• Published 28th Oct 2013
  • 408 Views, 11 Comments

Don't go into the woods - Rangeralex92



There has been disturbances in Ponyville that have been coming from the ever free forest. Nopony knows what it is. Will they find out?

  • ...
 11
 408

Zecora

Twilight ran through the Everfree Forest, constantly checking behind her to make sure that nothing was following her. After that dream, she was paranoid. That dream not only felt real, but it felt like it meant something. But what? That's why Twilight was going to Zecora's. Zecora, being the only one who knew about these things, was the only one who could help. And maybe she could tell Twilight more about the book she had found earlier.

Before she knew it, Twilight had arrived at Zecora's home. She knocked on the door. It took Zecora a minute to get to the door (seeing as it was 2 in the morning). Zecora opened the door. She was still half asleep. She did not look pleased to see Twilight standing at her door.

"Yes, Twilight? You coming in the night gave me quite a fright" said Zecora in her usual rhyming pentameter.

"I need your help. I had a dream, no, a nightmare and I need to see if you can interpret it. And i also have a book i need you to look at" Twilight told the zebra.

Zecora looked at Twilight with a confused look on her face, but then smiled and said, "Come in, my friend! To your need, we will attend!"

Twilight followed Zecora into the hut. There were different potions, plants, and ingredients lined up on shelves on the wall. Twilight sat down at the table in the center of the room. Zecora brought over two cups of her home-made tea. It was Twilight's favorite. Zecora sat down across from Twilight and looked at her as if she was studying some sort of new species of animal.

"You had a dream that frightened you" asked Zecora. She was in deep though thinking about what could have scared Twilight so much.

Twilight was sobbing quietly into her hooves, holding back tears. She had never been this terrified before.

"Yes. It wasn't just any regular nightmare though. I felt that it had a deeper, darker meaning. It felt as if I were actually there" Twilight said in a quavering voice to Zecora as she began to drink the tea. "I knew that you were the only one who could help me."

Zecora pondered what Twilight had said. She had heard of dreams that felt real, but this was different. She sensed that the dream not only felt real to Twilight, but it also felt real to her. It felt as if something had been controlling Twilight's dream, causing this fear to be instilled in her. Zecora could feel the presence of a darker force causing this.

"I have an idea to see what it means. But first, we will have to enter your dreams" said Zecora as she walked over to her wall of potions.

"Enter my dreams? What do you mean, Zecora" asked Twilight, who was obviously confused at the zebra's plan.

Zecora poured a bottle of a dark colored liquid into her large kettle. "I mean exactly what I said. We will have to enter into your head" she stated. "This brew will let me enter into your dream and help you find what it means. But you seem nervous it seems."

She was right. Twilight was nervous. She had no knowledge that something like that was even possible. But it was also Zecora we're talking about here, so it didn't surprise her that it was possible.

"But don't worry! We will be out in a hurry" Zecora said with a smile on her face, trying to calm Twilight.

"What do you mean 'we'" exclaimed Twilight in a harsh voice. "I thought that you would be able to do it on your own!" Twilight was getting even more nervous now. Not because Zecora was going into her dreams, but because she would have to relive the whole thing again. She didn't like the thought of that. It was terrifying enough the first time! But she also knew that the only way to find out what was going on was to do this.

"I need you, my friend, to re-enact the dream. Besides, we are a team" Zecora told Twilight. Zecora brought over two cups of her brew and set one in front of Twilight. Twilight was hesitant about doing this.

"On the count of three" said Twilight. "One, Two, Three." They both downed the potion and everything went dark.

* * * * * * * *
Twilight began to run. She was back where she was before, but only this time, Zecora was with her. They both ran as fast as they could, trying to keep away from this black cloud. Twilight didn't dare look back, even though she knew what was following them. Zecora looked behind them and saw the black cloud. She turned back around and even had a look of fear on her face. She could feel the pure evil flowing from this mysterious cloud. This was serious. She had never seen anything like this before.

They continued to run for what seemed to be an eternity. Twilight then realized what part of the dream this was. "Zecora! It's going to catch up to us! I remember this! Run" Twilight yelled to Zecora. As soon as Twilight said that, the cloud engulfed them both, and everything turned to black.

* * * * * * * *
Twilight and Zecora woke up terrified. Even Zecora was frightened by what had just happened. "You said you brought a book. May i take a look" asked Zecora. Twilight pulled out the book and gave it to Zecora. She recognized the book as being a book written by one of her own kind, a zebra named Septimus Sigmus.

Zecora opened the book and began to look through it. She spent about 20 minutes searching through the book. Suddenly, something caught her eye. She closed the book and gave it back to Twilight. "Look at page 214, it will help with you with your dream" said Zecora.

Twilight took the book and put it in her saddlebag. "Thanks Zecora. I will look at the book in the morning" said Twilight. She left Zecora's hut and headed home.

When she arrived home, it was 7 A.M. and Spike was making breakfast. "Hey Twilight! Where have you been? i made you pan..." He was cut off by the sound of Twilight snoring.

"Oh Twilight. You go ahead and sleep. I'll just eat your pancakes!"

Author's Note:

Sorry if Zecora's rhymes suck. I can't write rhyming pentameter for the life of me! WOO HOO SEPTIMUS SIGMUS! Where's my essence extractor?