• Published 23rd Oct 2013
  • 2,321 Views, 11 Comments

A Lifetime Forgotten - 15MadyCat



After serving a major head injury, Spike has forgotten everything about the recent years. Now it is up to Rarity and the rest of his family to help him get it back.

  • ...
3
 11
 2,321

Chapter 1

"Be warned he is still a bit jumpy and scared." The light purple haired dragon-blood held tight to the door knob while facing away from it. "But I'm sure if you don't excite him or confuse him he'll be fine. Just act natural." He smiled worriedly at the unicorn-blood and the mixed-blood beside her. "Ready?"

"Yeah, but I have a quick question." The male raised his hand lightly still a bit confused about the whole thing. "Can we tell him who we are?"

"Yes, but don't mention anything serious like the fact that you're his wife." The dragon-blood motioned to Rarity by nodding in her direction, "And not that you are his son, but simply your names and possibly a little info about your age what you are and where you live. We don't want to overflow him with important information to fast." The messy light purple haired dragon motioned with his hand by slowly pushing it forward. "He get's pretty bad headaches if you talk to loud or to fast so just..uh..give him his space, alright?"

The other two nodded in unison as the dragon-blood smiled and opened the door slowly. The mother and son walked into the dimmed room with a chair in the middle and a dragon-blood sitting in it. His head was down as he stared at his feet with his spiky green hair falling over his face. The stapled gash in the crown of his head was obvious and it was no wonder why he had lost his memory. "Spike, darling?" Rarity asked as she lightly placed a hand on his shoulder.

He sat up immediately staring into the unicorns eyes. He looked terrified and lost, but in the mist of his deep green eyes there was a tint of sadness to them. Rarity jumped a bit at the sudden action, but quickly calmed herself and smiled at the adult dragon-blood. "How are you feeling?" She asked in a quiet tone rubbing his back softly.

Spike thought for a little bit looking back down at his feet and kicking them lightly. "Hungry." It was more of a question than a statement. He looked back at the smiling woman who was oddly close to him. Did he know her? Why was she so close to him? How come he couldn't help but feel guilty about not knowing her? Was she someone important to him? He felt as if he knew her but he couldn't quite put a finger on it.

Rarity giggled lightly. "Well it's good to know you haven't changed." The unicorn stood up from her crouching position, but never stopped smiling at the dragon.

"S-so what's your name?" Spike asked in a shy tone like he was meeting someone for the first time.

"Oh how rude of me!" Rarity dramatically put her hand on her chest and huffed out air. "My name is Rarity, and this is Gem." She said after quickly composing herself. Spike looked over at the boy with lavender hair, a light gray unicorn horn, and blue ear tufts. He was shifting from leg to leg and rubbing his left arm.

"Hi Gem." Spike said making the boy jump a little looking up at his father. The teen merely waved shyly. Spike didn't know why he wasn't talking. Was there something wrong with him? Could he talk? "How old are you?" The adult male asked watching Gem's reaction.

Gem frowned. His father should know this. "I'm 19, D-" Gem stopped himself before completing the last word. Looking back to what his uncle had told him his dad wasn't allowed to know that he was his son. That's ridiculous! Gem thought angry. Why should he have to hide that? His dad was going to find out anyway. In fact somewhere in that injured brain of his he already knew.

Spike raised an eyebrow. "What was that last part?"

"Nothing..." The kirin mumbled under his breath. The door slowly crept open revealing the light purple haired dragon-blood.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt but...um...I gotta talk to Spike alone." He walked into the room and sheepishly smiled at Rarity and Gem. The unicorn nodded and grabbed her sons hand walking out of the room slowly. Rarity stood in the doorway for a second turning back to look at her husband who was watching her and Gem leave. She lightly waved and smiled before closing the door behind her.

A loud clap brought Spike back to reality. "What?" Spike asked a bit annoyed. The sudden clap was enough for Spike's headache to return. He winced a bit and rubbed his temples.

Gnarl sighed. "Sorry." He walked over to his little brother and kissed him on the cheek. Something very common for dragons to do to family members or even close friends, and sometimes its a quick kiss on the lips. Dragons are very expressive of their love and personal display of affection is common within the Dragon Kingdom.

"It's fine." Spike smiled at his brother. He was one of the very few people Spike could remember. Most likely because his brother was with him when he lost his memory and when he awoke a month later, in fact his brother was the one who saved his life.

"Ready to get out of this room?" Gnarl held out his hands to his younger brother, and Spike accepted happily. The purple haired dragon-blood helped his kin stand up and made sure he wouldn't fall over. "The unicorn-blooded woman you just met is who you will be staying with, alright?" Gnarl led Spike out of the small room and into a sitting room that was alined with chairs that only occupied two people. The curly purple haired unicorn and the lavender haired kirin.

Spike walked over to the two as they both stood up to greet him. "Hey." The adult dragon simply said.

"Ready to go?" Rarity smiled hoping to get out of the hospital and get started on getting her husbands memory back right away. The green headed dragon-blood nodded.

"Okay, but before you go remember what I told you earlier." Gnarl pointed at the unicorn with curly purple hair as she nodded and smiled.

Taking Spike's hand Rarity led him and Gem out of the hospital and finally back to the boutique.