• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 1,304 Views, 34 Comments

A Tyrant Uplifted - ToneCraft



A unicorn tries to right some past wrongs.

  • ...
0
 34
 1,304

Heartstrings

Lyra walked out of Sugarcube Corner, sighing a bit as she went straight towards the park. She and BonBon had agreed to meet there for their meetings, and as usual, Lyra was to debrief BonBon on whether she'd had any violent urges. She had fifteen minutes to get there before she'd technically be in violation of her parole.

She arrived on time, sat down on the bench, and waited for BonBon to arrive. She watched Scootaloo go past, and crash into some black unicorn. There was no shouting, just a stunned look on the stallion's face as Scootaloo said what Lyra assumed was an apology. Rainbow Dash was just landing when BonBon arrived.

"Alright, Lyra, let's get through the formality, and then we can watch Fly Hard II: Fly Harder. Finally got the movie," the earth pony said, before going into a quote from the first movie, assuming a gruff voice, "Yippie kye yay, mother bucker."

Lyra laughed a bit, "Well, got to get the whole 'parole' thing done first. No, I have not wanted to hit anyone, I haven't touched a spear, sword, or firearm, even with my magic, I have kept more than 100 feet away from Prince Blueblood at all times, and I washed AppleJack's apple cart for community service. With her permission, and under her supervision."

BonBon deadpanned, "You memorized the questions, didn't you?"

The mint green unicorn smirked, "Figured it would be faster if I did."

------

Sombra leapt to his hooves upon hearing a series of explosions from the apartment below his own. He fired off his horn, quickly opening the door with his telekinetic spell, and bolted down the stairs.

He didn't see any damage at first as he approached the door the sound was coming from. The one thought in his mind was about Aurora and the accident that took her away from him. Magic slipped his mind at this point as he slammed both of his forehooves against the door. The latch glowed emerald green and opened, revealing a light green unicorn mare, looking slightly startled.

"Can I.. Help you? Is the movie too loud?" the mare asked him, looking a bit concerned, even apologetic.

"The--what?" Sombra blinked a bit, "I heard explosions, I thought somepony might be hurt."

The green unicorn shook her head, "It's just a movie."

"A what?" Sombra asked, getting more confused by the minute.

"It's a movie. A series of pictures on a screen to tell a story. How can you not-- Oh."

He couldn't think of anything to say as he stared at her, waiting for her to continue.

"You're King Sombra, aren't you?" she asked him, to which he responded with a nod, "Well, my name is Lyra. Lyra Heartstrings."

"Well, Miss Heartstrings, it's just Sombra. I'm no king. Never really was," he looked down, "and I wish I'd never tried to be."

Lyra smiled a bit, "It's in the past, Sombra. And call me Lyra. I hate titles."

The stallion nodded slightly, "Thank you, Lyra."

She laughed, and continued, "Besides, I've done time in Canterlot Penitentiary. I don't particularly care what you did. You're not doing it now, are you?"

"No. And I don't plan to do it again," he responded.

"Then come in and watch a couple movies with me and BonBon."

------

"Iron Will's course comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!" The minotaur shouted over the crowd, "and you've seen for yourself how well it works, everypony! Iron Will turns pushovers into powerhouses!"

"Is that so?" A black unicorn stepped onto stage with a blindfolded cockatrice dragged behind him. His horn was curved, and red at the tip.

Iron Will looked down at the pony who had the gall to interrupt his pitch.The pony looked him in the eyes.

To the audience, all that appeared to happen was the pony showing up on stage and looking Iron Will in the eyes. The unicorn's eyes flashed briefly, and Iron Will ran to a corner of the stage, curling into the fetal position and sucking his thumb.

The creature laughed to himself as he walked away, leaving the trembling minotaur and two stone goats in front of the crowd.

Author's Note:

What're your thoughts on BonBon being Lyra's parole officer?