• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 524 Views, 11 Comments

Foal sitting isn't easy! - Whiskey Drops



Here Click thought that foal sitting would be an easy feat!

  • ...
7
 11
 524

Foalsitting should be easy....right?

~~~~~ Foalsitting should be easy...right? ~~~~~~




Click was running around in the Everfree Forest panicking in his mind. Oh Celestia where have those three foals gone off too!! I thought just watching three foals would be easy!!!Confused, let me start from earlier today!

~~~~~Earlier~~~~~

Click didn't have any duties to preform for the weather patrol and Ditzy was away for a couple of days to visit with her family, Click whent to visit his friend Applejack over at Sweet Apple Acres. Though Click had to find Applejack in the massive fields of the apple trees, he eventully found the orange mare setting up some baskets under the trees before she spotted Click approaching her.


“Howdy Click, ya come in fer a visit?” Applejack said with a warm smile.


“ Yea, you busy? I can wait if you are!” Click smiled back at her as Applejack answered.


“Ah'm busier than a worm in a rotten apple!”Applejack said with a sad smile.


“Oh well that's ok App..” Click was stopped by a small filly named Applebloom.


“Sis! Are ya ready to help me and mah friends?” Applebloom said with a smile on her face.


“Ah'm sorry Applebloom, but these fields need to be tended Ah can't take ya'll.” Applejack said to her now frowning sister.


“I can watch them for you Applejack! “ Click said to Applejack .


“ Ah don't know, Click these three fillies are a hoof full.” Applejack looked over at Click as he waved his hoof.


“It can't be that hard they are just foals right?” Click said with a smiled as Applejack rolled her eyes.


“Ah suppose but ya asked fer it Click, Now Applebloom ah want ya and yer lil friends to listen to Click ya hear?” Applejack smiled to Applebloom who was nodding.


Click and Applebloom waved to Applejack as Click followed the foal, they eventully met up with her two other CMC members. Click thought Ok, just three fillies I don't see what the big idea is should be easy enough? Click followed the fillies to the edge of the Everfree Forest. The fillies walked around hoping to earn there cutie marks in some sort of form of bug studying. Click for the moment looked away to face the breeze blowing into his face as he closed his eyes.


“ This isn't hard at all!” Click said to himself.


“Applebloom! We won't find any good bugs out here do you think there's good ones in the forest??” The orange filly whispered to Applebloom.


“Maybe!” Applebloom said.


“But aren't we suppose to stay with Click?” asked the white filly.


“We can be back before he notices!” Said the orange fillie and with that the three trotted off into the forest.


Click's mood soon changed as he looked back to find the three fillies missing. First thing came to Click's mind 'W-what! They were just here.....don't tell me they whent into the forest! Click took off into the forest searching for the missing foals. Click was running around in the Everfree Forest panicking in his mind. Oh Celestia where have those three foals gone off too!! I thought just watching three foals would be easy!!! Click then heard the screams of the filles as he rushed in the direction of the screams.


Oh, ponyfeathers! Click thought to himself as he spotted a small manticore corning the fillies, with no time to think he quickly whipped off his camera and held the strap between his teeth as he flung it hitting the manticore on the head, grabbing its attention. Its a good thing I'm a fool at times! Click thought to himself as the manticore slowly approached him.

“ Y-y-you three.... R-RUN!!!” Click yelled to the fillies as they took off running leaving the Manticore with Click.


Click crouched low and flared his wings trying to look as big as possible but it didn't phase the Manticore none. Ponyfeatheres ponyfeathers ponyfeathers!!! I'm scared witless right now! Click thought to himself as he trembled a little keeping his ground glaring at the manticore, the manticore lunged forward and swung as click who managed to stumble back some just as a claw barely grazed his nose, blood slowly came from the small cut as Click whinced a little before turning and bucked the manticore in the jaw.


“Take that you..” Click never finished since the manticore swung again sending Click into a tree.


Click was stunned by the pain he felt in his back as if his wings were broken, the manticore grabbed him by his throat and lifted him up as its other paw showed its claws, Click struggled but it was futile he just closed his eyes and waited for the hit. The hit never came but a crushing pain after a loud crack was heard, Click battered and tired slowly pulled him self out from under branches from a fallen tree he was tossed into, covered in small cuts while his wings hang limply to his sides. He slowly limped to the edge of the forest as he thought to him self. S-so tired.....fillies. Before Click thought any further he passed out just outside of the forest.


Click slowly woke up in a room of white with what looked like monitering equipment thats in a hospital, he slowly groaned as he looked round the room and spotted Applejack with the three fillies. He thought to himself, Foal sitting isn't as easy as I thought. He laid there with some bandages wrapped around his barrel and his cuts and bruises were treated. He heard some movement off to the side as he saw Applejack slowly approached him looking concerned.


“Click! What happened to ya'll?” Applejack was standing beside the bed looking at him.


“A-a manticore a-attacked the filles...... I d-distracted it and got lucky from a falling tree.” Click slowly relaxed in the bed as he closed his eyes some.


“ A manticore!! Ya could have been killed Click, what yer ya thinkin?” Applejack said with a worried glare.


“ I-i wasn't I just acted....are they alright? And how did I end up here? “ Click opened his eyes and looked over at the sleeping fillies.


“Ah carried ya here, and they are fine sugercube thanks to ya the docters said you can leave in a couple of days....and thank ya Click fer saving my lil sister.” Applejack said with a warm smile.


“What are friends for, huh? “ Click smiled at the orange mare.


“Next time.... I'll bring some sort of armour when I foalsit them again.” He chuckled to himself.


“That or ya'll steer clear of that forest.” Applejack said as she raised her eye brow and tilted her hat back.


Applejack and Click laughed soon a nurse came in and ushered them out for visiting hours were over.
He laid there and stared at he ceiling thinking to himself again. Ponyfeathers...foalsitting is a lot harder than I thought. Click sighed to himself as he closed his eyes to get some much needed rest from his near death bout.


~~~~To Be Continued~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Tried my hand to some action...don't know if it worked too well.....I'll just stick with romancing kind of things!