• Published 28th Oct 2013
  • 408 Views, 11 Comments

Don't go into the woods - Rangeralex92



There has been disturbances in Ponyville that have been coming from the ever free forest. Nopony knows what it is. Will they find out?

  • ...
 11
 408

The Book

As this happened to more ponies, Twilight became intrigued with the matter. She began doing research on the matter. She began to read old news articles on missing ponies, books about finding lost things, and other such things in hope of finding something that could explain the problem. With every book and news article, she found herself disappointed, fining nothing of any use to her.

"What could be causing these ponies to disappear and re-appear like this?! I'm looking in all the places where there should be an answer, but finding nothing" Twilight grunted as she tossed another book on top of her mountain of books and articles that she had read. "I just don't know where to look!" She laid her head on the floor with a look of defeat on her face.

Spike entered the room and walked toward the lavender alicorn. He spoke to her in a gentle manner: "Twilight, are you okay? You have been looking for three days now! Don't you think it's time to give it a break? Maybe if you take a break, you will be able to find something without being so stressed out."

"No, Spike. I'm not going to quit searching until I find out what is going on and why these ponies keep disappearing" said Twilight as she stood up. She walked toward the bookshelves again, hoping to find another book that might give her an answer. All she came to find was an empty bookshelf. Twilight paced back and forth in front of the shelves, looking high and low for something else. A book. A magazine. Anything!

As she was looking, something caught her attention. There was a small rectangular, off colored spot on the back of one of the bookshelves. 'What's this' she thought to herself. She reached out and touched it with her hoof. When she touched it, the spot drew back into the wall and slid to the left, revealing an old, large book. "I haven't seen this book before. What is it?"

She read the title aloud: "'Septimus Sigmus's Guide to Spirits, Curses, Daedra, and Other Mythical Beings'." "I don't recall seeing it in here either, Twilight" said Spike as he flipped the book over to see the back cover. "In fact, I don't think I've ever even heard of this book before! I wonder what's inside."

"Nothing but a bunch of mumbo-jumbo that somepony wrote to trick other ponies into believing in ghosts and goblins" Twilight ranted as she took the book out of Spike's hands and began to put it back. But before she set the book down, something made her stop and just hold the book there.She felt as if there was a barrier between the book and the shelf. She began to think, "What is in that book? Could there be something in there that would be useful to me? Nah, like I said, its just a bunch of made up ghosts and goblins. Nothing of my interest."

She put the book back and looked at the clock. It was already 10 P.M. "Wow it's late! We better get going to bed, Spike" said Twilight as she began to walk upstairs to her bedroom. Spike followed after her and literally jumped into bed.

"Maybe I'll find something in the morning. Maybe." Twilight drifted off to sleep and began to dream.

* * * * * * * *
Twilight began to run. She didn't know why she was running, but she was. She felt like something was chasing her and she couldn't get away from it. She didn't dare look behind her. She didn't have any clue where she was or how she had gotten there. All she knew was that she had to keep running from whatever was pursuing her.

She ran for what seemed like an eternity. She still didn't know what was chasing her. She made the decision to look behind and see her pursuer and immediately regretted it. When she turned around, all she saw was a black cloud. But this was not any ordinary cloud. This cloud was a cloud of pure evil, looking to devour anything it came in contact with.

Why was this chasing her? All she knew is that she had to keep running. She turned around again to see that the cloud was gaining on her. She ran faster, but it was no use. The faster she ran, the faster is came toward her. She turned around once more to see that it was merely feet away from her. She tried to use her magic to teleport herself, but her magic would not work.

The cloud caught up to Twilight, and before she knew it, the cloud had consumed her in all its pure evil. She let out a shriek as everything turned to black.

* * * * * * * *
Twilight woke up in a puddle of sweat. She was terrified. She thought to herself, 'What just happened? Was that a dream? It felt so real! Did that actually just happen?' She jumped out of bed and looked around. She was in her library. Nothing was chasing her. Everything was normal. "I need to find Zecora. She's the only one who can help me."

Twilight grabbed her saddlebag and of all things, the 'Spetimus Sigmus's Guide to Spirits, Curses, Daedra, and Other Mythical Beings'. She felt that she needed to bring it. "Zecora might be able to tell me about this" she though.

Twilight exited the library and then began to run towards Zecora's house as fast as she could.

Author's Note:

The first part of the chapter is Twilight searching for answers. The second part is Twilight's dream. The final part is where Twilight realizes that she needs help. And if you have played skyrim, you will recognize 2 references i put in there.