flared out.

Star looked up at the clock. It was beginning to get dark outside, Luna would raise the moon soon.

"Alright love birds.. I gotta run. It is getting dark out and I wanna get home. Bye!" Star waved as she ran out the door, the two new parents waved back before they both looked at each other.

"Huh. That was kinda sudden..." Draco stated, and Flash agreed.


After three long, boring days of sitting around in a hospital, Ratchet and Zeus were finally free to go.

"It's about fucking time they let me out of this hospital." Ratchet huffed as she walked outside. Behind her was a tired looking draconequus that was holding a small ball of brown and black, all wrapped up in a blue blanket. Draco was walking on two legs, something that he rarely did. Flash beat her wings and lifted up into the air. She turned around and looked down at Draco with a smile. "Come on big boy, we gotta get home!" The white pegasus yelled down as Draco lifted up into the air. Flash turned around and stared to head towards their cloud home, with Draco right on her tail.

It had been a few months since Flash could fly like this. She did flips and twirls in the air, and she loved it. She had missed it, the wind in her mane, the feeling of the metal of her wings cooling down with the cold breeze and the ripple of air passing through her feathers. She loved flying. Sadly, it would all end soon. She looked ahead of her to see her cloud home.

It was tall and had one column on each corner. All four of the columns were decorated with swirls and patterns of all sorts. The top of their home had a dome and a fountain that was spewing liquid rainbow. Ratchet had taken the idea from Rainbow Dash, only because her house is so awesome.

Ratchet flew up and landed on the cloud, the plush cloud felt good after being down on earth for so long. Draco landed behind her, but he also fell face first into the cloud. He manged to not fall and regained his balance.

"What? Is it to early for you? It is only 6am!" Ratchet snickered, she knew Draco wasn't a morning type, but Ratchet wasn't either. She just liked waking him up early so she could tease him. Draco replied with a groan as he walked towards the door. He put his free paw up to the door and pushed it open. A happy and hyper Flash trotted up behind him. "Awww, are you really that tired?" Draco lazily nodded as he walked into the main room of their home. It was fairly empty, there was a couch in the middle, a hallway on the other side of the room that led to the Kitchen, Dinning Room and a huge bathroom with a huge tub. Next to the door was a set of stairs that led up to the second floor. On the second floor there was three bedrooms, The Master Bedroom, A Guest Bedroom and Zeus' Bedroom. Also on the second floor was a second Bathroom, not as big as the one on the first floor but it was still large. There were various windows to allow light to shine into the house, so that it wasn't always dark. Draco walked down to the end of the hallway and pushed open a door. Inside the room was a crib made of cloud. The walls were masterfully carved with swirls and twirls. Draco walked up to the crib and laid Zeus down in it before he turned back around and walked into the master bedroom. In this bedroom there was a large bed right in the middle of the room, two windows on each side of the bed.

There were various books scattered around on the floor and other random little messes. Because of the whole law in Equestria about 'If you have a child together, you must wed', there were various wedding pictures on the walls. The two had set up the wedding as quick as possible, and got married three months after Draco had found out that Ratchet was pregnant. Draco let out a soft groan as he plopped down onto the bed, rolling around in the cloud. Once he was comfy, he was attacked by a pair of hooves. Flash had jumped on the bed and wrapped her hooves around his neck, and laid the rest of her body over his back. Draco didn't fight what she was doing and just allowed her to do what she wanted.

Flash grinned as she slid down his back until his wings were right under her hooves. She instantly started to gently run her hooves from the base of his wings to the tips of his primaries. The white pegasus got the result she wanted, his wings instantly flared out and became stiff. Ratchet giggled to herself as she continued to gently run her hooves along his wings.

"You are not gonna let me sleep... Are you?" Draco mumbled into the cloud below him, a hint of irritation in his voice as his wings were toyed with.

"Hehehe... Nope! I see you haven't preened your wings in a while... Maybe I should do it for you." Flash giggled again as she leaned down and started to nibble on the tips of his primary feathers, lightly tugging them back into place. Just as she had preened the first feather, a crying was heard through the cloud walls.

"We aren't gonna get any alone time for a long time, are we?" Ratchet grumbled as she climbed off Draco's back and jumped onto the cloud floor.

"Nope."