• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 1,692 Views, 61 Comments

What Would You Do with a Drunken DJ? - Reaps



Rainbow Dash isn't known for taking things too hard, but when a certain mare rejects her, it gets rough, and she copes like any responsible mare would, with a few good drinks, and an old friend.

  • ...
17
 61
 1,692

They Talk

The morning came as it always does, with Celestia's sun rising in the sky. For two ponies in particular, it also came with a splitting headache and all the other lovely little things a hangover brings. The one solace for them being the others soft, warm body in their arms. After a few minutes, the white unicorn finally brings herself to get out of bed, much to the unhidden dislike of the cyan pegasus trying half-heartedly to keep the embrace. "No, five more hours," groaned Rainbow Dash.

Vinyl couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the display. "Don't you mean five more minutes?"

"No. In five minutes I'll still be hungover."

The DJ allowed herself a soft laugh at that before leaning in and kissing Rainbow's forehead softly. "You're such a silly filly. We'll talk when ya wake up."

Rainbow made a faint, blind attempt to reach for the unicorn, but didn't try for long before groaning and giving up. "Whatever."

Vinyl smiled, and she knew full well that things would get a bit crazy as soon as the pegasus sobered up from her sleep. With that in mind, she quietly hurried to get a shower, trying her best to deal with the headache she'd grown rather familiar with lately as she made her way to her bathroom. "Just shower and get something to eat, Scratch. Dash is gonna flip her lid when she gets up." She sighed as she stepped into her bathroom and began undressing.


After her refreshing shower, getting dressed, and settling in her kitchen with a cup of coffee, the DJ ticked her hand back and forth as she counted down. "And: Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three..." She stopped as she heard shuffling and a few 'thumps' from the direction of her bedroom. "Well, damn. Guess she and I've been apart for longer than I thought. Three seconds off."

Within a few more seconds, a very unnerved Rainbow Dash stepped into the kitchen to see a smiling Vinyl Scratch with two cups of coffee sitting on the table she rested at. The pegasus took a moment before giving a slight chuckle and walking to the table. "Uh, heh, hey."

Vinyl gave a knowing smile as the cyan mare took a seat and idly gripped the handle on her mug. "Morning. So, how's the hangover treatin' ya?"

"Like its bitch," said the pegasus with more than a light groan.

Vinyl managed a chuckle through her own lingering headache. "Yeah, I know how that feels. Coffee's cooled enough now, by the way."

Rainbow smiled a bit and took a sip of her coffee, pleasantly surprised at the temperature. "So, uh, what all did we, ya know, do? Last night, I mean."

"Oh, you know, fucked like crazy. I spanked you pretty bad too, like, literally, I'm surprised you don't remember, you were screaming like a freakin' banshee." The DJ spoke matter-of-factly, a slight smirk on her face as she half-closed her eyes.

Rainbow Dash's cheeks lit up like fire, her eyes as wide as they'd ever been. "Wh-wh-what?! You're serious?! I... I, uh-"

The pegasus was cut short by a loud laugh from Vinyl Scratch, one that almost sent the unicorn out of her chair. "Dashie, chill! I'm fuckin' with ya! What I do remember, we came in, fell on the bed, and flat passed out." After calming down, the unicorn gave a soft, slightly apologetic smile.

Rainbow Dash, on the other hand, simply buried her face in her wing. "Fuck you, Scratch, seriously."

"Well, you are my guest now, so, I suppose if you insist..."

Rainbow pulled back, her cheeks as red as ever. "Wait, what?!"

Vinyl simply shrugged and smiled. "What? It's called hospitality. An attractive mare is my guest, so if she wants me, who am I to say no, save for a bad host?"

Rainbow Dash's blush didn't fade, but she decided it likely wouldn't soon, and turned to her coffee again. "Well, to chance bein' rude, Why'd you do that last night? Ya know, the whole shots deal. I mean, I know you love to drink, you probably handle your liquor way better than any unicorn I've ever met, but we don't usually talk, let alone get drunk together."

The DJ sighed and took a decent sip of her coffee. "DJ's intuition, Dash. You were takin' something hard, real hard. I can't say I know what, though I'm sure Muggshot does. Let's see, though: You were slumped over first thing when you sat down, you walked, not only that, but you walked slow, so you weren't angry or jealous."

"Judging off what Muggs acted like, I can only guess you asked for something vague, and considering you were just knocking it back, I'm gonna take a guess that you either got one shit break-up or you got turned down. Well, I would guess that, but you don't seem the type to take that to heart too much. Either way, care to tell me how close I am?"

Rainbow Dash sat, staring blankly at the white unicorn, dumbfounded. "You... how did..." She sighed and finished up her coffee. "You're dead on." She turned to Vinyl. "Now how the fuck did you figure all that out?!"

Vinyl shrugged and finished her cup up as well. "Told ya, DJ's intuition. My special talent may be music, but my job is pulling ponies up from the dumps. I have to know my audience, pick up on the little hints, like when they aren't feeling a song. They aren't gonna just up and shout it, usually. They will start slowing down though, not by a lot, but they'll look weighed down. Then there's the fact that if I watch them come in, I can sometimes tell what kind of songs are best to avoid. Upsetting a crowd is, like, career suicide for a DJ."

Rainbow Dash nodded and looked to the mare. "So, what? Are you interested in me, or something?"

Vinyl sighed and floated both cups to the sink to wash later. "Dash, I'm gonna stop you right there. Yes. I like you. I think you're attractive, Hay, I think you're rockin', but I'm not going to let you just push this out of the way. Yeah, sure, we could just get up, walk into my room, get out a few of my special toys, and fuck till the morning comes back around, but it won't do anything for your head."

"What the Hay are you talkin' about Scratch? All I need is something to take this whole thing off my mind."

"Yeah, you need that, and then you'll need it again, and again, and again, and the ways you'll do it will become more and more second nature, meaning it will take less concentration to do, and then it won't be enough and you'll do something stupid. You need to work this out. You need to talk to somepony."

"And just what makes you a professional on this kind of thing?"

Vinyl promptly pointed to her psychology and modern music degrees on the wall. "Five years minoring in psychology and three majoring in it. That, as well as being a professional DJ attuned to reading her crowd for years, and a good deal of personal experience."

Rainbow opened her mouth to speak, but no words made it out. She stared for a moment before sighing. "So, let me guess: You're gonna try to make me talk this over, huh?"

"Nope."

The pegasus stared blankly again. "What? Wait, I thought you said I needed to talk to somepony."

"Yep."

"But you're not going to make me sit here and talk about it?"

"No. You're free to walk out that door right now and take off back to your house. Just go on and shove this back and be back at the pub by week's end. What I am going to do is set this all straight: This is gonna suck, doesn't matter what you choose. What you can choose, though, is to sit here, talk it out, and get all the sucking out with somepony that isn't just the stallion serving you your next glass of 'Make me forget,' and it'll be over with, or you can walk out that door, hit the air as fast as possible, let the rush carry you away, bus through your days like you own the place, and lay in your bed every night, eventually having to cry your plot to sleep because you can forget this mare."

The cyan mare blinked, taking a couple of seconds to soak in what was said. After she did, she spared a glance at the door, which immediately glowed in a blue aura and opened. She blinked again and looked to Vinyl, who was smiling softly. "Just helpin' ya out. Like I said, we can sit and talk it out, or you can head home and put this all as far behind you as your wings will let you for a time. Now just tell me if I should close the door or if you're headin' out." Through every word, the DJ's smile never faltered.

Rainbow Dash looked between the mare and the open door, part of her desperate to leave, like she would any other time, but a surprisingly large part of her wanting to stay. After almost a full minute passed, the pegasus sighed and relaxed herself in the chair. "Close it, Scratch. I need to just get this off my chest."

Vinyl's expression didn't change, she simply closed the door, then the blinds, and removed her shirt, leaving only her bra to cover her moderately large breasts, something that made Rainbow Dash's cheeks light up once more. Before she could speak, however, Vinyl beat her to it. "You said you're getting it off your chest, so we both are, literally."

Rainbow Dash's blush would have been worse if it were possible. She looked at her shirt and to the now shirtless unicorn beside her. Vinyl shook her head, still smiling. "Trust me, Dash? It helps. Make it literal, physical even, and it's not near as hard to talk."

With a sigh, the pegasus removed her shirt, leaving her modest breasts covered by a sports bra. Vinyl smiled and leaned back against her chair, motioning for the other mare to start. Rainbow Dash nodded and took a breath before leaning against the table and recounting the rather short encounter with Fluttershy the previous day.

After she finished, Rainbow Dash rested her head in her hands and heaved another breath. She looked over to Vinyl to see her give a final nod. "Yeah, I guess I can see how that might sting pretty bad. How long have you been looking for a relationship, if I might ask?"

Rainbow Dash shrugged. "I dunno, a few weeks. Maybe a month... or three."

Vinyl silently stood and walked over, pulling the pegasus into a consoling hug. Rainbow Dash was surprised for a few moments, but once it passed, she eagerly pulled the unicorn into a tight embrace. The hug lasted only a few minutes before they both eased up and separated. Vinyl smiled softly. "How about I fix us some breakfast, and you just relax? Sound good to you?"

Rainbow Dash smiled back and nodded. "Yeah, that sounds pretty cool, Scratch. You sure you don't mind?"

"Now since when have I ever minded helping out a friend? After all, I spent, what, three years helping Tavi back on her hooves?" With that, the DJ smiled and got to work fixing up a breakfast for two.