• Published 28th Oct 2013
  • 628 Views, 17 Comments

Marry the Night - Cadence5



While trapped in the moon, Luna meets Night, a black stallion that quickly steals Luna's heart. Once returning to Equestria, it is harder to see her new love and she is faced with a decision that could change the fate of Equestria forever.

  • ...
46
 17
 628

Chapter 9

Nightmare Moon lay on her bed mindlessly levitating a feather around her head. It had been over a day since Night had left, and she was beginning to wonder if Celestia had put him in prison for trespassing. Part of her hoped that had happened; it would make conquering Equestria easier. If he was still alive then Nightmare Moon could make him be her special somepony. Even if he died it wouldn't be that bad. Nightmare Moon could take his place as Queen of the Night.

A few minutes later she called across the moon to Luna. "Night has been gone a long time. You don't think Celestia would have him sentenced to death for trespassing or lying do you, Luna?"

Nightmare Moon noticed Luna's ear twitch in annoyance before she replied, "No. Celestia may or may not believe him, but she wouldn't have him killed."

"Think what you like, but if he doesn't return-"

Nightmare Moon was cut off by Night who flew into the moon just above her bed.
"Hello, girls. Miss me?"

"You're back!" Luna exclaimed sitting up in her bed.

"You're alive?" Nightmare Moon cried from her bed.

"Yes, and yes I lived," he said rolling his eyes. "I also know who was telling the truth, and it was Luna," he finished with a smile towards Luna and a glare for Nightmare Moon.

"Celestia's mind has been corrupted!"

"Nightmare Moon, just give it up. Luna is telling the truth."

"I will not lose this fight," Nightmare Moon said as she began to hover above her bed and her horn started to glow. She started right into Night's eyes as she blasted him against the glass wall.

---

Night didn't have time to react. The magic hit him right in the chest and slammed him into the glass wall. He heard Luna scream as cracks appeared in the glass behind him.

"If this is what has to happen, so be it, Nightmare Moon."

He flew across the room and slammed into her. He pushed them both through the wall of the moon and into space. Nightmare Moon struggled against him but eventually pushed him away before moving a nearby asteroid and throwing it at him. He dodged it easily, and pulled the nearby stars into a circle enclosing them. They shot spells at each other for a few minutes. Nightmare moon tried to suffocate Night, but nothing would work. Night weaved through spell after spell that was sent towards him. Everything from lightning bolts to spells to make things orange were thrown at him. He deflected less harmful spells back at her and redirected the others into space. He pulled dust and gas from around them to keep himself hidden.

"You may think you can win this with your space magic, but you haven't even seen the beginning of my abilities, Night!" Her eyes had a wild gleam to them and her mane fell by her shoulders as though it had forgotten it was supposed to be flowing. Then she disappeared.

Night looked around, but Nightmare Moon had vanished using what was probably the only spell she hadn't tried to hit him with yet: an invisibility spell. He could hear her laughter echo around him, but he didn't know where she was. One of the stars from their little arena hit him from behind pushing him further away from the moon. He shot a bolt of magic where he thought she was, but it flew off into space.

"I'm unimpressed, Night, I thought you would be better at fighting in space. Some Ruler of the Night you are, can't even defeat a pony that shouldn't exist in the first place," she whispered. Her voice was right next to his ear.

He shot lightning at the spot, but it only flew off and destroyed an asteroid a few feet away.

"Anyways, thanks for letting me out of the moon. I'll be off to conquer Equestria now!" she finished as she flung the pieces of the asteroid at him.

The rocks cut his cheeks and shoulders, and the dust obscured his vision. When he could see again, he saw the remaining stars flying towards him as Nightmare Moon reappeared and flew off towards Equestria.

"Never!" Night yelled after her.

He waited for the stars to get closer before he focused all his anger on them. As they exploded he flew through their remains. Nightmare Moon was already too far ahead for him to hit her with a spell, so instead, he conjured up a pair of aviator goggles and sped towards Nightmare Moon. He hasn't flown this fast in a long time, but it wasn't long before he was soaring through space like a pro. She blew up asteroids as she flew, and the dust particles stung as he flew through them. He noticed a comet to his left and turned toward it.

He landed on the comet and turned it towards Nightmare Moon. The comet was faster than her and it wasn't long before Night was next to her.

"Give up!" he called.

She flew upside down and smiled at him. "Never," she said with a smirk.

Night directed the comet above her. They were getting closer to Equestria now. He lowered the comet and pulled her into the tail. The tail's ice froze around her, trapping her mid-flight. Then, with the last of his energy, he opened a black hole in front of them and as they tumbled through, it closed behind them. Night fell onto the floor of Luna's side of the moon. He saw Nightmare Moon land on her bed. She started to get up, but before she could stand she fell back onto the bed limply. Luna appeared next to Night and helped him to his feet.

"Is she-"

"No. I just knocked her out. I think it's obvious she lost that fight."

Luna nodded as Night started to move towards the second bed which was on sitting on the floor. His head ached from creating the black hole, and he made it about three steps with Luna's help before collapsing to the floor. He felt Luna move him onto the bed before she began cleaning the cuts on his face.

"The two of us need to stop getting injured," she said quietly.

"Thank you," he muttered.

"Of course. Now, get some sleep," she whispered before kissing his cheek.

He smiled slightly before drifting off.

Author's Note:

You know, some of these chapters seem longer when I first write them, and I would try to make this one longer, but it's late and I'm tired. Forgive me. I'll try to make the next one longer. :/