• Published 11th Nov 2013
  • 1,160 Views, 26 Comments

The Doll - Ribe_FireRain



Rainbow Dash gets a mysterious box with a doll inside of it. After a while of trying to discover what it is, she finds it is more than just a doll...

  • ...
3
 26
 1,160

Rainbow's End?

The early morning soon transformed into the afternoon during the events that took everypony by surprise.

As to now, nopony knows what went on during that morning, all but one and that one was Rainbow Dash.

The wound she attained cut through several veins in her hoof and left her in a critical condition.

She could of died from it then, and now even. Nopony knows if she will make it to tell the tale.

Fluttershy was still unconscious and now at the hospital with Rainbow Dash and all her friends, along with a few members of the town who were curious to see what happened to them.

Fluttershy was the first to wake up.

Her eyes were trying to refocus as her eyes slowly opened followed by a small series of weak groans.

'Where....Where am I....?'

Her voice was dry and weak.

'What happened to Rainbow?'

Her eyes were now fully focused on the small crowd of ponies in the room.

In front of her was Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Bon Bon, Lyra, Berry Punch and a few others.

All their eyes were now fixed onto Fluttershy as they all let out a sigh of relief that she was alright.

Twilight was the first to speak out of the crowd.

'Fluttershy? How are you feeling? Are you hurt?'

Twilight asked in a concerned voice.

'N-No, I don't think so, but- Oh no...where's Rainbow?!'

'Calm down, Fluttershy, she's next to you in her bed.'

A wave of relief flew over Fluttershy as she knew her friend was safe.

'Fluttershy? What happened to ya'll?'

Applejack asked.

Fluttershy began to itch at hear head as she tried not to think about what happened.

It was all too much for somepony like Fluttershy... Especially too much.

She took a glance at Rainbow who was still unconscious and laid on her side.

Her hoof had a weave of bandages and gauzes around it to stop the blood flow as antibiotics were inserted through a medical tube.

A tear stroked down Fluttershy's cheek as she gave a heavy sigh.

'I...um... found a strange doll in my garden...and....um....'

Twilight's ears pricked as she heard about the a doll being mentioned in Fluttershy's story.

'Wait...a doll?' Twilight raised a brow as she started to think, 'Was the doll you found one that looked like a yellow fox?'

Fluttershy looked up towards Twilight's gaze. She knew where this was going...

'Y-Yes... how did you know?'

'Rainbow came in to the library at about 3 in the morning about 2 days ago saying she got a strange parcel with no name or address written on the label and said it was some kind of weird doll...'

Twilight continued.

'She told me that it tried to kill her the night she brought it in to her house.' 'She was scared half out of her mind when she came bursting through my door, but once she explained things, I remembered that I have heard of something like what she told me before.'

'What she explained to me led me to a fact that it was some kind of possessed doll. The legend about it is called Mystery of The Death Doll.'

The room fell silent as Twilight said those last few words.

Fluttershy turned slightly pale.

'D-D-D-Death Doll..?'

Pinkie Pie managed to say from under her breath.

'How? Dolls are so fuzzy-woozy and cuddly-wuzzy!'

Lyra was getting curious about this 'Death Doll' but also scared by it.

'Twilight, what should we do? Surely we are not safe with that doll thing creeping around town or Celestia knows where!'

Lyra was just as terrified as everyone else in the room, also as much as Fluttershy was.

The group were interrupted when a mare and stallion came into the room.

The mare had a mane much like Rainbow Dash's apart from it was a lovingly and beautiful shade of blue and her coat was that of a hot pink.

The stallion however looked familiar.

His mane and tail were the same as Rainbow Dash's and his coat was a tone of grey that looked near to the colour of stone.

The couple were both Pegasus's and there was no doubt that they were Rainbow's mother and father.

The blue haired mare was crying, and so was the stallion.

The mare went towards Rainbow's bedside with tears in her eyes.

She began to stroke Rainbow's mane with her fore hoof as she looked at her unconscious daughter.

'R-Rainbow..can you hear me?'

The mare's tears grew stronger and stronger to the point where she began to cry uncontrollably.

Seeing her daughter in the way she was now was all too much for her to bear.

The stallion pulled her into a hug as he himself started to cry.

As his wife cried into his shoulder, he couldn't take his eyes off his unconscious daughter.

He could feel himself starting to break. There was nothing stronger than the pain of loss, and he sure as hell wasn't going to standby and watch his own daughter remain in a deep state of unconsciousness as all they could do was wait.

What he was feeling was slowly eating away at him. He wanted the pony responsible for what happened to his daughter to be dealt with and he wanted him to be found NOW!

He turned his head to Twilight who was also starting to cry.

'Are you Twilight?'

'Yes. And you must be Rainbow Dash's father?'

'Yes, I'am. We both came here as soon as we heard about what happened.'

Twilight looked at him dead in the eyes of the rainbow maned stallion.

'Um...you may want to look at her hoof...she was injured by some kind of possessed doll...'

The mare and stallion gave Twilight a confused look and turned their heads to face Rainbow's hoof.

They saw it was covered all the way down with bandages and gauzes, along with a transparent medical tube that was filtering antibiotics into her system to keep her alive.

The pink mare went to go and touch her hoof, only to find that she was slightly cold to the touch.

She began to sniffle.

'What kind of sick pony would do this? WHO?!'

New tears began to flow down her face.

Twilight placed a hoof on her shoulder.

'She'll be fine, trust me. She was attacked by a possessed doll.'

'The part that I don't understand is why it only went for Rainbow Dash. I don't know what it saw in her, but something obviously made it want to target her and not Fluttershy.'

The pink mare sniffled again.

'Please....call me Firefly.'

'Firefly.. Rainbow had most of her veins cut when, by my guess, the doll slashed her. She may have to stay here for a while.'

Firefly nodded and hugged Twilight.

'Thank you, Twilight.' 'You have no idea what it's like to be far from your daughter then get a letter saying that she was at a hospital in a critical condition...'

Firefly's words began to trail off as she finished talking.

She looked back at her husband who was sat next to Rainbow Dash, watching her as he stroked her beautiful, multi-coloured mane.

At that moment Nurse Redheart walked in to tell everyone that visiting ours were over.

Everyone left except for Rainbow Dash's parents who were next to their daughter's side.

'Nurse? I'm not leaving my daughter alone when I don't know if she will be alright or not. I can't leave her like this.'

Rainbow's father looked straight into the nurses pale blue eyes, not breaking eye contact once.

'Sorry, but visiting hours are over, I know it's unbearably painful to just standby, but you must understand that-'

Firefly cut Nurse Redheart short.

'No. What would you do if this was your daughter? I'm not leaving her. No matter what you say, you won't make me leave her side.'

'Fine then. You may stay for a few more hours, just make sure you manage to leave before we lockup for the night.'

Smiles spread across the couples faces.

'Thanks, Nurse.'

Author's Note:

I had to make this short for now.

I might edit it further or then again may not.

The next chapter won't be out until Monday night.